• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

THE Official 2019-2020 Hot Stove Thread

T.G.

3 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

I know, I was kind of dumbfounded by that remark as well. I guess some writers assume that we stalk Mike Trout's IG or something. 

3 hours ago, Pancake Bear said:

I thought maybe she’d tweeted a pic of it or something on her feed, but I can find any evidence of that. 

*sigh*

how easily some of you forget how far my reach goes.

32 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

my guess is Gonsolin and Verdugo for Betts and Price with the dogs reaching a new deal with Betts

the dodgers may very well end up signing betts, but it will be in FA just like every other team. i wouldn't be surprised by any stretch they're one of the flagship franchises and can easily afford it.

11 hours ago, RBM said:

I agree the Dodgers make the deal for Betts with Price included because they want/need the WS in 2020 but the CBT is a non-issue this year for them. It is not part of the decision.

The Dodgers are currently $34 M under, Mookie is $27 M. So even if they take on all of Price's $32 M.(which they won't) and trade absolutely zero salary back (which they won't) they are only $23 M over and would pay only $2.3 M. this year. It's likely their CBT bill will end up at about only $1 M. after this deal.

I personally think the hold up is how much of Price's contract the Red Sox eat but more importantly whether or not the Red Sox can get Kike Hernandez over Chris Taylor in the deal.

You are correct of course, i just dont think they want to find themselves in that area after this year.
Mookie may or may not stay, i think there is a good chance they dont make this trade unless they want to keep him, but either way Price remains and bascially put them right at the limit without any other salry increases, and arbitration or other things will push them over.
Bottom line here Price limits what they can do moving forward without crossing the line for the next 3 years even without Betts.
Thanks all im suggesting.
For one year its a nothing, youre right.

The problem with this Dodger scenario is it starts them going over the luxury tax and starts its penalty for a guy like David Price.  They would most certainly want to flip him.  They are in the sweet spot of their roster, before guys like Bellinger, Seager, Buehler all get expensive.  Picking up $70 million for Betts and Price would destroy all of that.  

2 hours ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

I'd still sign him to a deal. At this point unless they make a trade you have to buy a lottery ticket.

There have been rumblings that the medicals on his shoulder are bad -- like bailing wire and duct tape bad.   That's why the D-Backs cur ties, that's why nobody has rolled the dice despite his having always shown so much upside.

59 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

There have been rumblings that the medicals on his shoulder are bad -- like bailing wire and duct tape bad.   That's why the D-Backs cur ties, that's why nobody has rolled the dice despite his having always shown so much upside.

Hard pass.