• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19

• Replies 30.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lhalo

• Jason

• St1ck

• tdawg87

16 minutes ago, Adam said:

Lol fuck guys I don’t think I can live like this very long. It’s been 6 days and I’m losing my fucking mind. It’d be different if we had sports I think. I think I’m gonna start going for a daily drive or something

If it makes you feel any better I'm going fucking stir crazy as well.  I'm not the most social person but at least being at work I know there's other people around even though I see the same 5 or so people most of my normal work day.  Been doing a run every day and when I need to take a break from that I'm going to do a walk just to get out of the house.  Really wish I had a set of weights to do something else but at least we live somewhere with nice weather most the year so I can go outside.  I'm thankful I live where I do and not in a big city like LA.  My condolences to any of you that do as I imagine it's more hectic in more densely populated areas. 

14 minutes ago, RallyMo said:

Great quote:

Well, as you reach me, I'm pretending that I'm in a meditation retreat, but I'm actually being semi-quarantined in Marin County. Yes, this is very good advice. But did we get good advice from the president of the United States for the first 12 weeks? No. All we got were lies. Saying it’s fake, by saying this is a Democratic hoax. There are still people today who believe that, to their detriment. Speaking as a public health person, this is the most irresponsible act of an elected official that I've ever witnessed in my lifetime. But what you're hearing now [to self-isolate, close schools, cancel events] is right. Is it going to protect us completely? Is it going to make the world safe forever? No. It's a great thing because we want to spread out the disease over time.

5 hours ago, Lou said:

I never take a list when I grocery shopping so I end up buying things I don't really need. As a result, I have a pantry full of items people are evidently hoarding these days - rice, canned goods, paper towels, etc.

Same here. Every time i see that unopened adam sandler movie "jack and jill" dvd sitting on the shelf, i tell myself to stop going to target when im bored.

3 hours ago, arch stanton said:

This is my first off day since most things shut down and I can't cross the bridge. I cleaned my car, sharpened all the knives, clipped my hair and all my nails, went to the gym, cooked a killer brunch for one and now it's 12:30. What the fuck am I supposed to do for the next 36 hours?

Probably the same thing we are going to have to do for the next year and a half.  

The upcoming job losses will be unlike anything the US has ever seen

Upcoming weekly jobless claims will shatter the standards set even during the worst points of the financial crisis and the early-1980s recession, with Bank of America forecasting a total of 3 million when the number is released Thursday. 

The worst month for job losses during the financial crisis was 800,00 in March 2009.

Some forecasts see April quintupling that or worse. Forecasts for that month range from 500,000 to 5 million.

Check this out. Is the WHO corrupt and covering up for China? 

https://www.ft.com/content/2a70a02a-644a-11ea-a6cd-df28cc3c6a68

My wife is Taiwanese and has many family members & friends still living in her native country. Last night she received a call from one of her old friends living in Taipei. She said everything is good in the hood over there and they're all tripping over Americans acting like this is the apocalypse. 

Of course the Taiwanese has dealt with this before and took precautions well before us, despite what the WHO told them. Which is why they're fine, despite being super close geographicaly to China.

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/what-taiwan-can-teach-world-fighting-coronavirus-n1153826

16 hours ago, Adam said:

when asked about the stock sales, Burr spokesperson Caitlin Carroll responded “lol”.

https://reason.com/2020/03/20/richard-burr-kelly-loeffler-coronavirus-insider-trading/