• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Plan B: What do you think the best option for the Angels is now?

rafibomb

Just now, Chuckster70 said:

Like hell we're not. 

This team would be in a shitty spot to add anything else if we signed Cole for that price. I'm glad we didn't sign him. Good riddance. 

Yea, I still wanted him.  This one hurt.  As for your idea, even though Ryu is better, I’d probably go Keuchel because it is just the safer pick as far as health.

10 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Thoughts?

I’m very leery on Bumgarner and Ryu.  Especially Bumgarner.  Not in your post Chuck but I’ve posted since last year about my hesitation with Donaldson I really, really dislike giving him multiple years. 

i think Darvish is interesting but I mean, he’s had his struggles.  If we can just eat the money and get him cheap (prospects wise) that has a lot of appeal.  I’m not sure about Contreras. I’d love to have him but I don’t know what we’d have to give up.  A lot I’d think.  Maybe eating all of Darvish contract offsets that ?  

Rendon to me completely makes or breaks the offseason.  If they fail to pull him down.  I’m sorry this is a disaster.  We’ll just have to try and make sure the offense is sick as hell. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

2 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

I’m very leery on Ryu.  Especially Ryu.  Not in that post but I’ve posted since last year about hesitation with Donaldson and I also really, really don’t like a big contract for the Bum.  

i think Darvish is interesting but I mean, he’s had his struggles.  If we can just eat the money and get him cheap (prospects wise) that has a lot of appeal.  I’m not sure about Contreras. I’d love to have him but I don’t know what we’d have to give up.  A lot I’d think.  Maybe eating all of Darvish contract offsets that ?  

Rendon to me completely makes or breaks the offseason.  If they fail to pull him down.  I’m sorry this is a disaster.  We’ll just have to try and make sure the offense is sick as hell. 

This x1000. Rendon is a MUST GET now. 

4 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Darvish had a pretty good year.  Not crazy about it, but he is probably the best pitcher currently available.

Darvish was recovering from injury in the first half, but boy did he get to full strength by mid-season. Check out his first/second half splits and overall numbers. 

Annotation 2019-12-10 221327.png

Annotation 2019-12-10 221117.png

5 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

I’m very leery on Ryu.  Especially Ryu.  Not in that post but I’ve posted since last year about hesitation with Donaldson and I also really, really don’t like a big contract for the Bum.  

It has been a disaster for how many years now? The only positive we have had is Trout.

2 minutes ago, ScottT said:

Rendon

Ryu 

Trade for a SP.   Use Fletcher, minor leaguer(s) not named Adell or Marsh (though I'd budge on that depending on who the pitcher is)

That probably nets more wins than Cole alone.

Pretty much my thoughts. Ryu, if healthy, is a top five SP IMO.

Just now, CanadianHalo said:

You ONLY trade for Darvish if Contreras comes with

That works for me.  So what does that deal look like?  Do you eat all of the contract?  If you do can you do that deal without killing the farm because of the money owed and they are looking to shed payroll?

Just now, Don said:

Pretty much my thoughts. Ryu, if healthy, is a top five SP.

No he’s not.  I really don’t think this is the case.  The dodgers work magic constantly, serious doubts until proven otherwise that the Angels can get the same type of performance out of him.  He’s a solid pitcher but he’s not top 5 or top 10 frankly.  He’s not that young and he has significant injury risk.  I can take him or leave him. 

Just now, Angels_Make_Me_Drink said:

Contreras is going to cost and arm and a leg. The Padres were poking around but pulled back because the demand was through the roof. We can’t afford that. 

I didn’t realize how solid Darvish was in the 2nd half. Go get that man. 

Darvish was every bit as good as Cole in the second half of last season.