• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

LOL at A's Kyler Murray

1 hour ago, floplag said:

at this point i think i have to say its more like lol Cardinals... methinks this will not end well for him, his coach, or his GM... and of course the team itself.

Methinks you will be wrong. I think there is significant chance he is a successful quarterback for the League

2 hours ago, floplag said:

at this point i think i have to say its more like lol Cardinals... methinks this will not end well for him, his coach, or his GM... and of course the team itself.

Or you can be Rosen and end up in a worse situation (Miami). Where there are already talks that they’ll be picking #1 next spring. Herbert or Tua?

1 hour ago, OK-LA Angels said:

Methinks you will be wrong. I think there is significant chance he is a successful quarterback for the League

Well see i guess but i am curious, based on what?  There is exactly one reference you can make to suggest that to be the case, and hes still slightly smaller.
Run and gun air raid whatever they are calling it has been tried, and failed.  The coach had a losing record in college ball.  
Im genuinely curious what you are looking at to suggest this will be even remotely successful 

1 hour ago, nando714 said:

Or you can be Rosen and end up in a worse situation (Miami). Where there are already talks that they’ll be picking #1 next spring. Herbert or Tua?

Neither is a great situation, granted, but both spot gave up a ton of sacks and hits last year, at least Rosen is more likely to not get killed by it

11 minutes ago, floplag said:

Neither is a great situation, granted, but both spot gave up a ton of sacks and hits last year, at least Rosen is more likely to not get killed by it

Murray is a lot more athletic and has more running ability. 

Where as Rosen is a statue.

murray is smaller but Seattle has had a terrible OL for a long time and Wilson has been escaping it just fine 

5 minutes ago, floplag said:

And you obviously arent comparing college ball to pro are you?  the differences in speed up front alone and a different world. 

no, I'm not.

my point was that you have concluded that the Cardinals will run an air raid offense.

why?

32 minutes ago, Lou said:

no, I'm not.

my point was that you have concluded that the Cardinals will run an air raid offense.

why?

While it seems to make total sense that they will institute the air raid offense, by having Kingsbury coaching them, the air raid offense is really meant for offenses that don’t have a lot of physicality, college offenses like Texas Tech and NOT pro offenses.

• 4 months later...
On 4/27/2019 at 2:42 PM, Angel Oracle said:

LOL at the Raiders picking a guy 4th, that was projected to go outside the top 20

Week 1 report:

DE Clelin Ferrell: A

It didn’t take long for the No. 4 pick in the 2019 draft to make an impact for the Raiders. In the first half, Ferrell was in the backfield constantly and recorded a key pass deflection on third down. In the fourth quarter, Ferrell recorded the first sack of his career, forcing the Broncos to kick a field goal. Ferrell couldn’t have had a better debut with the Raider

• 1 year later...
On 1/10/2019 at 12:12 PM, Hubs said:

This article lists him at 5'9" and I've heard that's generous. He also weighs like 165-175. That's tiny for an NFL QB who has to throw over 6'5" OL.

He's not going to succeed in Football because of his stature. I think the combine will set everyone straight. No way he's the first pick in the draft.

https://newsok.com/article/5606862/kyler-murray-era-begins-with-ou-doubling-down-on-short-quarterbacks

On 1/10/2019 at 2:18 PM, Lou said:

other than 1 person claiming he's 5'8", who is knocking him? 

On 1/10/2019 at 2:30 PM, Hubs said:

Me. And I think he's super talented college QB, but he is just too small to play in the NFL. He makes Russell Wilson and Baker Mayfield look tall. And they're among the shortest in the league.

As a basbeall player, he plays OF, but looks so small to me. Here he is next to Baker Mayfield who is just 6'. And Baker is bending down further. Scouts say he isn't close to 5'10, so maybe he's 5'9, but a 5'9" QB is not going to be a 1st round pick.

He should stick to baseball.

https://goo.gl/images/fes5BR

I agree.

• Chuck changed the title to LOL at A's Kyler Murray
On 9/16/2019 at 12:17 AM, Lou said:

Week 1 report:

DE Clelin Ferrell: A

It didn’t take long for the No. 4 pick in the 2019 draft to make an impact for the Raiders. In the first half, Ferrell was in the backfield constantly and recorded a key pass deflection on third down. In the fourth quarter, Ferrell recorded the first sack of his career, forcing the Broncos to kick a field goal. Ferrell couldn’t have had a better debut with the Raider

I agree.