• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19

14 minutes ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

Maybe you should organize another protest/march about it. I'm sure that will be productive.

Ah fuck...does this thread being in the political forum mean this Bernie supporters is going to join in?

• Replies 30.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lhalo

• Jason

• St1ck

• tdawg87

1 minute ago, red321 said:

Again, this isn't true.

Have China and South Korea used it? Yes. Have they proclaimed it the solution? No. It certainly looks like it has the potential to have promise in conjunction with other drugs.

For the FDA, or any other health agency, to approve it, it does need to be studied and have clinical trials. You can't just try it on a few dozen people and declare it a success. These test should be accelerated absolutely (and they are...and not just in the US), and if a doctor working with a patient feels that it would be helpful, by all means, prescribe it off label. There is nothing stopping doctors from prescribing it right now.

But it is simply wrong to say the FDA has tested it and is upholding approval...or that it has been proven to be an effective treatment.

This is spot on.

6 minutes ago, red321 said:

Again, this isn't true.

Have China and South Korea used it? Yes. Have they proclaimed it the solution? No. It certainly looks like it has the potential to have promise in conjunction with other drugs.

For the FDA, or any other health agency, to approve it, it does need to be studied and have clinical trials. You can't just try it on a few dozen people and declare it a success. These test should be accelerated absolutely (and they are...and not just in the US), and if a doctor working with a patient feels that it would be helpful, by all means, prescribe it off label. There is nothing stopping doctors from prescribing it right now.

But it is simply wrong to say the FDA has tested it and is upholding approval...or that it has been proven to be an effective treatment.

Antimalarial Drug Chloroquine Shows Promise in Treating COVID-19 Coronavirus in China, South Korea

The white paper was presented by Dr. James M. Todaro and Gregory J. Rigano, in consultation with Stanford University School of Medicine, UAB School of Medicine and National Academy of Sciences researchers. It is available to read here.

Recent guidelines from South Korea and China report that chloroquine is an effective antiviral therapeutic treatment against Coronavirus Disease 2019. Use of chloroquine (tablets) is showing favorable outcomes in humans infected with Coronavirus including faster time to recovery and shorter hospital stay. US CDC research shows that chloroquine also has strong potential as a prophylactic (preventative) measure against coronavirus in the lab, while we wait for a vaccine to be developed. Chloroquine is an inexpensive, globally available drug that has been in widespread human use since 1945 against malaria, autoimmune and various other conditions.

And I never said the FDA tested it.  I said they haven't given the green light to use it.  

8 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Antimalarial Drug Chloroquine Shows Promise in Treating COVID-19 Coronavirus in China, South Korea

And I never said the FDA tested it.  I said they haven't given the green light to use it.  

You are still not on the right side of this argument. There is no restriction to use Chloroquine on patients by doctors in regards of Covid-19, they are just not listing it as conclusive as either a cure or clinicaly proven to create positive results. 

1 minute ago, Jason said:

Love seeing private business step up and help. Maybe we are better off as a country after all this. One can hope this can bring out the best in everybody 

We'll be better for a few weeks then the pussies will become whiny bitches again and we'll be 1014 freedoms lighter on the liberty scale. Oh and our taxes will be going up

15 minutes ago, the dude abides said:

"The lib" must be contagious.  Blarg appears to have caught it.

And to think, I wash my hands after using the bathroom every time. I guess I should have used the paper towel on the doorknob when leaving.

6 minutes ago, Jason said:

Love seeing private business step up and help. Maybe we are better off as a country after all this. One can hope this can bring out the best in everybody 

I'd rather they donate the beer and liquor.  I have plenty of soap and hand sanitizer.