• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

CHINA

It will be interesting to see if the world gets behind a "f*ck" china movement. 

ALF mentioned the Chinese land grab by building islands (wtf?). The long term of that is going to be bad anyway, and Im not sure from a commerce perspective people are going to be cool with it.

But I think Russia becomes key.in past decades, China and Russia were rivals. Both wanting to be the king of the communist world. But in the recent past, relations between the two have become closer and closer. The two becoming actual allies is bad news. 

So it will be interesting if either A. Russia is hit hard by covid, and finds out china was lying about it. Or B., China knows more about it than is letting on, hasnt let anyone know they have a better treatment, and has shared that with russia, which is why both countries are reporting lower infection rates.

But one way or another, russia and china getting closer is bad news.

17 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

We won't. The US makes way too much money from China to really rock the boat. We saw this during the whole Hong Kong riots situation. The NBA, and Disney/Buena Vista noped the fuck away from choosing sides in that situation.

2 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

ALF mentioned the Chinese land grab by building islands (wtf?). The long term of that is going to be bad anyway, and Im not sure from a commerce perspective people are going to be cool with it.

But I think Russia becomes key.in past decades, China and Russia were rivals. Both wanting to be the king of the communist world. But in the recent past, relations between the two have become closer and closer. The two becoming actual allies is bad news. 

So it will be interesting if either A. Russia is hit hard by covid, and finds out china was lying about it. Or B., China knows more about it than is letting on, hasnt let anyone know they have a better treatment, and has shared that with russia, which is why both countries are reporting lower infection rates.

But one way or another, russia and china getting closer is bad news.

As usual I was years ahead in my dislike and distrust of these fucks

16 hours ago, notherhalo said:

"In China’s western Xinjiang province, Uighur women are marrying Han men, but not because they want to. If they refuse, the women and their families could be arrested or sent to an internment camp."

WTH is wrong with the Chinese?!?

4 minutes ago, Tank said:

"In China’s western Xinjiang province, Uighur women are marrying Han men, but not because they want to. If they refuse, the women and their families could be arrested or sent to an internment camp."

DiFfErEnT cUlTuReS

18 hours ago, st1ckboy said:

We won't. The US makes way too much money from China to really rock the boat. We saw this during the whole Hong Kong riots situation. The NBA, and Disney/Buena Vista noped the fuck away from choosing sides in that situation.

US corporations yes, but I have a hard time believing that the typical 'middle american' blue collar worker has truly benefited from the relationship. The majority of those blue collar jobs are not middle class anymore and cheap workers in China are a major part of that. New found Chinese wealth represents the wealth drain from the middle class of formerly industrial western nations.

So I am not surprised when the NBA, Disney or CNN or Bloomberg turn a blind eye to China because they are the ones profiting off of the relationship, not us. 

42 minutes ago, Tank said:

I mean, they’ve been working extremely hard to destroy Uighur culture.  Par for the course. 

19 hours ago, st1ckboy said:

I hate to say it, but this is true.

@Tank mentioned this hope in another thread, and ALF is doing it in this one.

But the reality is this. We cant get people to stay home for a few weeks. We have people calling mask regulations tyranny.

..... getting the same masses to agree to pay more for everything at Target isnt going to fly....

1 minute ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

But the reality is this. We cant get people to stay home for a few weeks. We have people calling mask regulations tyranny.

..... getting the same masses to agree to pay more for everything at Target isnt going to fly....

There's a reason why Walmart is the largest employer in the US. 

3 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Well it will have to start with people putting pressure on corporations and the government. If it becomes politically incorrect to manufacture your products in china, or if 'Made In China' becomes a scarlet letter then you will start to see corporations react. Only after that happens will people see prices rise. So the downside of this is something that happens on the backend, and if I know one thing about the American people and our government it's that we don't give a shit about consequences.

3 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Funny enough, there was a story yesterday about the chinese f*cking with african migrant workers in china, and a mcdonalds there refusing service to blacks.

Yes that is what brought this to my attention. I had no idea they hated blacks. Makes the NBA look pretty bad kissing up to them.

1 minute ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Well it will have to start with people putting pressure on corporations and the government. If it becomes politically incorrect to manufacture your products in china, or if 'Made In China' becomes a scarlet letter then you will start to see corporations react. Only after that happens will people see prices rise. So the downside of this is something that happens on the backend, and if I know one thing about the American people and our government it's that we don't give a shit about consequences.

It won't though. It didn't happen with Nike, and it didn't happen with Apple, and their suicide nets.