• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

LOL at A's Kyler Murray

2 minutes ago, Pujols4MVP said:

In the NFL especially due to his size he's more likely to get a concussion, several concussions during his career which seems to cause NFLers to become mentally unstable.

He should take the MLB money & he won't have to worry about getting concussions.

Did you hear that from Casey Kotchman?

37 minutes ago, Pujols4MVP said:

Nope. For every Casey Kotchman there is 50 guys in the NFL & NHL who get a concussion every year.

Quite a few people in both NFL & NHL have committed suicide due to mental illness cause by the violent concussions they got

But there is some risk of concussions in baseball. I pointed out in my original post that the increased injury risk should be considered. But you should have pointed out in your post that the risk for QBs is greatly reduced compared to every other position in football. It's an increased risk compared to baseball but it's not as much as if he were playing any other position. Also, is there any evidence that if he weighed 20 more pounds he wouldn't get as many concussions? The earnings difference needs to be considered against the risk. 

On 1/10/2019 at 6:59 PM, Pujols4MVP said:

Nope. For every Casey Kotchman there is 50 guys in the NFL & NHL who get a concussion every year.

Quite a few people in both NFL & NHL have committed suicide due to mental illness cause by the violent concussions they got

how many were QBs?

of those, how many played after all of the rule changes that were implimented to protect the QB?

Take this for whatever it's worth.  I stood a few yards away from him on the sideline during a game his senior year in high school and my guess is that he was about 5-8.  I was curious about his height because I knew he was being so heavily recruited and was likely headed to A&M.  He was listed at 5-11 then too and everyone knew that was laughable.

Having said that if there's a 5-8 QB that's capable of playing in the NFL it's probably him.  Like Marinovich he's been groomed his entire life for it.  His dad, Kevin Murray, who was a pretty good college QB too, conducts QB clinics and camps all over Texas and from what I understand is making a pretty good living from it.    BTW Kevin's brother (Kyler's uncle) is Calvin Murray who some of you might remember was an OF for the Giants for a few years.  Good bloodlines.

This is why I never read anything from anyone at SBN. Well one of the reasons at least. But man, outside of a small handful of quality writers, most of these bloggers over there are garbage. 

This chick is just the bitter version of the old Angels blogger at HalosHeaven (SBN) that got canned for writing an article saying hateful things about Josh Hamilton.

http://dailysnark.com/oakland-as-reporter-wishes-injury-on-kyler-murray-after-he-chooses-football-over-baseball/

Screenshot_20190110-233627_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20190110-233645_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20190110-234057_Twitter.jpg

3 hours ago, Sean-Regan said:

If he wants a successful career, I personally would think baseball is probably a little bit better gamble. If he wants fast money, a quicker route to big league play, and doesn’t want to go the long route of minor league baseball, he should go with football. 

I agree. Baseball is much easier on the body I'd imagine. Money I'm sure plays a role here of course but football is his first love.

5 minutes ago, OK-LA Angels said:

I agree. Baseball is much easier on the body I'd imagine. Money I'm sure plays a role here of course but football is his first love.

yep, I was just going to say he should play the sport he enjoys most, which is football. 

9 hours ago, Lou said:

6'1"

not saying you said so, but since when is 6'1" short. i'm that exact height and i'm taller than almost everybody.

The average height of the 32 NFL starting quarterbacks as of the date of publication was 6 feet 3 inches, according to Pro-Football-Reference.com. 

i don't believe two inches makes much of a difference, but if murray is 5'8"-5'10", then i can see how 5-7 inches is a big deal.

edit: i just realized. cue the penis jokes.

12 minutes ago, ukyah said:

not saying you said so, but since when is 6'1" short. i'm that exact height and i'm taller than almost everybody.

The average height of the 32 NFL starting quarterbacks as of the date of publication was 6 feet 3 inches, according to Pro-Football-Reference.com. 

i don't believe two inches makes much of a difference, but if murray is 5'8"-5'10", then i can see how 5-7 inches is a big deal.

edit: i just realized. cue the penis jokes.

The 6'1" comment was in reference to Mayfield.

(penis)

3 minutes ago, Lou said:

seeing as the rule was collectively bargained, I don't see how MLB can allow this to happen . it could have some drastic ramifications. 

Yeah as badly as I want to see the Athletics pull Murray away just for the sake of bettering baseball this seems awfully sketchy and could set a terrible precedent. 

Maybe a compromise like the Angels struck with Locker I believe, where they retain some rights to him and they do work out some sort of long-term option should he try being two-sport or if he decides against?