• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2019 Minor League Statline and Prospect Discussion Thread

Chuck

Daniel Nunan had a rough outing tonight but was scoreless over his last 7.1ip with 10k.  Didn't even realize he'd been pitching.  

Reminder that he's a 12th round pick out of high school from the 2018 draft.  6'6" left hander.  

tonight he went 3ip with 4h, 3er, 1bb, 3k.  

I don't have a scouting report on him.  

I think we really need to have serious talk about Sandoval after this start, it small sample size but may change his ceiling!

Few things that were noticed:

1. Excitement played a role in that 95-96 MPH Fastabll

2. into his 5th inning of work, still maintained 90-94 

3 Change looks like a plus pitch when he under control and uses his Fb and mix in the Change.  

4. Slider looked average, but a few had solid late movement

5. Thru a few curve's showed potential to be a plus pitch, but had trouble commanding it. 

5. When he wasn't overthrowing and keeping his delivery  sound, looked like a 3 there.

Final thoughts/question:

1. I know that the excitement played a role in Sandoval hitting 95/96. But this maybe something to consider once his body fills out. I'm not expecting this velo, but a const 91-94 (similar to Skaggs and Heaney) i don't think he'll add Velo, but could he maintain a certain range of a start? 

2. That Change flash Plus, Especially if he command it with the Fb. 

3. better command of his Curve could possibly give his a solid, Fb, Change and Curve arsenal.

At his Curtain Velo, plus his off speeds and improved command, we could potentially have a number 3.    

2 hours ago, Vlad27Trout27 said:

I think we really need to have serious talk about Sandoval after this start, it small sample size but may change his ceiling!

Few things that were noticed:

1. Excitement played a role in that 95-96 MPH Fastabll

2. into his 5th inning of work, still maintained 90-94 

3 Change looks like a plus pitch when he under control and uses his Fb and mix in the Change.  

4. Slider looked average, but a few had solid late movement

5. Thru a few curve's showed potential to be a plus pitch, but had trouble commanding it. 

5. When he wasn't overthrowing and keeping his delivery  sound, looked like a 3 there.

Final thoughts/question:

1. I know that the excitement played a role in Sandoval hitting 95/96. But this maybe something to consider once his body fills out. I'm not expecting this velo, but a const 91-94 (similar to Skaggs and Heaney) i don't think he'll add Velo, but could he maintain a certain range of a start? 

2. That Change flash Plus, Especially if he command it with the Fb. 

3. better command of his Curve could possibly give his a solid, Fb, Change and Curve arsenal.

At his Curtain Velo, plus his off speeds and improved command, we could potentially have a number 3.    

It would be such a blessing, the rotation is in dire need of competent starters for next year. 

1. (hopefully Cole)

2. Ohtani

3. Heaney

4. Canning (if he doesn’t need T.J.)

5. Barría/Suarez/Sandoval 

i would be all for adding 2-3 more proven starters even if we sign Cole. Can’t trust Heaney to stay healthy, Canning’s UCL could go at any moment, and the rest don’t have much experience. 

1 minute ago, TroutField said:

It would be such a blessing, the rotation is in dire need of competent starters for next year. 

1. (hopefully Cole)

2. Ohtani

3. Heaney

4. Canning (if he doesn’t need T.J.)

5. Barría/Suarez/Sandoval 

i would be all for adding 2-3 more proven starters even if we sign Cole. Can’t trust Heaney to stay healthy, Canning’s UCL could go at any moment, and the rest don’t have much experience. 

Tropeano had his 2nd consecutive really good start for SLC...wouldn't mind seeing him get reps the rest of the season to limit Suarez and Canning's innings.  As for Canning, it's just some inflammation...if they were really concerned about his elbow, they'd shut him down

1 minute ago, Angelsjunky said:

"I agree."

signed,

@Lou from the future.

Yeah, yeah but, seriously, considering this team's last 3 seasons you think they'd be risking his elbow for shits and giggles?

