• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19

14 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

We need to be doing whatever South Korea has done to flatten the curve. Italy is off the charts bad. 

Screen Shot 2020-03-19 at 11.40.15 AM.png

You didn't read the articles I posted did you.  3 letters saying why the US regardless of who is president won't even approach South Korea's numbers.  FDA.

For instance, if this Malaria drug, like a few other drugs are effective in combating Coronavirus.  In the US, they would not be able to use those drugs, because they are not FDA approved to fight Cornavirus.  They would need to test, write papers on, suck each others dicks, for a few months to over a year before they approve it safe for the public.  

• Replies 30.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lhalo

• Jason

• St1ck

• tdawg87

2 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

You didn't read the articles I posted did you.  3 letters saying why the US regardless of who is president won't even approach South Korea's numbers.  FDA.

For instance, if this Malaria drug, like a few other drugs are effective in combating Coronavirus.  In the US, they would not be able to use those drugs, because they are not FDA approved to fight Cornavirus.  They would need to test, write papers on, suck each others dicks, for a few months to over a year before they approve it safe for the public.  

You think any of that changes here? With that old claus Trump evoked, do you think we do an executive order and bypass the normal?

1 minute ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

You think any of that changes here? With that old claus Trump evoked, do you think we do an executive order and bypass the normal?

I believe the war powers act is only about manufacture of essential items.  Could be wrong.  The problem with drugs, and testing kits, and the huge delay in release of those even if we have billions in stockpile, is that they are not FDA approved for use.  

What they should just say is the malaria drug isn't a drug, but a herbal supplement.  Because for some reason herbal supplements are not under the FDA's iron fist.

47 minutes ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

No I'm assuming his ineptitude, lying and constantly trying to change the narrative during all of this will stick with enough moderates and middle of the road voters that he's on the way out.  His inaction and downplaying it initially show he's incapable of leading during a time of crisis.  Working in his favor is that his opponent is seems to be going senile and the democrats really haven't put forth any platform except to get him out.  At this point I just want a competent person calling the shots who will defer to the people around them like the health experts that actually know what they're talking about.  Trump is a failure as a leader and his schtick is keeping his employees on tilt and a revolving door of who works for him. 

That’s all different than the strength of the economy. I thought your original post was referring to that being the issue for his re-election. If things in the country are turning around by November I think he wins easily. It is possible he fucks this up even further but I think they are handling much better now. 

7 minutes ago, Jason said:

You’d think waiving A few FDA regulations would be a no brainer in a time like this 

Sounds like my bosses at work.

"The policy doesnt say you can do that."

"... well, it doesnt say we cant do it either. This has never happened. There is no policy for it."

".... but the policy doesnt say that you can. So you cant."

9 minutes ago, Jason said:

You’d think waiving A few FDA regulations would be a no brainer in a time like this 

I believe I heard they were waived and the drug is available. It has been used already and all of those patients have recovered. 

Not only did the outgoing Obama administration run the incoming Trump administration through a Pandemic scenario...the current administration ran one last year and failed miserably.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/19/us/politics/trump-coronavirus-outbreak.html

The simulation’s sobering results — contained in a draft report dated October 2019 that has not previously been reported — drove home just how underfunded, underprepared and uncoordinated the federal government would be for a life-or-death battle with a virus for which no treatment existed.

The draft report, marked “not to be disclosed,” laid out in stark detail repeated cases of “confusion” in the exercise. Federal agencies jockeyed over who was in charge. State officials and hospitals struggled to figure out what kind of equipment was stockpiled or available. Cities and states went their own ways on school closings.

Many of the potentially deadly consequences of a failure to address the shortcomings are now playing out in all-too-real fashion across the country. And it was hardly the first warning for the nation’s leaders. Three times over the past four years the U.S. government, across two administrations, had grappled in depth with what a pandemic would look like, identifying likely shortcomings and in some cases recommending specific action.

In 2016, the Obama administration produced a comprehensive report on the lessons learned by the government from battling Ebola. In January 2017, outgoing Obama administration officials ran an extensive exercise on responding to a pandemic for incoming senior officials of the Trump administration.

6 minutes ago, red321 said:

In a time of crisis sometimes all our leaders have is their credibility.

If trying to both sides this makes you feel better, you do you.

I don't want this thread to become political, Red. There's an entire forum for discussing politics. 

But I will say this and leave it at that. For every link from one news source that you post bashing Trump, there's another one that either praises him or refutes your claim. I see this on a daily basis, so I don't think it's fair to turn this pandemic into a political argument when we really all need each other right now. 

8 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

I don't want this thread to become political, Red. There's an entire forum for discussing politics. 

But I will say this and leave it at that. For every link from one news source that you post bashing Trump, there's another one that either praises him or refutes your claim. I see this on a daily basis, so I don't think it's fair to turn this pandemic into a political argument when we really all need each other right now. 

With all due respect, we've managed this thread just fine without you.

The failure of this administration to adequately prepare the United States for this virus is a huge part of this story, and will continue to be.

At the same time the president standing at the podium, and regularly misinforming the country about the US preparedness and what is being done to get the country through this crisis is also a huge part of the story...if anything to make sure people realize he's full of shit and you can't expect things to go back to normal in a few days because miracle cure is just around the corner.

Hell, half a page ago you came here and said you had "heard" a drug was readily available and people were being cured...so those of us pointing out the president is full of shit might have just saved your life. You are welcome.

21 minutes ago, red321 said:

With all due respect, we've managed this thread just fine without you.

The failure of this administration to adequately prepare the United States for this virus is a huge part of this story, and will continue to be.

At the same time the president standing at the podium, and regularly misinforming the country about the US preparedness and what is being done to get the country through this crisis is also a huge part of the story...if anything to make sure people realize he's full of shit and you can't expect things to go back to normal in a few days because miracle cure is just around the corner.

Hell, half a page ago you came here and said you had "heard" a drug was readily available and people were being cured...so those of us pointing out the president is full of shit might have just saved your life. You are welcome.

You think the POTUS is a failure, great Red. Not everyone agrees with you. I think he's done a wonderful job and thank God he blocked air travel from China back when he did.

Keep politics out of this thread as it's in the hangout forum or it will get moved to the .Spin forum. Period. 

200.gif