• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The bow tie says that the Angels are looking at Joe Maddon

UndertheHalo

1 hour ago, Calzone 2 said:

I think something big will happen if the Dodgers fail to win a championship this season. It will be Roberts out and Scioscia in. 

Meh.... 

I can see the dodgers being interested in sosh, and vice versa... but as the honcho, im not so sure. 

I think the Padres would be interested in Sosh more than the dodgers

37 minutes ago, RBM said:

I really don't think Maddon will replace Ausmus in 2020.

They are bound together and Eppler has this one year to get it right. If things go badly again next year then neither one of them will be back in 2021.

I agree with this. 

Unless there's something going on behind the scenes we don't know about, Ausmus will almost certainly be the manager next year. Eppler didn't just pick a name out of a hat. He specifically picked Ausmus for a reason. The only way he is out is if Eppler is pressured to force him out for something we don't know about yet. That doesn't bode well for the team going forward.

12 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Meh.... 

I can see the dodgers being interested in sosh, and vice versa... but as the honcho, im not so sure. 

I think the Padres would be interested in Sosh more than the dodgers

Doesn’t Sosh have a house on the west side of town? Not that’s any big deal.

3 minutes ago, Calzone 2 said:

Doesn’t Sosh have a house on the west side of town? Not that’s any big deal.

He also has one in Newport. If he felt like it, aside from buying a place down in SD, he could take the train down every day.

I just see the pads with their up and coming youngsters being a good fit for him.

8 minutes ago, Sean-Regan said:

Scioscia will not be managing the Dodgers. Honestly, I’m shocked there’s even internal rumblings about Maddon in Anaheim. That reeks of Arte, tbh, and if true may indicate turbulence between Yacht Man and Billy/Aus. 

Good. Hopefully Arte does what needs to be done

21 minutes ago, Sean-Regan said:

Scioscia will not be managing the Dodgers. Honestly, I’m shocked there’s even internal rumblings about Maddon in Anaheim. That reeks of Arte, tbh, and if true may indicate turbulence between Yacht Man and Billy/Aus. 

Still not even sure how valid this rumor is.

If anything, my assumption is that madden was just fired, and still has a lot of friends in anaheim.... so maybe not so much they dislike ausmus as much as they "like" madden.

54 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Still not even sure how valid this rumor is.

If anything, my assumption is that madden was just fired, and still has a lot of friends in anaheim.... so maybe not so much they dislike ausmus as much as they "like" madden.

If they're willing to fire Ausmus after one year then I think it's safe to say they didn't like him.  Especially considering that Ausmus still has two years left on his contract.  

Based on what @Dochalo said, Ausmus can be replaced by Alexa.

"Alexa. Should the pitcher be replaced?"

"If this is the third time the opposing batter has seen the pitcher, than the answer is definitely yes."

"Alexa. Where should Pujols bat in the lineup?"

"Pujol's contract states that he must bat either 3,4,5 when approaching a milestone."

25 minutes ago, eligrba said:

Based on what @Dochalo said, Ausmus can be replaced by Alexa.

"Alexa. Should the pitcher be replaced?"

"If this is the third time the opposing batter has seen the pitcher, than the answer is definitely yes."

"Alexa. Where should Pujols bat in the lineup?"

"Pujol's contract states that he must bat either 3,4,5 when approaching a milestone."

how bout a lasagna joke.  those are just as funny.  

There’s a zero percent chance the Dodgers would hire Scioscia, maybe less than zero.  As far as Maddon here in Anaheim, sure why not.  It’s like having a cooler version of Scioscia with better press conferences.  FS can let us know if he says anything interesting after a loss. 

Didn't some consider Maddon the brains behind Scioscia's success in the Aughties?

Anyhow, 65 isn't completely ancient for a manager (although it is getting there), but I'm worried his prime is past. I'm worried that getting him now would be sort of like winning a date with Kathleen Turner. You're thinking Body Heat, but the reality is Dumb and Dumber To.

Image result for kathleen turner body heat

Image result for kathleen turner dumb and dumber

The only way Ausmus is replaced is if there was upheaval in the clubhouse. As I understand, he lost control of the Tigers when he was managing in Detroit,.and there were some rumblings that Upton didn't care for Ausmus at all. Plus there really haven't been many fluff articles about players praising a new managerial style the way you'd expect from a first year manager.

So yeah, maybe there is some dissention among the ranks.

Still, I'm thinking Eppler hitched his wagon to Ausmus. But I'm certainly hoping the Angels being back Maddon for the gig that he was always supposed to inherit in the first place. I don't think anyone believed Scioscia would manage this team for 17 more years back in 2001.

If I had to guess, I'd say Ausmus stays, the Padres bring in Scioscia, and the Phillies hire Maddon.