• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Plan B: What do you think the best option for the Angels is now?

rafibomb

2 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

I think Rendon does actually move us into the upper echelon of offenses in baseball.  He’s pretty great.  Obviously there’s still more work to be done.  But at least with Rendon we can pretend. 

But you have to look at who he is taking playing time away. Most likely his ABs come from La Stella, Rengifo and Fletcher.... maybe Thaiss... That is nothing like the floor that a pitcher would be starting from.

2 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

But you have to look at who he is taking playing time away. Most likely his ABs come from La Stella, Rengifo and Fletcher.... maybe Thaiss... That is nothing like the floor that a pitcher would be starting from.

I think you have to try and put LaStella at 1B.  I mean we don’t know whether Thaiss or Rengifo will be better.  I’m not that high on Thaiss so maybe it’s Rengifo.  If not, he sits and you’ve got Thaiss over at 1st.  I don’t know. Like I’ve said.  I don’t believe there are a lot of clear paths.  I’m just tying to find something.  I think Rendon does a lot of good. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

1 minute ago, UndertheHalo said:

I think you have to try and put LaStella at 1B.  I mean we don’t know whether Thaiss or Rengifo will be better.  I’m not that high on Thaiss so maybe it’s Rengifo.  If not, he sits and you’ve got Thaiss over at 1st.  I don’t know. Like I said.  There’s not a lot of clear paths.  I’m just tying to find something.  I think Rendon does a lot of good. 

Can we not just find a decent first basemen? LaStella was great last year but he doesn’t really profile as a 1B... This is why I assume a move for Rendon leads to a trade. Of course like I mentioned in my previous post strangely avoiding Garret Cole will lead to a lot more significant salary issues in the short term. Rendon won’t be much cheaper annually and we will have just as large a hole in the rotation.

5 minutes ago, Angels_Fan said:

Then Eppler needs to get creative, I guess. Or Arte just has to accept that he will need to increase the payroll for a chance at the postseason. 

Of course it is an unwillingness to avoid a payroll increase that will force this situation.

This is called playing yourself into a corner.

If you’re expecting guys like Upton and Simmons to have a major drop off or Adell to not figure it out soon, wouldn’t that make investing in someone like Rendon more necessary? In that scenario, the same question of “who’s going to pitch the next few years” and worrying that we’ll be “counting on young pitchers to perform” could be asked about hitting too. 

it sucks but rendon does open up Fletcher to be moved with Marsh (I wish not) and other pieces for an ace. I really have been thinking Syndergaard would be a target, especially if he’s open to a contract extension. Hopefully the other young guys like Jackson and Paris continue to progress and maybe in a year our system would be in the same position it is now even after having traded/graduated our current top 2. 

1 minute ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Can we not just find a decent first basemen? LaStella was great last year but he doesn’t really profile as a 1B... This is why I assume a move for Rendon leads to a trade. Of course like I mentioned in my previous post strangely avoiding Garret Cole will lead to a lot more significant salary issues in the short term. Rendon won’t be much cheaper annually and we will have just as large a hole in the rotation.

I’m just saying, try and find the best combination of players.  If that means forcing LaStella into the line up at 1B I guess that’s an option.  Agreed it’s not ideal.  As far as finding a 1B.  I mean, we haven’t been able to.  The Pujols chain around the clubs neck is what it is.  Hopefully a guy like Thaiss comes forward, but I don’t know about it.  As I say.  I’m not big on Thaiss personally.  

As far as the pitchers.  I don’t know man.  I’ve posted what I think of the available FA pitchers left. 

If you're taking Darvish plus Bryant/Contreras then the deal is built around giving the Cubs some salary relief so the prospect cost should decrease quite a bit. I'm not one to pull names out of my ass to try to make the deal work but taking $30 mil per season off their books should be equal to giving up a top 10 prospect

Just now, Dochalo said:

just thought I piss on the party a little bit because why not.  

but has anyone considered that Arte is now super pissed at Boras again because of the Cole thing and won't deal with him the rest of the off season?  

Was wondering that earlier...

But i kind of doubt it. I think this cole thing just went old school.... highest bidder wins, and yanks became the yanks again in that game.

1 minute ago, Dochalo said:

just thought I piss on the party a little bit because why not.  

but has anyone considered that Arte is now super pissed at Boras again because of the Cole thing and won't deal with him the rest of the off season?  

We don’t know if he is. It wasn’t Boras who convinced Cole that the Yankees were a winner and he should play for them regardless.