• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Plan B: What do you think the best option for the Angels is now?

rafibomb

Just now, Jason said:

Yeah, I'd rather stay in house than overpay for washed up or mediocre players

I don't think we will do either.  Then again I don't look at Keuchel or even MadBum as mediocre.  I see them as middle of the rotation guys that take the ball every fifth day and give you a chance to win.  Both are capable of coming up big, they have both been on the biggest stage and had success.  It could be a lot worse than having either of those dudes.  

1 minute ago, Stradling said:

I don't think we will do either.  Then again I don't look at Keuchel or even MadBum as mediocre.  I see them as middle of the rotation guys that take the ball every fifth day and give you a chance to win.  Both are capable of coming up big, they have both been on the biggest stage and had success.  It could be a lot worse than having either of those dudes.  

Yeah, I agree. Bumgarner isn't what he was but at least he pitches a lot of inning which would make our pen better. 

2 hours ago, Broad Street said:

I think people are underestimating MadBum. He’s cheaper and he’s a workhorse. Also, he’s extremely clutch. Yes, the away splits are a little worrisome the last two years, but before that he was just as good on the road as he was at home. I say we sign MadBum and Walker (easy buy low candidate) and then trade for a front line starter. 

Who are you willing to trade for pitching?

52 minutes ago, Stradling said:

They'd have to eat about half of the contract or they would have to throw in Devers which they won't do.  

Ha! I literally texted my buddy who is a Sox fan the same thing. His response “f*ck off”.

They’d never ever throw in Devers but that’s how much I want no part of Price 

13 minutes ago, CanadianHalo said:

Ha! I literally texted my buddy who is a Sox fan the same thing. His response “f*ck off”.

They’d never ever throw in Devers but that’s how much I want no part of Price 

I would rather sign Keuchel and Rendon than end up with Devers and Price.

10 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

Darvish was recovering from injury in the first half, but boy did he get to full strength by mid-season. Check out his first/second half splits and overall numbers. 

Annotation 2019-12-10 221327.png

Annotation 2019-12-10 221117.png

And, as an adjunct to your earlier post Chuck, there would certainly be a rising sun competitive flavor going on between him and Ohtani.

5 minutes ago, Junkballer said:

And, as an adjunct to your earlier post Chuck, there would certainly be a rising sun competitive flavor going on between him and Ohtani.

That would be cool huh Rally? In fact, it would also be the first time there's ever been three starting pitchers in the rotation from an Asian ethnicity ever. 

11 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

Because Cole only pitches every 5th day and while there may be a 65% chance at him winning that game because he's awesome, we're also facing the other team's ace pitcher and I mean, Cole will have an occasional bad game here and there. 

We need a great addition to the lineup and some quality arms. Ohtani can be every good on the mound as Cole was in the future. It may not be in 2020, but it could be shortly thereafter. 

Load up on the offense now and sign a bunch of guys like Ryu, Teheran, Keuchel and/or Bumgarner.

Rendon and 2 of these pitchers. 

1 hour ago, totdprods said:

Chris Cotillo, a Sox beat writer, speculated someone like Benintendi or Chavis could be added in if the acquiring team took all of the salary. 

In my mind, they could turn around and try to flip either player for more pitching.

I’m hanging onto Benny biceps if he comes with Price. He could seriously rake with that new ghetto yellow home run line of ours in right field. 

Sign Rendon or Donaldson.

Trade for Contreras 

Sign Bumgarner 

It’s A LOT but at this point they’ve dug themselves so damn deep that if they want to as much as sniff a winning record in 2020 they’re going to need to do A LOT

Just now, Angels_Fan said:

If the Angels also sign Rendon in addition to that, then sure. Otherwise those two won’t be enough to make the postseason.

Yeah except Rendon doesn't v pitch and the offense is already trending up and Rendon effectively remove either La Stella or Fletcher from the lineup. 

So no. Not a good idea. Name value doesn't equate actual value. 

Price's full contract and one of Benintendi/Chavis seems fair. 

The Angels could turn around use either Chavis/Benintendi in a trade with Chicago for Contreras - probably not Darvish with Price's contract, but maybe Quintana. 
They could also turn around and shop Benintendi to Arizona for Robbie Ray. 

Sign one of Rendon ($30m), Donaldson ($25m), or Castellanos ($20m)

• Rotation, in no order: 
    • Price (+$32m)
    • Ray/Quintana (+$11-$13m) - or they keep Benintendi/Chavis and sign an arm for a comparable rate.
    • Ohtani
    • Heaney
    • Bundy
    • Canning, Sandoval, etc. for depth
  • Line-up, in no order:
    • Fletcher 2B
    • Trout CF
    • Rendon/Donaldson (or La Stella) 3B (+$25-$30m AAV)
    • Ohtani DH
    • Upton LF
    • Simmons SS
    • Contreras C (+$5m)
    • Pujols/La Stella (or Castellanos at $20m) 1B 
    • Goodwin/Adell RF

At most (Rendon, Quintana), that's about $80m AAV added, without any back-loading for Rendon, putting us over $217m.
At least, (Castellanos, Ray), it's about $70m AAV added, without any back-loading for Castellano, putting us around $205m.

Edited by totdprods

Just now, Second Base said:

Yeah except Rendon doesn't v pitch and the offense is already trending up and Rendon effectively remove either La Stella or Fletcher from the lineup. 

None of those guys will provide 6 WAR or anywhere close like a Rendon would, though. 

Just now, Second Base said:

Why would it remove La Stella or Fletcher from the lineup?

La Stella plays first and Fletcher plays second.

If anything who knows if La Stella is anything like the player he was last year. That seemed like such anomaly I wouldn’t be surprised if it didn’t happen again.

You know what you’re getting with a Rendon. Elite hitting and offense to plug behind Trout. Then trade La Stella while his trade value is at an all time high.