• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19

• Replies 30.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Amazing Larry

• Jason

• St1ck

• tdawg87

Just now, yk9001 said:

The guy who shines shoes who comes to our office building twice a week

The flower plant guy who comes to our office once a week

The farmer's market on thursday

the deli on the third floor of our building

All those people don't have big employers to give them weeks of paychecks.

I feel terrible.

We went to a local deli last night.  We will continue to.   Please think about local business.

yep

We sent payments to our cleaning lady and women who cuts our hair yesterday, I'll send a payment to lady who trims my beard next week when I normally would have went in. I talked to the guy I take guitar lessons from, we are switching to online lessons which I don't really care for but is better than the alternatives.

My father in law's martial arts studio is taking a huge hit, I'm working through the best way to get him setup online, setting up a Patreon site for him over the next few days.

At this point they need to remove the President from the daily press briefings, there is simply nothing coming out of his giant pie hole that is truthful or accurate

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2020/03/19/coronavirus-latest-news/#link-S7XBUFWPL5DO3LGQ2MTTUNZUQM

President Trump incorrectly said in a Thursday news briefing that chloroquine, a malaria drug, has been approved by the Food and Drug Administration to fight the novel coronavirus and that there were plans to “make that drug available almost immediately.” But after Trump spoke, FDA Commissioner Stephen Hahn clarified that chloroquine would first need to be tested for use on the virus.

“We want to do that in the setting of a clinical trial, a large pragmatic clinical trial,” Hahn said.

Trump had called the drug a possible “game changer.”

“That’s where the FDA has been so great,” he said. “They’ve gone through the approval process, it’s been approved. They took it down from many, many months to immediate, so we’re going to be able to make that drug available by prescription.”

But Hahn emphasized the importance of testing and safety.

“We need to make sure that with these new treatments, we’ll get the right drug to the right patient at the right dosage at the right time,” he said. “As an example, we may have the right drug, but it may not be in the appropriate dosage from right now, and that may do more harm than good.”

https://www.ochealthinfo.com/civicax/filebank/blobdload.aspx?BlobID=114423

The prior release was amended to say that businesses that aren't restaurants/bars can report if necessary as long as they practice social distancing.  As it says this could change at any moment just wanted to pass this along.  Might be a Craig or even a Taylor as this is dated yesterday.

11 minutes ago, red321 said:

At this point they need to remove the President from the daily press briefings, there is simply nothing coming out of his giant pie hole that is truthful or accurate

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2020/03/19/coronavirus-latest-news/#link-S7XBUFWPL5DO3LGQ2MTTUNZUQM

President Trump incorrectly said in a Thursday news briefing that chloroquine, a malaria drug, has been approved by the Food and Drug Administration to fight the novel coronavirus and that there were plans to “make that drug available almost immediately.” But after Trump spoke, FDA Commissioner Stephen Hahn clarified that chloroquine would first need to be tested for use on the virus.

“We want to do that in the setting of a clinical trial, a large pragmatic clinical trial,” Hahn said.

Trump had called the drug a possible “game changer.”

“That’s where the FDA has been so great,” he said. “They’ve gone through the approval process, it’s been approved. They took it down from many, many months to immediate, so we’re going to be able to make that drug available by prescription.”

But Hahn emphasized the importance of testing and safety.

“We need to make sure that with these new treatments, we’ll get the right drug to the right patient at the right dosage at the right time,” he said. “As an example, we may have the right drug, but it may not be in the appropriate dosage from right now, and that may do more harm than good.”

Jesus fucking Christ he's an imbecile.

4 minutes ago, the dude abides said:

Jesus fucking Christ he's an imbecile.

just because

17 minutes ago, red321 said:

And again...

