• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19

• Replies 30.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lhalo

• Jason

• St1ck

• tdawg87

26 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

There's a Walmart, and two grocery stores as well as a ton of convenience stores.

TP is low but myself currently am fine despite my butt situation.

Walmart sells guns and the Pawn Shop is still open for some weird reason and they got like 12 Glocks.

Pawn shop might even be better, simply because its used, maybe better prices 

17 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

Not sure how that works. Grocery and drug stores don’t exist in a vacuum. Trucking, agriculture, parts and supplies, packaging.

now, a lot of businesses calling themselves essential are really stretching the term. But if you want to start a real panic that order would do it. 

22 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

Its coming for sure. And this is exactly what the Guard exists for.

The sad part is, if people would only do what theyre supposed to, you wouldnt need them for this.

Literally "stay home for a few weeks, relax, and we'll send you money" is being ignored left and right. I completely get certain jobs. And i completely get some people cant miss a day at work for money. But dear god, even in the lines at the grocery stores, people are nuts to butts, boot camp style.

We'll kill ourselves off simply from no discipline.

6 minutes ago, Jason said:

I’ll probably never get my hands on some Pappy but I do have 2 bottles of Blanton’s 

Where can you even get that?

I had some Blanton once. That was the best bourbon I ever had. Totally amazing.

I'll say it right here.

Anybody with Blanton who is out of work or needs cash because of coronavirus, I'll take it off your hands.

Thanks.

2 minutes ago, Jay said:

Where can you even get that?

I had some Blanton once. That was the best bourbon I ever had. Totally amazing.

I'll say it right here.

Anybody with Blanton who is out of work or needs cash because of coronavirus, I'll take it off your hands.

Thanks.

I have a place, it’s actually a BevMo’s in Northern Cali. They seem to have a few bottles the first week of January 

2 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

The problem right now is (at least in CA) you have to wait 10 days to pick up... not even sure if the stores will be open in 10 days.

I imagine a handgun course would run 50-100 bucks?

Like MAGA said above, Glock 19 is fine. 9mm, which is cheap, effective ammo, and very common. And Glocks, more or less, are idiot proof. They only break down into 4 parts.

If its something to keep at your house, it will work, as will a shotgun. Shotguns are pretty cheap.... and you pretty much hit what you need to if theyre within 15-20 feet. 

But I imagine shotguns are more or less out of stock at the moment.

In most circumstances, I tell people if they arent comfortable around guns, dont buy one. And i still... to a point, say that. But with the world where its at right now..... id say if you can afford one, do it. You can always sell it after the dust settles from this.

I've considered getting a shotgun but never followed through.

I'm not a big gun guy and my wife doesn't like them.

I still have my Ruger 10/22 (but no ammo)

There's a one-state buffer here between Idaho and California so we should be ok.

I prefer to be informed by various doctors. This seemed to be really good and in simple terms to digest. We are going to be ok and the media is using terrible verbiage to create panic.

The beginning of this is the short version, good info and brief before it turns into the silly side:

This is a longer and more in-depth version, very good info if you have time, care, or are in panic mode:

This is only 10 minutes and good info that is different than the two above:

Edited by Brandon

5 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

My dad has cancer, doing chemo right now. My mom has breathing problems. I cant go see either... too risky w my job.

I want to drop them off a care package, but I have to swab it all down with disinfectant if I do first.

That’s terrible. Lifting you all up in prayer. 

6 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Have any of you who are anti gun reconsidered?

And I dont ask with any judgement, just curiosity. Driving around Im seeing lined out the gun stores. Which is weird, because I figure all the pro gun types already own one, so I assume a bunch of people Im seeing in line are buying their first one.

Talked about it with my wife and daughter recently but haven’t made a change in my position.

As/if/when things really go down the rabbit hole, there’s going to be an increase in citizens taking matters into their own hands, especially if police can’t/won’t respond. With tempers running short, it’s going to be disastrous.

1 hour ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Its coming for sure. And this is exactly what the Guard exists for.

The sad part is, if people would only do what theyre supposed to, you wouldnt need them for this.

Literally "stay home for a few weeks, relax, and we'll send you money" is being ignored left and right. I completely get certain jobs. And i completely get some people cant miss a day at work for money. But dear god, even in the lines at the grocery stores, people are nuts to butts, boot camp style.

We'll kill ourselves off simply from no discipline.

This, in spades. 
People are selfish. It will be our demise.

56 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I prefer to be informed by various doctors. This seemed to be really good and in simple terms to digest. We are going to be ok and the media is using terrible verbiage to create panic.

The beginning of this is the short version, good info and brief before it turns into the silly side:

This is a longer and more in-depth version, very good info if you have time, care, or are in panic mode:

This is only 10 minutes and good info that is different than the two above:

I’m not sure the host of love line should be listened to as compared to the infectious disease and public health experts...but that’s just me. 

13 minutes ago, red321 said:

I’m not sure the host of love line should be listened to as compared to the infectious disease and public health experts...but that’s just me. 

I heard him on Kevin and Bean (RIP) or whatever it was called after Bean left back in late january. I remember that he was really downplaying it, saying that yes, it will become a pandemic, but thats not as scary as it sounds. Went on to basically say "its just a super flu"

Made me think it was, too. And to be fair, maybe it will be.

That said, like I said previously in here. We dont shut down our economy for ANYTHING. And the whole world is doing the same.

Its coming no matter what. We cant stop it. We missed that window. But we can slow it.... and hopefully, slow it to the point where we minimize damage, and figure out how to beat it. 

But its coming

27 minutes ago, red321 said:

It is just you. If you listen he clearly states multiple times to follow the head of the CDC. I also believe him to me more educated and informed than you and everyone else here. I also posted this below from an expert in infectious disease epidemiology who is also the director for the Center of Infectious Disease Research and Policy....but that's just me.

Maybe you should actually listen instead of making poor assumptions. But you'll continue to just read the headlines and find these videos too long for you to listen and pay attention to.

Edited by Brandon

7 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

I heard him on Kevin and Bean (RIP) or whatever it was called after Bean left back in late january. I remember that he was really downplaying it, saying that yes, it will become a pandemic, but thats not as scary as it sounds. Went on to basically say "its just a super flu"

Made me think it was, too. And to be fair, maybe it will be.

That said, like I said previously in here. We dont shut down our economy for ANYTHING. And the whole world is doing the same.

Its coming no matter what. We cant stop it. We missed that window. But we can slow it.... and hopefully, slow it to the point where we minimize damage, and figure out how to beat it. 

But its coming

The economy is taking a shit because of widespread media panic to where the stock market is taking a shit. Michael Osterholm, whom I posted above, even talks about how Wall Street bankers brought him in to speak about the effects of the disease and how it could affect the stock market. He says it was like talking to kids about going down a dark hallway and not being afraid of monsters and just how dumb they were....even the politicians in the know sold their stocks before the volatility.

Again, I implore people here to listen to doctors and people in the disease sector opposed to spreading bullshit and assumptions here.