• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

CHINA

21 minutes ago, st1ckboy said:

It won't though. It didn't happen with Nike, and it didn't happen with Apple, and their suicide nets.

I mean I completely agreed with this back in January. Now I'm not so sure, we still have to see how this pandemic shakes out. If it triggers the next depression you are going to be wrong.

4 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

I mean I completely agreed with this back in January. Now I'm not so sure, we still have to see how this pandemic shakes out. If it triggers the next depression you are going to be wrong.

If it triggers the next great depression, people are going to want cheap shit more than ever. I appreciate your optimism man, but those manufacturing jobs are never coming back to the US. Even if they did, they wouldn't provide enough wage for people to survive on like they used to.

5 minutes ago, st1ckboy said:

If it triggers the next great depression, people are going to want cheap shit more than ever. I appreciate your optimism man, but those manufacturing jobs are never coming back to the US. Even if they did, they wouldn't provide enough wage for people to survive on like they used to.

I am not at all optimistic. I think there are going to be strong forces pulling in both directions and something is going to have to give. 

8 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

I am not at all optimistic. I think there are going to be strong forces pulling in both directions and something is going to have to give. 

It won't give in favor of blue collar workers. That I can assure you.

41 minutes ago, Vladdylonglegs said:

If manufacturing in China becomes politically incorrect corporations will just move their operations to child labor camps in Vietnam and everyone will be happy again. 

Or Brazil

6 hours ago, tdawg87 said:

DiFfErEnT cUlTuReS

my issue is how bejing has seemingly zero tolerance for minorities. look what they're doing to muslims and christians. add in the uighars and it's a systematic culture of state-sponsored genocide.

there is no compassion in bejing. there is no tolerance. there is no humanity.

7 minutes ago, Tank said:

my issue is how bejing has seemingly zero tolerance for minorities. look what they're doing to muslims and christians. add in the uighars and it's a systematic culture of state-sponsored genocide.

there is no compassion in bejing. there is no tolerance. there is no humanity.

There's too much humanity. They know they can't manage a billion and a half individuals, especially individuals who will inevitably use their religious texts to justify defiance of party authority. India and the VJP are allowing the same thing to be done to non-Hindus. Then you look at places like Saudi or Pakistan. They use the religion to control the population. Anything to keep the masses from thinking for themselves

https://apple.news/Avllh83fTRbKTH2sgb1RkQg

BBC News: 

Coronavirus: China outbreak city Wuhan raises death toll by 50%

The Chinese city of Wuhan, where the coronavirus originated last year, has raised its official Covid-19 death toll by 50%, adding 1,290 fatalities.

Wuhan officials attributed the new figure to updated reporting and deaths outside hospitals. China has insisted there was no cover-up.

It has been accused of downplaying the severity of its virus outbreak.

Wuhan's 11 million residents spent months in strict lockdown conditions, which have only recently been eased.

The latest official figures bring the death toll in the city in China's central Hubei province to 3,869, increasing the national total to more than 4,600.

China has confirmed nearly 84,000 coronavirus infections, the seventh-highest globally, according to Johns Hopkins University data.

No cover up! We are just counting more people!!

https://apple.news/A9T1kB_44T4iDmtQ5HHw68A

Europe Is Taking a Harder Look at China After Virus Suspicions

European governments struggling with the fallout from the Covid-19 pandemic are hardening their positions toward China as suspicions grow over the level of transparency in the coronavirus’s country of origin.

French President Emmanuel Macron accused Beijing of not being upfront over its handling of the epidemic, while in the U.K., Prime Minister Boris Johnson’s plans to involve Chinese tech giant Huawei Technologies Co. in the nation’s next-generation mobile network may fall prey to mounting opposition.

The European Union’s position on China has been relatively measured, but leaders are beginning to call for a more thorough examination of its activities amid accusations Beijing has covered up the true scale of the epidemic. American intelligence officials are said to have concluded that China concealed the extent of its outbreak and under-reported the number of cases and deaths.

EU countries are already on alert for Chinese companies that may be seeking to exploit low valuations to take over European firms. Bankers have recently seen a spike in requests from Chinese firms and funds for proposals on targets in Europe.

6 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

EU countries are already on alert for Chinese companies that may be seeking to exploit low valuations to take over European firms. Bankers have recently seen a spike in requests from Chinese firms and funds for proposals on targets in Europe.

The new battlefield.

13 hours ago, Vladdylonglegs said:

If manufacturing in China becomes politically incorrect corporations will just move their operations to child labor camps in Vietnam and everyone will be happy again. 

Sad, but true.

There are plenty more poor countries to exploit. To be fair, it still may be better for the globe if that happens, though.

37 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

https://apple.news/A9T1kB_44T4iDmtQ5HHw68A

Europe Is Taking a Harder Look at China After Virus Suspicions

Girl Im hanging out with is half chinese. Shes been pretyy adamant from the beginning China did this on purpose. (Conspiracy alert, vladdy). Her take is "the communists have no problem killing off their own people to make gains, they would do this if it hurt the rest of the world worse."

I think thats far fetched, but who the hell knows anymore.

22 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Girl Im hanging out with is half chinese. Shes been pretyy adamant from the beginning China did this on purpose. (Conspiracy alert, vladdy). Her take is "the communists have no problem killing off their own people to make gains, they would do this if it hurt the rest of the world worse."

Goddamn you half-Chinese girls
Do it to me every time

58 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

i'm at the age where i don't doubt this for a minute.