• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Astros punishments: suspensions, firings, team gets over, everyone is pissed.

mmc

i agree with vacating their WS title from 2017. they cheated to win, and that should not be allowed to stand.

i also agree that the players who actually carried out the cheating/participated in it should bear some form of punishment as well. but i also get that it would mean jumping down the rabbit hole to punish them fairly within the structure of the MLBPA contract.

10 minutes ago, yk9001 said:

If I could go back in time, I'd strangle Pete Rose in his crib.  Just so I'd never ever ever have to hear another "why isn't Pete Rose in the Hall of Fame/why is he suspended for life?" comment, or see it on the internet.

For all you young uns, the first years of sports talk radio seemed to talk about Pete Rose and the HOF ALL THE TIME.

I have no animosity to Rose.  I just have less than zero interest in ever hearing anything about it again.

Sassy Black Woman GIF by Robert E Blackmon

18 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Sounds like sports talk radio hasn't improved.

It was less hot-takey, more "who is gonna bat cleanup this year" and much more baseball-y.

I swear, the local sports talk in the 80s, regardless of the station, was baseball-fueled.

You could now go two months on ESPN/national radio, and not hear a thing about baseball.  Including during the season.

Edited by yk9001

28 minutes ago, yk9001 said:

It was less hot-takey, more "who is gonna bat cleanup this year" and much more baseball-y.

I swear, the local sports talk in the 80s, regardless of the station, was baseball-fueled.

You could now go two months on ESPN/national radio, and not hear a thing about baseball.  Including during the season.

And what yo7 do hear is usually from someone who doesnt know a whole lot about any team other than the two all star ones.