• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Plan B: What do you think the best option for the Angels is now?

rafibomb

3 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

just thought I piss on the party a little bit because why not.  

but has anyone considered that Arte is now super pissed at Boras again because of the Cole thing and won't deal with him the rest of the off season?  

I think it just came down to the Yankees doing Yankee things.  Cole went where he wanted to go. 

3 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

just thought I piss on the party a little bit because why not.  

but has anyone considered that Arte is now super pissed at Boras again because of the Cole thing and won't deal with him the rest of the off season?  

Why would he be pissed at Boras. Boras even said the Angels were being aggressive. Gave them a compliment. At the end of the day the Angels offered less and Cole wanted to go to the Yankees. Nothing to be mad about. They gave it their best shot and the Yankees made the better offer. It’s business. It’s really that simple. Time to move on to the next best option. Make the Angels a winner and beat the Yankees in the playoffs and none of this matters. 

2 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Deep respect TORS, you’re killing it here the last 24 hours my dude. 

Someone has to try to cheer this place up.

(People say im the life of the part cuz i tell a joke or two,

But although im laughing loud and hardy, deep inside im blue)

Bam! Tied in the sad song thread AND the platoon thread all in this one!

4 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Someone has to try to cheer this place up.

(People say im the life of the part cuz i tell a joke or two,

But although im laughing loud and hardy, deep inside im blue)

Bam! Tied in the sad song thread AND the platoon thread all in this one!

did someone else get in a nap today?

7 hours ago, Angelsjunky said:

The key is not to panic. If I were Eppler I'd go hard after Rendon or possibly Donaldson. But I'd probably play it mellow with pitchers and avoid spending stupid money on Bumgarner or Ryu, and maybe instead see who slips through the cracks and can be signed for a bargain (Keuchel?). I would also not trade any of the top prospects -- no Adell, Marsh, Adams, etc.

Cole alone did not guarantee a playoff berth next year. Obviously it improves their chances, the plan always was--and remains--to improve year to year and become a powerhouse by 2022 or so. 

So if I'm Eppler, I try to put together a really good lineup, and a stealthily good and mostly homegrown rotation and bullpen.

Hope Arte and Eppler read your post! 

Eppler said they are still working on acquiring a front line starter. But out of all the names mentioned as available in trade or free agency I wouldn’t call any of them “front line”. So who the heck are they talking about? 
The most disappointing part about losing Cole is I think it means losing Marsh (our best trade chip). And are they going to use him to acquire a number 3 because that’s all that’s being made available? I would ask Eppler but he hasn’t been taking my calls

I think people are underestimating MadBum. He’s cheaper and he’s a workhorse. Also, he’s extremely clutch. Yes, the away splits are a little worrisome the last two years, but before that he was just as good on the road as he was at home. I say we sign MadBum and Walker (easy buy low candidate) and then trade for a front line starter. 

35 minutes ago, Buttercup said:

Eppler said they are still working on acquiring a front line starter. But out of all the names mentioned as available in trade or free agency I wouldn’t call any of them “front line”. So who the heck are they talking about? 
The most disappointing part about losing Cole is I think it means losing Marsh (our best trade chip). And are they going to use him to acquire a number 3 because that’s all that’s being made available? I would ask Eppler but he hasn’t been taking my calls

Front line for the Angels is #3 or #4 for most teams 

My guess is that we'll trade for Price, taking on his entire contract, and overpay for Miley or Wacha to fill out the pitching staff. Then overpay for Donaldson to fill out the offense and cap off a successful offseason and a mission accomplished. We finish just under .500 next season, Eppler is roundly praised and offered an extension. Life goes on. 

There’s endless combos...

• If they do get Rendon, Bumgarner and Ryu perhaps become unaffordable, so maybe they turn to the next tier and trade market
  • If they get Donaldson, they can probably splurge a bit more easily on Ryu/Bumgarner, and the higher end of the next tier down, such as Keuchel
  • David Price opens up a ton of possibilities - they can take on all salary and get something good back, perhaps Benintendi or Chavis, daresay Mookie, maybe flipping one for another pitcher or catcher
  • They could explore any number of options with the Cubs for Bryant, Contreras, and/or their pitching 
  • They could loop in a third team like San Diego or Cleveland who also needs to move salary and has pitching and/or catching to spare 

Frankly, I’m kind of excited to see what happens. With the freed up salary the Angels have a ton of money to work with and Eppler has all sorts of creative avenues to go down to improve the team in many, many ways. This offseason could very well shape the next core. 

Edited by totdprods