• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19

• Replies 30.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Amazing Larry

• Jason

• St1ck

• tdawg87

18 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

To be clear, whereas the old people are those most at risk, its not "no big deal" to "not old" people. 

Imagine going back in time, and being able to separate everyone for 2 months, with a test in hand, because roughly 15 gay men had developed a rare cancer in los angeles and ny in 1980.... 

Once AIDS was better understood, people assumed if you werent in the "4 H" group, you didnt have to worry. And because the gays, haitians and iv drug users werent considered very high in importance to the masses (like young people looking at old people right now), we more or less ignored it.

Now imagine, again, going back to 1980 to actually be able to test for it.... before it got into the blood supply.... 

I dont think the idea is to lock us up and wait for it to pass. Its to lock us up, test to find who exactly has it, and then specifically remove them from the herd.

And right now, imagine this.  Everyone is calm.  People are shopping, treating this as a short vacation.

In a few weeks, when people start missing a paycheck, and realizing they have no money to pay for food.  That's when things will change.  Best case scenario, government starts delivering food for people.  Of course I haven't heard the government saying they will do or are even planning on doing this, so that's probably out.  Worse case scanario, it makes the 92 riots look like a social gathering.  It'll probably be somewhere in the middle, but that's the bill that's about to become due.

1 hour ago, gotbeer said:

Have fun locked up in your own homes.  

US plan warns coronavirus pandemic could last 18 months: report

I believe it considering it's not going to fully go away but I don't see how it's feasible for us to live like that for multiple reasons. 

China must be laughing all the way to the bank if this turns out to be true and it almost feels like germ warfare.  They supposedly got everything under control after a few months and are getting going again.  If most of the developed world is at a standstill too long say goodbye to what economic strength we had left which is due to our GDP.

Here you go @tdawg87

6 min ago

New Hampshire governor issues emergency orders, including temporary authorization for take-out beer

From CNN's Rebekah Riess

New Hampshire Gov. Chris Sununu issued several emergency orders in response to the COVID-19 pandemic on Wednesday.

The orders include the temporary authorization for take-out or delivery beer or wine; the temporary modification of data and privacy governance plans, which will give school districts greater flexibility developing remote learning tools; and the temporary expansion of access to Telehealth Services to protect the public and health care providers, according to a release from Sununu’s office.

56 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Open things up again.  Live life.  Those with health issues or over a certain age that thinks they are at risk can self quarantine.  (i.e. those that are probably already retired and at home anyways)  Help the few in need, instead of dooming everything.  

Because this isn't going to go away.  And if the report I linked above is correct, those fear mongers saying quarantine should accept that it may take 18 months.  

Get out of here with this. There is considerable life-saving nuance here that you are not applying. We should not just be opening things up as usual tomorrow.

2 minutes ago, st1ckboy said:

Here you go @tdawg87

6 min ago

New Hampshire governor issues emergency orders, including temporary authorization for take-out beer

From CNN's Rebekah Riess

New Hampshire Gov. Chris Sununu issued several emergency orders in response to the COVID-19 pandemic on Wednesday.

The orders include the temporary authorization for take-out or delivery beer or wine; the temporary modification of data and privacy governance plans, which will give school districts greater flexibility developing remote learning tools; and the temporary expansion of access to Telehealth Services to protect the public and health care providers, according to a release from Sununu’s office.

Ipizza yes GIF

4 minutes ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

I believe it considering it's not going to fully go away but I don't see how it's feasible for us to live like that for multiple reasons. 

China must be laughing all the way to the bank if this turns out to be true and it almost feels like germ warfare.  They supposedly got everything under control after a few months and are getting going again.  If most of the developed world is at a standstill too long say goodbye to what economic strength we had left which is due to our GDP.

There is the popular myth that China cant survive without the US

42 minutes ago, notherhalo said:

There is the popular myth that China cant survive without the US

Even in this day and age with globalization I don't believe that.  They would definitely suffer in some ways but if they're up and running while keeping the virus contained they have a massive advantage over countries that are running at say 70%.  US GDP in 2019 was over 21T and the impact of shutting down entire industries is going to be huge the longer it goes on.  We can only print money for so long to help people make it through this before we're too far down the rabbit hole.  That doesn't even begin to get into the mental impact a long shutdown will have on people. 

7 hours ago, Lhalo said:

Random thought: After watching the SpaceX rocket launch this morning I wondered if NASA has started emergency contingent plans to get our astronauts out of the space station and back down to earth. If this pandemic starts getting people at the space program sick who knows what could happen up there. 

Avenue 5 scenario

Dr. Birx said today the virus can survive for three DAYS on plastic and metal surfaces, and she urged people not to touch any surfaces outside of their home. That's impossible!

I'm going out to buy some thin medical gloves, if they're even available. Does anyone know where they can be found?

10 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

Dr. Birx said today the virus can survive for three DAYS on plastic and metal surfaces, and she urged people not to touch any surfaces outside of their home. That's impossible!

I'm going out to buy some thin medical gloves, if they're even available. Does anyone know where they can be found?

It doesn't enter through your skin, it's touch a surface and then touching your face. If gloves help you with that, great...but if you touch a surface with gloves on, and then touch your face. Oh, and probably avoid licking shit.

39 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

Wash your damn hands before you touch your face!  Its pretty simple

43 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

https://www.google.com/search?q=nitrile+gloves&rlz=1CAOTWH_enUS820&sxsrf=ALeKk01oae48ijsLOu1STOsLafOhpwutFA:1584566434517&source=lnms&tbm=shop&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwib9M77-aToAhWLFjQIHT1ZBk0Q_AUoAXoECA4QAw&biw=1920&bih=921

8 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

By the way, I assume this thread will make it to the aw.com record, besting out the joc pederson trade. 

And in the spirit of that, Id just like to add that we made it to page 69

This has a shot at second, but nothing can ever top the greatness of @Spirit’s masterpiece which began with a trip to Chicago.