• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Griffin Canning getting an MRI on his elbow

Chuck

17 minutes ago, RBM said:

Your Dad was drafted ahead of Bobby Grich. That's awesome.

He pitched to Bob Boone in the minors coming up.  Years later, when Boone was on the Angels, I got to meet Grich, DeCinces, Downing, Witt, etc.  The only one that was not interested at all was Reggie...he was a grumpy bitch.  

Edited by mulwin444

8 minutes ago, rafibomb said:

https://twitter.com/alden_gonzalez/status/1233259786222755840?s=21

It sounds like Griffin Canning's MRI results were basically inconclusive. The plan, a source said, is for Canning to undergo treatment, throw again soon after and see how his elbow responds, at which point the Angels will determine the next step.

Saying the MRI results were inconclusive is like when the military says "we can neither confirm nor deny."  If they could deny they would.

The next domino to fall is when he throws after treatment and they shut him down after a few pitches.

Honest question, when Canning was shut down last August for the season with elbow inflammation, wouldn't the team have evaluated it then throughout the offseason?  Maybe the issue worsened as Canning worked out over the last 3 months and it became a significant issue this week.  Maybe the two are unrelated but it doesn't seem the case.  Same thing happened with the Yankee's Paxton where they tried painkillers for 3 months before opting for back surgery.  I'm not sure how involved the team is with players between seasons, anyone have insight?

I have been anticipating this quite frankly since last summer.   Being shut down for "elbow inflammation" means only one thing in the angels organization. Hell, apart of me wanted him to get his TJ over and done with last year.  It's vital to get another pitcher now.  The season is not over by any means, but we are gonna have to do something.  Let's just hope Matt Andriese and Felix Pena (and I like both pitchers BTW) better have great starts.