• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19

• Replies 30.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lhalo

• Jason

• St1ck

• tdawg87

1 hour ago, calscuf said:

@red321, looks like @Brandon is on top of shit here.  

I’ll be honest Red, there are rampant rumors that you just want everyone to stay inside through summer because you have to because of sunburns.  And you’re taking us all down with you.  Can you comment?

I just lean towards science and have been going that route. If you listen to the news or get your info from Twitter or Facebook, you're just a complete moron....some dumb shit was spreading some shit that people with type O blood types are immune to this while no doctor or scientists has proven this. It's just really irresponsible, but it's also the same dumb shits that are raiding stores or fighting/robbing people in these stores and parking lots.

Both sets of videos are informative with solid sources. Dr. Drew seems to be more on the optimism side, while Mr.Osterholm starts with a more severity tone before easing into "we will be fine". And there is a lot of similarities from both, as well. I'd go for Drew if you wanted something easy to digest and Osterholm if you want to get into the nitty gritty of the science. One thing to note is that everyone in science is tracking numbers as a source of data (since there really is none) and one thing to note is Osterholm did his interview on the 10th and Drew did his about a day ago and a lot of info has come out since those 9 days, especially from China where they have been examining and working on correctional methods for a bit longer than us here.

I don't mind opinions, but like the social media world, people are talking matter of factly like they are on the front lines working on containment or cures and it's just highly irresponsible and adding to the panic that the clickbait news is drilling down our throats. 

Edited by Brandon

2 hours ago, Taylor said:

Who did they poll? Anyone who approves of the way Trump has been handling this hasn't been paying attention.

I think they were slow to start making necessary moves but are doing so now. It’s also obvious that the US and it’s health care system were not adequately prepared for this event. Not all of that is in him. 

8 hours ago, Brandon said:

It is just you. If you listen he clearly states multiple times to follow the head of the CDC. I also believe him to me more educated and informed than you and everyone else here. I also posted this below from an expert in infectious disease epidemiology who is also the director for the Center of Infectious Disease Research and Policy....but that's just me.

Maybe you should actually listen instead of making poor assumptions. But you'll continue to just read the headlines and find these videos too long for you to listen and pay attention to.

I did watch the Osterhim video a week or two ago when it first came out. He says nothing like the love line host who attempts to downplay the seriousness of it. I especially enjoyed how he pointed out tonRogan that drinking water having being exposed or gargling water were stupid asinine rumors. 

You can also read articles that have been posted by infectious disease experts in this forum to be better informed.  

7 hours ago, calscuf said:

@red321, looks like @Brandon is on top of shit here.  

I’ll be honest Red, there are rampant rumors that you just want everyone to stay inside through summer because you have to because of sunburns.  And you’re taking us all down with you.  Can you comment?

Well, I did just get a call from my doctor yesterday that I have skin cancer....so yeah...fuck the sun (nothing serious...a small spot that is slow growing and they stressed they probably removed most it not all during the biopsy and we don’t have to rush to treat)

6 hours ago, Brandon said:

Drew did his about a day ago and a lot of info has come out since those 9 days, especially from China where they have been examining and working on correctional methods for a bit longer than us here.

I’m sorry but the numbers being released from China might as well be coming from the fucking tooth fairy. 

1 hour ago, red321 said:

Chuck voted multiple times

I've actually never have taken part in any political poll.

I still makes me laugh that when Trump back in January stopped flights coming in from China, the Fake News networks called him racist.

But oh no, Trump didn't act fast enough! 

15 minutes ago, the dude abides said:

So, is ABC now excluded from “fake news” because of this poll?

To be honest, I've never really tuned into ABC News. I've only seen CNN and MSNBC as fully biased against the POTUS. 

1 hour ago, Jason said:

MSN using the power of journalism to uncover breaking news that overdosing on medication can be bad. Imagine the lives that can be saved now that we know the truth about overdosing 

I feel like this is important information, but boy oh boy is it framed in a terrible manner.