• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Plan B: What do you think the best option for the Angels is now?

rafibomb

I’d like to hear anyone who genuinely thinks we can be competitive without Cole outline what player or combination of players will accomplish that - not only regular season, but playoffs, because to my eye unless we get absurdly lucky this team has no future the next 2-3 years at this point. 

Sure, they might be an okay regular season team, might even make the Wild Card every year. But I don’t see a way this team becomes a legitimate contender before 2022 at this point. 

1 minute ago, Sean-Regan said:

I’d like to hear anyone who genuinely thinks we can be competitive without Cole outline what player or combination of players will accomplish that - not only regular season, but playoffs, because to my eye unless we get absurdly lucky this team has no future the next 2-3 years at this point. 

Sure, they might be an okay regular season team, might even make the Wild Card every year. But I don’t see a way this team becomes a legitimate contender before 2022 at this point. 

Because Cole only pitches every 5th day and while there may be a 65% chance at him winning that game because he's awesome, we're also facing the other team's ace pitcher and I mean, Cole will have an occasional bad game here and there. 

We need a great addition to the lineup and some quality arms. Ohtani can be every good on the mound as Cole was in the future. It may not be in 2020, but it could be shortly thereafter. 

Load up on the offense now and sign a bunch of guys like Ryu, Teheran, Keuchel and/or Bumgarner.

Bottom line is the Angels cannot make excuses and fold.

It’s time to win.  It is what it is.

So go get Rendon.  Go get Ryu.  Get Bumgarner or Keuchel.

And if they can’t get both Ryu and Bumgarner then they are going to have to spend minor league prospect capital to land a front line starter.

Eppler better pull his nuts out and make the moves necessary.

Let’s go Billy.

Edited by Dtwncbad

2 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Because Cole only pitches every 5th day and while there may be a 65% chance at him winning that game because he's awesome, we're also facing the other team's ace pitcher and I mean, Cole will have an occasional bad game here and there. 

We need a great addition to the lineup and some quality arms. Ohtani can be every good on the mound as Cole was in the future. It may not be in 2020, but it could be shortly thereafter. 

Load up on the offense now and sign a bunch of guys like Ryu, Teheran, Keuchel and/or Bumgarner.

How many pitchers do we need? We have 4 in the rotation now. 

We need a #1 and I don't see any of the remaining SPs on the FA market being that type of pitcher (Ryu maybe, but he's not healthy often enough).  We might have to just double down on our offense and make it as potent as possible by signing Rendon.  Eppler claims we can swing a trade for pitching, which probably means depleting the farm again.  I don't know.  Effing Yankees and Boras.

5 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

Bottom line is the Angels cannot make excuses and fold.

It’s time to win.  It is what it is.

So go get Rendon.  Go get Ryu.  Get Bumgarner or Keuchel.

And if they can’t get both Ryu and Bumgarner then they are going to have to spend minor league prospect capital to land a front line starter.

Eppler better pull his nuts out and make the moves necessary.

Let’s go Billy.

He almost has too, and that’s what I’m scared of.... His ass might be out the door.