• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

CHINA

1 minute ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

We have the upper hand right now, but within the next 20 years China will be the worlds dominant super power. The Europeans seem to want to avoid all conflict, but if you let this bully keep pushing you around things will only be worse when they are that much bigger than you.

Their military is a joke. They have nukes but they would be turned to glass instantly  if they ever launched one in our direction. 

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/v7gem3/china-wants-to-use-its-coronavirus-app-to-track-how-much-its-citizens-sleep-drink-and-smoke

China Wants to Use Its Coronavirus App to Track How Much Its Citizens Sleep, Drink, and Smoke

The data would be used to permit or deny entry to public buildings, and control the use of public transport.

The proposal, made by officials in the eastern China city of Hangzhou late last week, has been met with an unprecedented wave of criticism: Citizens claim it would become part of Beijing’s already-dystopian surveillance system that is used to monitor and track an increasing amount of citizens’ online and offline activities.

Back in February, the Chinese government introduced a mandatory tracking app to combat the spread of the coronavirus. The app, which was developed jointly by Chinese tech giants Tencent and Alibaba, gives each user a green, yellow, or red status depending on where they've traveled or whether they have been in contact with confirmed cases.

The app has been downloaded over a billion times and users’ codes have been scanned over 9 billion times, according to Tencent. The Chinese government claimed it helped stop the spread of coronavirus within China. But an investigation by the New York Times found that health data collected by the app was being shared with local police officials without the users’ explicit permission.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-05-27/pompeo-finds-hong-kong-is-no-longer-autonomous-from-china

U.S. Says Hong Kong’s Autonomy Is Gone, Sowing China Trade Doubt

The Trump administration said it could no longer certify Hong Kong’s political autonomy from China, a move that could trigger sanctions and have far-reaching consequences on the former British colony’s special trading status with the U.S.

Secretary of State Michael Pompeo announced the decision Wednesday, a week after the government in Beijing declared its intention to pass a national security law curtailing the rights and freedoms of Hong Kong citizens.

“Hong Kong does not continue to warrant treatment under United Stateslaws in the same manner as U.S. laws were applied to Hong Kong before July 1997,” Pompeo said in a statement. “No reasonable person can assert today that Hong Kong maintains a high degree of autonomy from China, given facts on the ground.”

12 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Who cares.  Hong Kong is a part of China.  Leave them to their own affairs.  

and lol at the concept that there’s any winning with China.  It’s a MAD situation and it will continue to be one. 

Bullshit. China couldn’t hold a candle the US. You sound like a total pussy. 

53 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Lol alright. 

There is zero chance China wins a war against us. Especially with the type of coalition that could be built right now since virtually the whole world hates them. I’m anti war but if they ever started one it would be won by the Americans quickly and decisively. 

China is a formidable enemy especially their Navy. They still have a history of losing. We  win but it won't be easy. The greatest generation has been replaced by big mouth women running the house while their hen pecked husbands play angry birds. 50 years since we faced a major national crisis and Americans just handed over their freedoms. I have doubts the cancel life and vote from home crowd is ready to take enemy fire. 

The problem with China in war would be they still have the numbers.  We kill 100 million of them, and it won't even dent their force.  They kill 10 million of us, and it pretty much leaves the hippies in charge.  

Our best defense is to starve them out.  

17 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

Who cares.  Hong Kong is a part of China.  Leave them to their own affairs.  

and lol at the concept that there’s any winning with China.  It’s a MAD situation and it will continue to be one. 

I'm not sure what your point is here exactly. Pompeo is saying that Hong Kong is now clearly part of China and no longer eligible for the special treatment it has been receiving. 

5 hours ago, gotbeer said:

Of Course, this might even the manpower odds.

Trump Is Offering to Mediate in the India-China Border Dispute. Here's What to Know About the Escalating Tensions

Sounds like China is going to try to do a South China Seas on India.

Yes add that to the list. There was apparently some shooting on the border the other day. China is building up their forces there. 

2 hours ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

I'm not sure what your point is here exactly. Pompeo is saying that Hong Kong is now clearly part of China and no longer eligible for the special treatment it has been receiving. 

