• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19

• Replies 30.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lhalo

• Jason

• St1ck

• tdawg87

6 hours ago, arch stanton said:

This is my first off day since most things shut down and I can't cross the bridge. I cleaned my car, sharpened all the knives, clipped my hair and all my nails, went to the gym, cooked a killer brunch for one and now it's 12:30. What the fuck am I supposed to do for the next 36 hours?

I dunno. Stop making the rest of us look bad?

I've been working from home for a month now since we were hit first up here. 

My boss said I can go into the office to grab both of my monitors and wireless keyboard and headset if I want to. I may drive into Seattle this weekend to do just that. 

I'm guessing I'll be WFH for the next 2-3 months, if not longer. Crazy times! 

2 minutes ago, calscuf said:

You act like you have a choice.

Eventually this will end. At my company they were already having people starting to work from home because we were running out of parking spaces. Once this ends, so people will go back, but I'll stay at home. 

2 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

Check this out. Is the WHO corrupt and covering up for China? 

https://www.ft.com/content/2a70a02a-644a-11ea-a6cd-df28cc3c6a68

My wife is Taiwanese and has many family members & friends still living in her native country. Last night she received a call from one of her old friends living in Taipei. She said everything is good in the hood over there and they're all tripping over Americans acting like this is the apocalypse. 

Of course the Taiwanese has dealt with this before and took precautions well before us, despite what the WHO told them. Which is why they're fine, despite being super close geographicaly to China.

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/what-taiwan-can-teach-world-fighting-coronavirus-n1153826

1 hour ago, Vladdylonglegs said:

One of my coworkers is from Taiwan and said the same exact thing. Maybe this is all media hype. 

It's NOT all media hype.

Y'all need to think about this and analyze the numbers.

@Chuckster70, first of all: takeaways of what you're posting are contradictory. Taiwan expressed concern re: human to human transmission to the WHO that went unheeded AND also it's no big deal?

It's no big deal there precisely BECAUSE Taiwan did handle this differently. That doesn't mean it's not a big deal here and elsewhere.

Also, for the 1,657,270,931st time, it absolutely blows my mind that all the statistical analysis that we apply in the main forum to a game goes out the window when politics are involved in this forum.

THIS IS A REALLY, REALLY BIG DEAL.

8 minutes ago, RallyMo said:

It's NOT all media hype.

@Chuckster70, first of all: takeaways of what you're posting are contradictory. Taiwan expressed concern re: human to human transmission to the WHO that went unheeded AND also it's no big deal?

It's no big deal there precisely BECAUSE Taiwan did handle this differently. That doesn't mean it's not a big deal here and elsewhere.

Also, for the 1,657,270,931st time, it absolutely blows my mind that all the statistical analysis that we apply in the main forum to a game goes out the window when politics are involved in this forum.

Let me rephrase Rally. It's not a big deal NOW because they HAVE dealt with it correctly. 

People in Taiwan have started to get back to work and going back to the movies, etc.  

It's the WHO that I'm really calling out here. 

Taiwan had some people in the Wu Han region and saw folks who were dying of this virus so they alerted the people of their own country early on that this virus can be spread from human to human. 

1 minute ago, Chuckster70 said:

Let me rephrase Rally. It's not a big deal NOW because they HAVE dealt with it correctly. 

People in Taiwan have started to get back to work and going back to the movies, etc.  

It's the WHO that I'm really calling out here. 

What did they do? I bet they didn't wash their damn hands.

who.jpg

25 minutes ago, RallyMo said:

It's NOT all media hype.

I keep telling people who think its overblown that EVERY modern govt and country is following suit. And in doing so is willingly wrecking their own economy.

This isnt a hoax.

2 minutes ago, Vladdylonglegs said:

It's interesting you mention statistics when there is absolutely no statistical data to go by in this pandemic. There is no reliable data anywhere. I agree this could all be a REALLY, REALLY BIG DEAL but it may not be. Nobody knows what we're dealing with since this has only been in the US a few weeks and nobody is getting tested. The new great depression we will be dealing with for the next several years may have been unnecessarily caused and that is a huge tragedy. 

I'm sure the government is shutting down the economy just for the lulz.

9 min ago

Italy announces 627 coronavirus deaths in 24 hours 

From CNN's Mia Alberti in Lisbon and Nicola Ruotolo in Rome

The number of coronavirus cases in Italy has reached 7,021, the Italian Civil Protection Agency said Friday. 

There have been 627 coronavirus-related deaths in 24 hours.

So far, 4,032 people in Italy have died from the disease.

2 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

Check this out. Is the WHO corrupt and covering up for China? y wife is Taiwanese and has many family members & friends still living in her native country. Last night she received a call from one of her old friends living in Taipei. She said everything is good in the hood over there and they're all tripping over Americans acting like this is the apocalypse. 

Of course the Taiwanese has dealt with this before and took precautions well before us, despite what the WHO told them. Which is why they're fine, despite being super close geographicaly to China.

There's plenty of blame to go around.  Wuhan officials held back information from Beijing, China held back information from the WHO.  The WHO waited too long declare an international emergency, the US and Europe waited far too long to act, and half-assed at that.  Lucky for Taiwan, they have been through this before with SARS and jumped on it ASAP.  Wuhan wasn't even shut down until late January, but Taiwan was screening airline passengers Dec 31, the same day the Chinese CDC was notified of a possible new virus.  The Taiwanese government is actually functional and acted decisively and saved their population the pains we are facing.  Downplaying the severity of the virus is misguided.

1 hour ago, RallyMo said:

There are the DocHalo crowd and then the TrollDaddy's of Angelswin Coronavirus discussion. I'm hoping that were not talking about toolsy Nurse Practictioners in the near future. 

49 minutes ago, Vladdylonglegs said:

It's interesting you mention statistics when there is absolutely no statistical data to go by in this pandemic. There is no reliable data anywhere. I agree this could all be a REALLY, REALLY BIG DEAL but it may not be. Nobody knows what we're dealing with since this has only been in the US a few weeks and nobody is getting tested. The new great depression we will be dealing with for the next several years may have been unnecessarily caused and that is a huge tragedy. 

https://www.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6

It should be noted....took 3 months to get to 100,000 cases...took 12 days to log the next 100,000

Some of that is most likely associated with more testing being done