• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The bow tie says that the Angels are looking at Joe Maddon

UndertheHalo

Meh heres a snippet.  Mods can delete if not allowed. 

According to major-league sources, the Angels would consider moving on from Brad Ausmus, 50, and bringing back Maddon, 65. Maddon spent 31 years in the Angels’ organization, the first 19 as a minor-league catcher, scout, manager and hitting instructor, the final 12 as a major-league coach and two-time interim manager.

Ausmus, completing the first year of a three-year contract, is in the same position that Renteria was at the end of the 2014 season — perhaps even a worse position, considering the way his team has underperformed and Maddon’s previous history with the Angels.

Angels owner Arte Moreno probably does not want to pay two managers at once, and almost certainly would not want to match Maddon’s current $6 million salary. But he is believed to be fond of Maddon, who led the Cubs to the playoffs in the first four of his five seasons with the club, winning the NL Central twice, reaching the NLCS three times and achieving a historic victory in the 2016 World Series.

The Angels, by contrast, have yet to win a postseason game during All-Star center fielder Mike Trout’s nine-year career. This will be their fourth straight losing season, all since Billy Eppler became general manager. Eppler, who hired Ausmus after Mike Scioscia stepped down at the end of the 2018 season, faces an uncertain future — the team recently exercised his option for 2020, but did not extend him.

Edited by UndertheHalo

That would be awesome, but I have my doubts. Again, Eppler specifically targeted Ausmus even while Scioscia was the manager. Ausmus was being groomed for the role for an entire year, studying the prospects, familiarizing himself with the analytical tendencies and preferences of Eppler himself.

Like it or not, Ausmus is the manager, despite what the bowtie says.

5 minutes ago, Tank said:

ausmus hasn't done anything to excite me as a fan. that said, i wonder what he'd do with a roster that doesn't look like the walking dead.

i also wouldn't mind if they fired him and hired maddon, either.

Kind of my thought too.....I am neutral on Ausmus, don't think you can judge him too much on this year. I like Maddon, wonder if a fresh start would do him good.

57 minutes ago, Calzone 2 said:

I think something big will happen if the Dodgers fail to win a championship this season. It will be Roberts out and Scioscia in. 

Has a manager ever been fired after winning 300 games over 3 seasons? I think it's more likely Sosh goes to San Diego or Philly.