• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Coronavirus Impact

kevinb

7 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

I think he is mocking the narrative that referring to it by that name is racist...    That's been the newest SJW cause or so it seems.   

I see I didn't know that a name of a virus could be considered racist. Especially it being a city name. But ya that makes more sense. 

46 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

I wonder if season ticket holders will get refunds if they can't attend the games?

I’ll let you know Lhalo, but aren’t you a season ticket holder also?

So far, I’ve received nothing from the Angels organization regarding the Coronavirus or the like.  The only shit I receive from them is luxury box upgrades and future Pujols, Trout and Ohtani give away’s.

Honestly, I’m not worried at all.  As another poster pointed out earlier, the virus has several make ups, and I’m fairly certain many of us have already been exposed to a strain of it already and your healthy immune system took care of it.  

To put this into perspective, more people have died from snake bites in the world than the Coronavirus so far this year.  I like my odds.

1 hour ago, Inside Pitch said:

I think he is mocking the narrative that referring to it by that name is racist...    That's been the newest SJW cause or so it seems.   

Yes, I hear that, rather than working on a vaccine for COVID-19, we're going to spend our time renaming diseases like the Spanish flu, Ebola, Rift Valley fever, Lassa Fever, Lyme Disease,  Marburg, Ebola Reston, West Nile, and Rocky Mountain Spotted fever to more socially conscious and inoffensive names, because naming them after where they were discovered is extremely offense.   (oops - also, "offensive")  

PETA also wants swine flu renamed b/c it's specieist.    

No word yet on what they plan to do about the Black Death.  

3 minutes ago, DCAngelsFan said:

Yes, I hear that, rather than working on a vaccine for COVID-19, we're going to spend our time renaming diseases like the Spanish flu, Ebola, Rift Valley fever, Lassa Fever, Lyme Disease,  Marburg, Ebola Reston, West Nile, and Rocky Mountain Spotted fever to more socially conscious and inoffensive names, because naming them after where they were discovered is extremely offense.  

PETA also wants swine flu renamed b/c it's specieist.    

No word yet on what they plan to do about the Black Death.  

Everybody is still kosher with Montezumas revenge, though. 

8 hours ago, Bronson said:

I don’t see them postponing games. Worst comes the worst they just play games without people in attendance.

Should be normal for the Marlins but for everyone else it will be pretty weird.

Does playing the game without fans and the revenue that goes with it make any business sense?

Edited by stormngt

20 minutes ago, stormngt said:

Does playing the game without fans and the revenue that goes with it make any business sense?

Obviously not. But this is something "new" so it's not really about business sense. Austin didn't really wanna cancel a two week festival in SXSW. Coachella Valley doesn't really want to cancel a 3 weekend money maker in Coachella and Stagecoach. But this stuff is getting weird. 

18 hours ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

One disservice that has been done is to refer to it as coronavirus. Coronavirus is not one thing. There are several varieties of coronaviruses, and I can pretty much guarantee you that everyone on this board has had one at one time or another. One variety causes colds.

What i really dont understand is why they refer to it as Corona virus, when corona literally translates to crown (referring to the head) yet its a virus that attacks the lungs.

17 hours ago, Kevinb said:

I see I didn't know that a name of a virus could be considered racist. Especially it being a city name. But ya that makes more sense. 

This is the second most frustrating part of this thing, how its being politicized.
The most would be how its sensationalized and were not getting real facts but extremist hot takes.
Better to be safe than sorry but predicting the zombie apocalypse seems, premature. 

2 minutes ago, floplag said:

This is the second most frustrating part of this thing, how its being politicized.
The most would be how its sensationalized and were not getting real facts but extremist hot takes.
Better to be safe than sorry but predicting the zombie apocalypse seems, premature. 

If this was 5 years ago I don't think this outrage stuff happens. But Twitter and all the "journalists" who like to cause wide spread panic at the drop of a hat about the most random shit I think has something to do with it. This is mostly in China there have been cases through out the world but it is still 90-95% or more in China. The market shitting itself yesterday is still mind boggling to me. But who the heck knows this is all random "new" territory. 

31 minutes ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

What i really dont understand is why they refer to it as Corona virus, when corona literally translates to crown (referring to the head) yet its a virus that attacks the lungs.

see the spikes on this virus? those are called crowns. thus the name.

Image result for what does the corona virus look like

11 hours ago, stormngt said:

no, but a lot of that is already spent money (players, facilities, etc.).

those who will suffer the most from not having fans at the game will be the ancillary workers like ushers, ticket takers, concessions people, food service personnel, etc. No one for them to serve, so they get sent home without pay.

2 minutes ago, yk9001 said:

Curious what will happen with March Madness as well. NFL draft is going to be in Vegas this year and I was planning on going, probably still am but that should be another huge event that may get downsized etc.. Should be an interesting couple of weeks. 

2 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

Curious what will happen with March Madness as well. NFL draft is going to be in Vegas this year and I was planning on going, probably still am but that should be another huge event that may get downsized etc.. Should be an interesting couple of weeks. 

The National Collegiate Athletic Association's Mach Madness tournaments are still scheduled to kick off next week as planned.

NCAA President Mark Emmert says that neither the organization’s appointed coronavirus advisory panel nor the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention “have advised against holding sporting events.” 

Here's Emmert’s full statement:

“NCAA member schools and conferences make their own decisions regarding regular season and conference tournament play. As we have stated, we will make decisions on our events based on the best, most current public health guidance available. Neither the NCAA COVID-19 advisory panel, made up of leading public health and infectious disease experts in America, nor the CDC or local health officials have advised against holding sporting events. In the event circumstances change, we will make decisions accordingly.”

The first games for the NCAA Men’s Basketball Tournament are next Tuesday in Dayton, Ohio.

Earlier today, the Ivy League announced its weekend tournaments are canceled. As a result, the league’s regular-season champions – Princeton’s women’s team and Yale’s men’s team – are automatic qualifiers to the NCAA tournaments.