• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Plan B: What do you think the best option for the Angels is now?

rafibomb

12 minutes ago, rafibomb said:

Jordyn Adams and/or Brandon Marsh, among others will be joining a different organization by the end of the week.

This is legit. This is also why I wanted us to sign Cole, then someone lesser like Teheran so we didn't have to trade Marsh.

I think the Angels have to be really careful with guys like Ryu and Bumgarner.  I’ve always been a big fan of getting Rendon.  I sincerely hope we manage to pull him down.  But it’s tough to be really optimistic right now.  Extremely shitty break for the organization.  No way around it.  

I’m going to assume they did everything they could to get Cole.  So I’m not pissed or anything.  But unless some surprise trade happens.  I don’t know what short term path there is. For me, and I think for the organization.  It’s not about getting a goddamn wild card berth.  It’s about competing for rings.  I don’t see any clear pathway.  Especially if they don’t get Rendon.  Who apparently, they have to out bid the Dodgers for.  It’s a fucking mess. 

I don’t know how we get a real impact starter without absolutely gutting the development system. The weakness of which has absolutely been the origin of all the teams problems.  And even if they did.  How are we going to outbid teams with much better farm systems ? It just doesn’t seem like a real solution.  Sorry to say.  Power up the offense and hope we get great development from Canning.  Hope Ohtani delivers some magic.  Get like Keuchel.  I don’t know what else to say. 

1 minute ago, Sean-Regan said:

He cheaps out, you mean. Now we’re either going to get stuck spending too much money for awful pieces or trade the future for other awful pieces. 

Yes, I will actually give him massive credit if he lands Rendon. At least you’d be getting a superstar in his prime. The bullshit Bumgarner signings are what is going to kill the rest of Trout’s prime. It’s a stupid half measure

3 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

This is legit. This is also why I wanted us to sign Cole, then someone lesser like Teheran so we didn't have to trade Marsh.

On Twitter I asked Biggins to join the site, will ask Huff as well, maybe they will share there Bruin recruiting info to me.

Just now, UndertheHalo said:

I don’t know how we get a real impact starter without absolutely gutting the development system. The weakness of which has absolutely been the origin of all the teams problems.  And even if they did.  How are we going to outbid teams with much better farm systems ? It just doesn’t seem like a real solution.  Sorry to say.  Power up the offense and hope we get great development from Canning.  Hope Ohtani delivers some magic.  Get like Keuchel.  I don’t know what else to say. 

That’s how I feel. At this point, we’ve got to hope Mickey Callaway can get a lot more out of what we have and we actually get health and innings out of them. If we get Rendon, that helps, but we need 2 pitchers probably beside that. 

I don’t see a genuine ace, which means we probably can’t win a playoff series, let alone 3. 

What about an all Asian top of the rotation? Sign Rendon & Ryu & then trade for Darvish & Contreras.

Rotation: Ohtani, Darvish, Ryu, Canning, Bundy/Heaney

Lineup: 2B Fletcher, CF Trout, 3B Rendon, DH Ohtani, C Contreras, LF Upton, 1B La Stella/Pujols, RF Adell/Goodwin, SS Simba