• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

LOL at A's Kyler Murray

On January 9, 2019 at 8:00 PM, Hubs said:

He’s 5’8

On January 10, 2019 at 5:11 AM, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

image.png

On January 10, 2019 at 5:48 AM, jordan said:

So he’s really 5’8”. Those numbers are always higher than what they actually are unless you’re Shaq. 

On January 10, 2019 at 12:12 PM, Hubs said:

This article lists him at 5'9" and I've heard that's generous. He also weighs like 165-175. That's tiny for an NFL QB who has to throw over 6'5" OL.

He's not going to succeed in Football because of his stature. I think the combine will set everyone straight. No way he's the first pick in the draft.

https://newsok.com/article/5606862/kyler-murray-era-begins-with-ou-doubling-down-on-short-quarterbacks

On January 10, 2019 at 2:30 PM, Hubs said:

Me. And I think he's super talented college QB, but he is just too small to play in the NFL. He makes Russell Wilson and Baker Mayfield look tall. And they're among the shortest in the league.

As a basbeall player, he plays OF, but looks so small to me. Here he is next to Baker Mayfield who is just 6'. And Baker is bending down further. Scouts say he isn't close to 5'10, so maybe he's 5'9, but a 5'9" QB is not going to be a 1st round pick.

He should stick to baseball.

https://goo.gl/images/fes5BR

On January 10, 2019 at 9:16 PM, Yellow Balloon said:

Take this for whatever it's worth.  I stood a few yards away from him on the sideline during a game his senior year in high school and my guess is that he was about 5-8.  I was curious about his height because I knew he was being so heavily recruited and was likely headed to A&M.  He was listed at 5-11 then too and everyone knew that was laughable.

Having said that if there's a 5-8 QB that's capable of playing in the NFL it's probably him.  Like Marinovich he's been groomed his entire life for it.  His dad, Kevin Murray, who was a pretty good college QB too, conducts QB clinics and camps all over Texas and from what I understand is making a pretty good living from it.    BTW Kevin's brother (Kyler's uncle) is Calvin Murray who some of you might remember was an OF for the Giants for a few years.  Good bloodlines.

On February 11, 2019 at 7:49 PM, azmancini said:

Exaggerated size...see Taylor Ward

hi m0nkey 

5 minutes ago, Lou said:

nobody said he is tall.

the 165-175 pound claim was just as funny 

I also think he put on weight, since the end of the college season, but he didn't put on 40 lbs. So obviously he was closer to 190 and put on some weight over the past two months.

On 1/10/2019 at 10:41 AM, Lou said:

Murray is a freak athlete. I've never seen a QB who can accelerate the way he does when he decides to take off and run. 

You’ve obviously forgotten about Earl Morrall and his blazing speed.

On 2/11/2019 at 1:33 PM, Dochalo said:

it's not the team's perspective.  it's reality.  

7 rounds of a football draft.  all players from college and a trace smattering from some euro league

40 rounds of a baseball draft.  plus and intl sign period.  players starting as young at 16.  The Angels have 8 levels of minor league players.  

If football or basketball felt they were missing out on a pool of players, they would make further adjustments and increase the number of developmental levels.  

Guys from the NBA and NFL drafts walk through the door and are made starters.  Often.  

When't the last time we've seen an mlb draft pick in the majors the same year?  

Other sports have more predictable talent.  Therefore, they get more money.  

Jim Abbott anyone...

On 2/11/2019 at 1:33 PM, Dochalo said:

it's not the team's perspective.  it's reality.  

7 rounds of a football draft.  all players from college and a trace smattering from some euro league

40 rounds of a baseball draft.  plus and intl sign period.  players starting as young at 16.  The Angels have 8 levels of minor league players.  

If football or basketball felt they were missing out on a pool of players, they would make further adjustments and increase the number of developmental levels.  

Guys from the NBA and NFL drafts walk through the door and are made starters.  Often.  

When't the last time we've seen an mlb draft pick in the majors the same year?  

Other sports have more predictable talent.  Therefore, they get more money.  

Jim Abbott anyone...

• 1 month later...
14 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

And of course, back in the day, David Clyde was drafted out of HS #1 overall in 1973 and immediately pitched for the Rangers as an 18 year-old.   That was more of a pub thing though to increase attendance.

Of course, he not too long after had arm troubles and never did much at the MLB level.

Yep...  Rangers ownership did it for all the wrong reasons and ruined that kid's career.

• 2 weeks later...