• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Griffin Canning getting an MRI on his elbow

Chuck

Just now, Stradling said:

I wanted the Stripling trade to go through but he missed five weeks last year and four weeks in 2018.  So while he would have been nice to add as a piece he is not an example of health.  

None of the Angels arms are either. Just adding quality(for however many innings he provides) was worth it considering the alternatives here. Give me 100 innings of Stripling's production over whatever the Angels are stuck with right now if Canning is out for any extended time.

As they say in politics "never let a crisis go to waste." 

Next man up. 

Opportunity for someone to fill this vacancy and emerge as a positive  surprise.

These things happen all the time. One man's injury is someone else's big chance.

Wally Pipp/Lou Gehrig.

Back in Angel land it's still early spring training. Time for internal competition or trades. Not going to speculate on who will emerge because it could be anyone.

15 minutes ago, Vladdylonglegs said:

Do you have a split personality by chance?

No. There's no bad luck. It is an entirely new staff. The Angels are probably just being extra cautious. I don't think this is time to panic. All teams have injuries. Yankees just had a couple. I think the Angels got this, each player is unique and is an entirely new case. Wait till the results to come back then people can freak out or be relaxed. Eppler built a deep rotation, got some guys who can pitch a lot of innings. If Canning is down for a long time, then it's the next man up. In Eppler we trust.