• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Astros punishments: suspensions, firings, team gets over, everyone is pissed.

mmc

17 minutes ago, beatlesrule said:

For those of you that want players suspended, how would that happen exactly? How can you prove which players knew about it and which didn't? Which players benefited from it? Is it the assumption that every single player knew what was going on and no one said a word? In that case, do you suspend or terminate the contracts of all of the Astros players? There is no way in the world the players union would just sit back and let that happen.

How many videos of players need to be seen?  I asked not long ago for proof on some i hadnt seen and was given the results in minutes.  
Every at bat of these players is on film, with audio, its disingenuous to say they could not prove it if they wanted to. 

8 minutes ago, YouthofToday said:

How would this be tied to the Astros minor league contraction plan? I don’t get it. 

They, specifically Lunhow floated the idea. With the way that Manfred discussed the culture in the Astros organization in the report, I hope they now do not consider the plan because of the motivations of the team that wrote it.

Punishment is historic but I wish it had gone further. Hinch seems like he was against it but not willing to report his own players. Tough spot to be in, but he didn’t have the strength of character to do much but be passive aggressive. I mean breaking two monitors instead of talking to Luhnow or MLB is weak. I think he will be hired by someone after the suspension or a year later at most.

Luhnow is a jerk and deserves all he gets. The culture he created and supported was destined to create this. I think it’ll take him longer to get back. The caveat here is that his knowledge is gonna be highly prized by someone. Don’t think he ever makes GM again though. 

Cora is done. I think he gets lifetime suspension from baseball. He designed the system in Houston. He is most culpable. He will have culpability in Boston and that is gonna be all it takes to come down hard on him. Boston’s cheating happened after being caught, after a warning, and in 2018. Since Houston sounds like it was only proved in 2017 and they got this much Boston is gonna be hammered and Cora even more so for both situations. He gone!

2 minutes ago, YouthofToday said:

RUMINT from a friend who works for a MLB team. He/she does not work for the Angels. It’s entirely legit. 

If it happens, it will shut the mouths of all the Dodger fans bitching right now about how they got cheated of two rings.

I hope it goes public soon. lol

13 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

If we had a commish like Judge Kenesaw Landis the Astros would be banned from the major leagues. That would have been nice.

Nope, because there is getting around the MLBPA....    Marvin Miller pretty much insulated the players against the league doing whatever the hell it wanted.

2 minutes ago, GregAlso said:

he caveat here is that his knowledge is gonna be highly prized by someone.

There are gains to be made in analytics in the areas of torture, tax evasion, racketeering, embezzlement, insider trading, identity theft, and money laundering.  Luhnow's skills are prized, and he won't be out of work long.

USC had a title won on the field taken away for off the field, non game related activity.

Astros and Red Sox won championships with cheating help in games.

At the least they should be branded like the 1919 Reds. Champs in name only. And the Reds did nothing wrong. 

How about having all personnel on those teams paying back all playoff/world series money?

57 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

I guess I didn't see it coming that Hinch and Luchnow would get fired but it makes sense.  Crane is probably going to clean house of the entire front office staff.  

It would be absolutely amazing if he takes a blowtorch to the roster as well and starts trading off guys that were involved.  

Even Crane realizes MLB went easy on them and felt the need to step it up to avoid additional backlash.

40 minutes ago, beatlesrule said:

For those of you that want players suspended, how would that happen exactly? How can you prove which players knew about it and which didn't? Which players benefited from it? Is it the assumption that every single player knew what was going on and no one said a word? In that case, do you suspend or terminate the contracts of all of the Astros players? There is no way in the world the players union would just sit back and let that happen.

How the players don't get suspended is beyond me. 25 games at the minimum. There is more than enough evidence showing the players fully bought into this. If someone didn't know what was going on, their head was up their ass. It's why you had Fiers selling them out. It's total crap that altered the results of the 2017 season. 

41 minutes ago, beatlesrule said:

I'm not sure players need to be suspended specifically, but I would like to see SOME sort of punishment that doesn't allow them to act as if they are above the law.

12 minutes ago, Duren, Duren said:

USC had a title won on the field taken away for off the field, non game related activity.

Astros and Red Sox won championships with cheating help in games.

At the least they should be branded like the 1919 Reds. Champs in name only. And the Reds did nothing wrong. 

How about having all personnel on those teams paying back all playoff/world series money?

It's ironic that this is the 100th anniversary year of the Black Sox being suspended (late September 1920), although the official ban from Landis was in 1921. 

39 minutes ago, Hubs said:

I think Cora is gonna get a bigger suspension than Hinch or Lunhow.

I also hope the Commissioner's Office decides against the Astros' minor league baseball contraction plan.

I'd be shocked if Cora doesn't get banned. With his involvement between the Astros and Red Sox, he is done

1 hour ago, beatlesrule said:

I don't know how you can sit in the dugout for a whole 3 hours and hear a loud banging noise from a trash can during your teams ab's and not know what's going on. Every single player knew, in fact, I believe it was a RP, Mike Fiers, who sits some 1000 feet away from the dugout that first admitted to it.

Yes, I think the players should get suspended. They are adults, and knew that they were cheating, yet still did it. MLB can't punish players now, but I'm guessing they will negotiate a way to punish players for cheating in the next CBA.