• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

THE Official 2019-2020 Hot Stove Thread

T.G.

I actually really like the relief moves Eppler has made this winter. Lots of velocity, spin rate, minor league success and projection and minimal investment. It's a recipe for success. One or two of them are likely going to work out, and having Middleton back full strength should help. Buttrey faded down the stretch and I think he'll be back in form. 

The pen should be good.

Edited by Second Base

1 hour ago, Second Base said:

I actually really like the relief moves Eppler has made this winter. Lots of velocity, spin rate, minor league success and projection and minimal investment. It's a recipe for success. One or two of them are likely going to work out, and having Middleton back full strength should help. Buttrey faded down the stretch and I think he'll be back in form. 

The pen should be good.

I read Pena is supposed to be ready for Spring also. Could maybe pitch long relief or spot starting. That or compete with Andriese for that role. 

33 minutes ago, RBM said:

What exactly is the hybrid model you heard about?

How is it tied to the SP?

Where did you hear it?

I've sen it a few places, one this morning from Len Kasper of the Cubs, in reply to something Jason Stark posted, with a twist on the idea..   This isnt the first place ive read this just the most recent.

The basic idea i had read was to make it so the DH was in place as long as the starter was.  He posted this as an alternative. 

This is the end of my giving you footnotes by the way.  You can believe or not believe what i post, up to you, but the implication of it is getting a little old. 

Here was his summary:
DH solution MLB-wide is HYBRID.

likes tying DH to starter. Interesting...could do that OR--P has to bat 1st time thru order (even PH there has to be P)--then DH rest of game. This ensures a pitcher bats in EVERY game. Bottom line--it's time for MLB-wide rules to be same

1 hour ago, floplag said:

They will find a way to bork it up.
Im hearing they are looking at some hybrid model trying to tie the DH to the SP, once hes pulled so it the DH... Honestly what are they resisting at this point.

So the starting pitchers wouldn't bat, but the relievers, who pitch even less, would? That would be messed up.

6 minutes ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

So the starting pitchers wouldn't bat, but the relievers, who pitch even less, would? That would be messed up.

I'm guessing the thought behind that is that once a starter has been pulled, the relievers rarely stay in long enough to get an AB.

Not saying I agree with it, just that it seems like what they might be thinking.

Just now, Glen said:

I'm guessing the thought behind that is that once a starter has been pulled, the relievers rarely stay in long enough to get an AB.

Not saying I agree with it, just that it seems like what they might be thinking.

If the starter was out by the fifth or sixth inning, that spot in the order would come up at least twice before the end of the game. You would really need a strong bench, because you would be burning pinch hitters in every game.

The Snakes announced on Monday that they’ve acquired outfielder Starling Marte from the Pirates. High-upside youngsters Liover Peguero and Brennan Malone are going back in return, along with $250K in international spending money moving to Pittsburgh. The Pirates will also reportedly pay down $1.5MM of Marte’s remaining obligations