Yesterday the President announced that he had ordered the deployment of both of the US Navy’s Mercy class hospital ships. The USNS Mercy (T-AH-19) would deploy up the west coast to be used for patients from the northern Pacific coast and the other, the USNS Comfort (T-AH-20) would make steam for New York.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/trump-says-hospital-ships-heading-coronavirus-battle-navy-says-they-n1163081

They’re in “tip top shape,” Trump said Wednesday, and will likely be launched “in the next week or so.”...

The USNS Comfort, which Trump said is bound for New York Harbor, is currently undergoing maintenance somewhere on the east coast and there are no medical personnel on board, NBC News has learned.

The other ship, the USNS Mercy, is also being spruced-up and lacks a medical crew. It was not immediately known where the Mercy would be deployed.

And in a statement, the Navy indicated they are ready to “provide possible DSCA support if called upon.” (e.g...those orders haven't been given yet)

“Both ships are currently working to complete scheduled maintenance cycles and identify necessary medical staffing to deploy as soon as possible,” the statement said.

Trump's an idiot to say the least but on the bright side I think all of this is the nail in his coffin as far as getting re-elected.  It's crazy because up until this happened the strength of the economy likely propelled him to victory and myself and others said unless some drastic happens he likely gets re-elected.  "Trump's getting re-elected" Mother Nature - "Hold my beer."

12 hours ago, angelinkc said:

the military still has old m40 masks just collecting  dust at supply depots. wouldnt be a bad idea  to get these to our hospital workers. i have no idea how effective the filter would be but I would hope it was built for things a lot stronger

Was thinking the same.... but even ignoring how old the filters are, you have to change them frequently.

Its an idea at least

25 minutes ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

Trump's an idiot to say the least but on the bright side I think all of this is the nail in his coffin as far as getting re-elected.  It's crazy because up until this happened the strength of the economy likely propelled him to victory and myself and others said unless some drastic happens he likely gets re-elected.  "Trump's getting re-elected" Mother Nature - "Hold my beer."

You are assuming all this will continue into November

34 minutes ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

Looking at it from another angle, if this things gets controlled by the summer and the economy and markets (especially the markets) come roaring back, his approval ratings might skyrocket and he may win 45 states. Don't underestimate the amnesiac potential of the American voter. They can turn on a dime too. Trump is smart to talk about this as a war, that we are on a wartime footing. Not only for political imaging, but to get everyone to work together and pass bipartisan legislation, speed up the drug and vaccine pipeline, and all the other quick action that is needed right now to try and mitigate the damage and knock this thing down as fast as possible. You've got prominent Democrats, some who are Trump haters, now praising his leadership. Ilhan Omar, for pete's sake. That's a first-class hater and she had some good words to say. The virus doesn't belong to a political party and couldn't care less who it infects and kills.

We're all in this together. Even if things don't improve as quickly as the summer, the American people might want to stay with Trump as they did with Roosevelt in WW2. You don't change leaders in the middle of a national wartime effort.

8 minutes ago, Jason said:

You are assuming all this will continue into November

No I'm assuming his ineptitude, lying and constantly trying to change the narrative during all of this will stick with enough moderates and middle of the road voters that he's on the way out.  His inaction and downplaying it initially show he's incapable of leading during a time of crisis.  Working in his favor is that his opponent is seems to be going senile and the democrats really haven't put forth any platform except to get him out.  At this point I just want a competent person calling the shots who will defer to the people around them like the health experts that actually know what they're talking about.  Trump is a failure as a leader and his schtick is keeping his employees on tilt and a revolving door of who works for him. 

Some people Re making too big of a deal over trump saying "wartime president". And i dont say that to defend him, i dont like him.

But this is a war. We'll likely lose more to this than Afghanistan. Maybe Iraq. The economy will have to be geared towards fighting it the same way we had to shift to fight any other war. Consumer goods production retooled to build "weapons" to fight it. And the public will be asked to respond almost like the Britts did in the second war.

Like AQ, its a boogeyman we cant see clearly, and we will have to adjust to kill it. And we will.

It just comes down to whether or not the people respond like pearl harbor and 9/11 or not.