• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Poll: Would you trade top prospect Jo Adell for Mike Clevinger?

Chuck

Would you trade Jo Adell for Mike Clevinger?  

129 members have voted

1. 1. Would you trade Jo Adell for Mike Clevinger?

• Yes I would trade Adell for Clevinger
    • No I would not trade Adell for Clevinger
    • I would not trade Adell for anyone
    • Thanks, Jerry Dipoto

5 hours ago, beatlesrule said:

A multi-millionaire baseball player cheated on his girlfriend? Shocking! Surely this has never happened before and will never happen again. I challenge many of the married men or people here in relationships to have a seemingly unlimited supply of gorgeous women lining up for you to stay faithful and not cheat. Especially when you rarely see your wife or S/O in the first place.

If people here judged sports players on their private lives, a lot of the great athletes would not be playing for your team. Look up Michael Jordan. See what kind of person he really is and was.

I don't know all the personal lives of current or past baseball players but I'm sure there are plenty of very highly skilled players that cheated multiple times on their wives or girlfriends.

I mean look at Tiger Woods. Lol guy was flat out running train on whores. And he was supposed to be nice. Hope he gets number 16!!

7 hours ago, beatlesrule said:

A multi-millionaire baseball player cheated on his girlfriend? Shocking! Surely this has never happened before and will never happen again. I challenge many of the married men or people here in relationships to have a seemingly unlimited supply of gorgeous women lining up for you to stay faithful and not cheat. Especially when you rarely see your wife or S/O in the first place.

If people here judged sports players on their private lives, a lot of the great athletes would not be playing for your team. Look up Michael Jordan. See what kind of person he really is and was.

I don't know all the personal lives of current or past baseball players but I'm sure there are plenty of very highly skilled players that cheated multiple times on their wives or girlfriends.

True, but that doesn't mean he isn't a piece of shit

8 hours ago, Bronson said:

I’ve said this before but I think Marsh, Sandoval, Rengifo and Thaiss would be enough to get it done. If they really want to play hardball switch out Thaiss for La Stella.

A top 100 prospect, a pitcher with high upside, a middle infielder with high upside and an all star who had a breakout season should be enough to do it. If it doesn’t then move on. Adell is untouchable in my eyes unless it’s for Buehler.

La Stella’s value in a trade is minimal.  This is his last year of club control. 

I guess it's kind of a moot point with the rumor that Cleveland was looking at Adell+ for Clevinger.  Nobody in their right mind would do that, especially Eppler.

Like a few other posters have iterated, I'm willing to wait out the offseason a little bit to see if more opportunities present themselves.  Prices are high right now in the wake of all good free agent talent being off the table along with teams looking at the Angels and smelling the desperation for high end SP talent.  Look at the garbage that Cleveland got in return for Kluber from Texas (a fringe MLB OF and a reliever) in comparison to what they were asking from us, as an example.  Everyone is going to try and pry Adell from us as a starting point as it's become a meme how strapped the Angels are for reliable starters.

We do need a top flight starter though, and we need to get one this year.  A Trout/Rendon core nearing their 30's forces our hand to a certain extent, even with how good the Astros are.  Maybe if these guys were 24-25 we wouldn't be in this spot,  but our only option now is a trade and the only chips we have that will realistically bring back a top arm are Marsh/Adell.  One of these guys will be moved either individually or as part of a package, it's just a matter of which one.  Eppler is generally patient with moves like this, but I think he knows what the expectations are (for both the team and his job stability) and that this starting staff is not going to get it done.

19 hours ago, Stradling said:

I doubt any rational person would turn down an equitable trade for a Clevinger type because of infidelity.  

+1

I'm hesitant to trade Adell for Clevinger, but infidelity is not the reason why.    As solid as Clevinger has been, and as durable as he was through 2018, I still worry about trading a position player with the huge potential that Adell has, for a pitcher. 

If they do it, I won't be upset though, especially if Clevinger stays healthy and figuring to benefit in being reunited with Callaway.

• 1 month later...

The Angel would need to slightly “overpay” with a combination of other players to get Clevinger.

The bottom line is Angel fans would be upset that trading Adell for Clevinger is an overpay, but the realistic price of a package not including Adell would also be criticized as “gutting the farm.”

I believe the Angel have enough pieces to make a deal for Clevinger without trading Adell, but the price will “sting” a bit.

But I am willing to suffer the sting to get the piece the team needs.

On 1/6/2020 at 6:44 PM, Jeff Fletcher said:

I don’t think the Indians would trade Mike Clevinger for Jo Adell either. They asked for Adell AND another player, which is because they’re still trying to win in 2020.

If Mike Clevinger was on the Tigers, they do an Adell-Clevinger swap straight up, easy. 

Ask them again. 

• 9 months later...
7 minutes ago, cvdog said:

I'd do this deal in a heartbeat. For Gods sake the Angels need pitching 10x more than anymore position players. We know what we get in Clevinger. Adell is still an unknown prospect who could very well flame out. Get as many top line pitchers as you can. Plus we have Marsh.

You did see he was moved last season to the Padres and now has to have TJ and is out all year?