• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Cole was never going to come to the Angels.

halonatic13

I wrote this is another thread, but I knew lots of kids like that in the 90s. They all wore Yankees and Bulls gear. None of them could name a single player on either team from the years immediately preceding Jordan or Jeter; most of them had never been to New York or Illinois. But they loved cheering for a winner. 

If Gerrit actually still loves the Yankees, that makes me respect him more. I don't keep in touch with any of those kids with whom I went to elementary and junior high, but I'd been willing to bet that if they are still in SoCal, they have switched loyalties and been wearing Dodgers gear for the last few years.  

I grew up a Minnesota Vikings fan.  I had never been to Minnesota.  I liked the Purple People Eaters, Joe Kapp, etc.  They were fun to watch and back then - they usually beat the Rams.  Kids become fans for different reasons.  I don't watch football any more, but if I did - I imagine I'd still be a Vikings fan by default.