• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Coronavirus Impact

kevinb

aka Corona Virus or Covid-19is affecting all sorts of events around the globe. What kind of affect if any do you think it will have on the MLB schedule? Will games be cancelled? Will games be blocked out from the general population attending? I know SXSW just got cancelled, the NBA are having meetings about what should take place next in terms of attendance, Coachella and Stagecoach might either get cancelled or postponed. What are we thinking will happen with MLB games? Are you yourself concerned about attending games to start this season? What will it do to attendance this year in MLB as a whole?

16 minutes ago, Bronson said:

I don’t see them postponing games. Worst comes the worst they just play games without people in attendance.

Should be normal for the Marlins but for everyone else it will be pretty weird.

Ya I definitely see a scenario where games are played without fans attendance. But if that’s the case I definitely could see MLB looking out for the owners and players etc and just delaying the start to the season or postponing games. It’s a weird time right now. 

Just now, Kevinb said:

Ya I definitely see a scenario where games are played without fans attendance. But if that’s the case I definitely could see MLB looking out for the owners and players etc and just delaying the start to the season or postponing games. It’s a weird time right now. 

Yep...at least a possibility.   We'll see how it goes.   

9 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

Well you can kiss Coachella and Stagecoach goodbye then.

There seems to be a lot of pressure to do something about both of those. If that does happen it’ll put a huge huge hurting to that area and the businesses surrounding it. It’s definitely a scary thought. The more things start to get cancelled the more events we feel pressure to cancel them. If the virus doesn’t get a vaccine soon MLB will feel a lot of pressure to close the gates to the stadiums. Putting a lot of employees temporarily out of work. Should and will have a trickle down effect. 

3 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

Indian Wells is the second largest tennis tournament in the United States, after the US Open. That is quite significant.

Who knows, maybe they'll play the games but not have attendance. That would be an interesting watching experience.

It’s intriguing as hell. And all for this random “flu” type virus that has infected just over 100k people. This is more a political statement than baseball but it’s a wonder if this is all media hysteria driven or actually something people should be freaking out about. I don’t fucking know anymore. 

Just now, Kevinb said:

It’s intriguing as hell. And all for this random “flu” type virus that has infected just over 100k people. This is more a political statement than baseball but it’s a wonder if this is all media hysteria driven or actually something people should be freaking out about. I don’t fucking know anymore. 

It is hard to hear the signal for the noise. Mass hysteria is a huge factor, but the virus is concerning for older folks, especially over 80, or people with compromised immune system.

Even if the mortality rate averages out to be "only" 1%, that's 3.5 million Americans, and 80 million humans. I'm not too worried about myself, my girlfriend, or my kids, but I am a bit worried about my 78-year old father.

Just now, Angelsjunky said:

It is hard to hear the signal for the noise. Mass hysteria is a huge factor, but the virus is concerning for older folks, especially over 80, or people with compromised immune system.

Even if the mortality rate averages out to be "only" 1%, that's 3.5 million Americans, and 80 million humans. I'm not too worried about myself, my girlfriend, or my kids, but I am a bit worried about my 78-year old father.

Agree my dad's just 72 but still that's a scary thought. Very weird times we live in at the moment.