No point, just saying that we should not interfere in China’s affairs.  If Hong Kong’s special status is no longer maintained as a result of the new paradigm then so be it.  It shouldn’t be the business of the US to intervene in the relationship between China and one of it’s territories.   

Edited by UndertheHalo

18 hours ago, Lhalo said:

Bullshit. China couldn’t hold a candle the US. You sound like a total pussy. 

18 hours ago, Lhalo said:

There is zero chance China wins a war against us. Especially with the type of coalition that could be built right now since virtually the whole world hates them. I’m anti war but if they ever started one it would be won by the Americans quickly and decisively. 

I'm pretty sure UTH was not saying anything about war. He was referring to there not being any "winning" with this current situation and to just stay out of it. 

But then you ripped off your American flag underpants and went outside and shot your assault rifle into the air while yelling "FUCK YOU COMMIES" before coming into your living room to type your response to UTH with your freedom boner.

Edited by tdawg87

21 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

I'm pretty sure UTH was not saying anything about war. He was referring to there not being any "winning" with this current situation and to just stay out of it. 

But then you ripped off your American flag underpants and went outside and shot your assault rifle into the air while yelling "FUCK YOU COMMIES" before coming into your living room to type your response to UTH with your freedom boner.

I’d post a pic of my freedom boner but camera that was built to take it is still sitting on the launch site at Cape Canaveral. 

The whole idea of hating on China because they whoop our ass in the economy game is lame.  Its like Yankee fans booing Mike Trout because hes hitting dingers over there.

We brought in 2 mask making machines from China this week.  They are from a shitty open source design propped up by the govt which tons were made over there.   It cost us 80k per machine.  We already have engineered a better product at a lower cost per machine with American parts and hope to have ours done next week.  Its damn near June already and I can barely find any competitors.  The cost per mask using US materials is lower than the import cost.   Is it really the Chinese fault when we allow them, and more so the multi-nationals to do this to us?

Itd be nice if even a fraction of the China haters took their blinders off and looked in the mirror.  This political forum is probably a bad habit but its kind of fun.

2 minutes ago, notherhalo said:

The whole idea of hating on China because they whoop our ass in the economy game is lame.  Its like Yankee fans booing Mike Trout because hes hitting dingers over there.

We brought in 2 mask making machines from China this week.  They are from a shitty open source design propped up by the govt which tons were made over there.   It cost us 80k per machine.  We already have engineered a better product at a lower cost per machine with American parts and hope to have ours done next week.  Its damn near June already and I can barely find any competitors.  The cost per mask using US materials is lower than the import cost.   Is it really the Chinese fault when we allow them, and more so the multi-nationals to do this to us?

Itd be nice if even a fraction of the China haters took their blinders off and looked in the mirror.  This political forum is probably a bad habit but its kind of fun.

This place sucks dick but I keep coming back for more.

Not sure what that means, tho.

24 minutes ago, notherhalo said:

I'm not sure what point you are trying to make. The 'hating' on China in here has little to do with economics, and far more to do with their complete disregard for western ideals combined with their aspiration to be global influencers. 

Yeah my issues with China have nothing to do with their economic gains at our expense because as a country we've allowed that to happen through years of poor or flat out bad choices a lot of which came from our politicians and because we love cheap products.  My issues with China are how they handled the COVID outbreak, their treatment of certain groups in China, their theft of IP from US companies, many of their moves to expand their power and the fact that they don't play by the same rules especially with the type of control their government has.  I don't blame them for how bad things got in the US with COVID I just think as fellow human beings they owed it to the rest of the world to let the cat out of the bag instead of downplaying it while they stocked up on supplies for their own people.  If some of the rest of the world (not saying US specifically because Trump probably still would have downplayed it initially) got a jump start on it then we might be a few months closer to a vaccine or being in a better place as far as fighting it.  Some of their responses must come from the same playbook as Trump because they just dgaf.  Unless they're held accountable, we decide to stop buying so much made in China stuff and/or bring some manufacturing back here there won't be any repercussions while they continue to gain at the expense of everyone else.