Unless they are doing the "Ohtani" and testing his elbow now so his recovery is just next year...I guess.

But, in general, torn ligaments can hit any elbow for any pitcher for any team at any time

29 minutes ago, mulwin444 said:

Yeah, yeah but, seriously, considering this team's last 3 seasons you think they'd be risking his elbow for shits and giggles?

Unless they are doing the "Ohtani" and testing his elbow now so his recovery is just next year...I guess.

But, in general, torn ligaments can hit any elbow for any pitcher for any team at any time

Yeah, I know - just a bit of dark humor.

1 hour ago, mulwin444 said:

Correct tion....last four seasons

1 minute ago, Glen said:

Bring Adell up in September, give him starts every day and have Calhoun and Upton alternate days off. Mix Goodwin in as well. I know that's 4 OF for two spots but it's time to give him his shot.

I don't think they'll lbs promoting him this year. Goodwin keeps hitting and has earned more time, and Calhoun will get a better send off than that.

16 hours ago, Dochalo said:

Daniel Nunan had a rough outing tonight but was scoreless over his last 7.1ip with 10k.  Didn't even realize he'd been pitching.  

Reminder that he's a 12th round pick out of high school from the 2018 draft.  6'6" left hander.  

tonight he went 3ip with 4h, 3er, 1bb, 3k.  

I don't have a scouting report on him.  

Nunan, you can do it.

3 hours ago, Second Base said:

I don't think they'll lbs promoting him this year. Goodwin keeps hitting and has earned more time, and Calhoun will get a better send off than that.

I don't see why the wouldn't promote him this year, at least for September. Even if he only sits on the bench and gets a few starters here or there, it is valuable for him to have a taste of the majors if only to chat with Trout and Pujols in the dugout and get a few PA against major league pitchers. He wouldn't be missing regular playing time in AAA.

1 hour ago, Angelsjunky said:

I don't see why the wouldn't promote him this year, at least for September. Even if he only sits on the bench and gets a few starters here or there, it is valuable for him to have a taste of the majors if only to chat with Trout and Pujols in the dugout and get a few PA against major league pitchers. He wouldn't be missing regular playing time in AAA.

The biggest reason will be because he doesn’t need to be added to the 40-man yet, so by adding him now (especially if they feel he’s already MLB-ready) it frees up a spot for them all winter and spring to nab guys off waivers or protect other fringier prospects.

Rojas, Ortega, Jones, and Lund are likely to be added. Adrian Rondon is eligible. Pena, Way, De Horta, Kruger, and Rhoades are unlikely but not impossible. Gatto, Torres, Rivas, Molina, and Tavarez are almost definitely not candidates but you never know. 

22 minutes ago, totdprods said:

The biggest reason will be because he doesn’t need to be added to the 40-man yet, so by adding him now (especially if they feel he’s already MLB-ready) it frees up a spot for them all winter and spring to nab guys off waivers or protect other fringier prospects.

Rojas, Ortega, Jones, and Lund are likely to be added. Adrian Rondon is eligible. Pena, Way, De Horta, Kruger, and Rhoades are unlikely but not impossible. Gatto, Torres, Rivas, Molina, and Tavarez are almost definitely not candidates but you never know. 

There will be enough guys that can be dfa'd, to allow them to put Adell on the 40 man roster. The Rule 5 guys don't have to be protected until a few weeks before the Winter Meetings in November. Guys like Cahill and Garcia and Bour will be off the payroll by then. The sooner Adell gets some playing time in mlb, the better the Org can get a better sense how soon he will be ready to come up permanently. I am not sure Rojas, Jones & Lund  will be added. I don't think they would be plucked from the Angels, for various reasons. Rojas is what 28 or 29? Jones has had a terrible season. Lund is never going to be anything other than a 4th of"er, at best.

8 minutes ago, greginpsca said:

There will be enough guys that can be dfa'd, to allow them to put Adell on the 40 man roster. The Rule 5 guys don't have to be protected until a few weeks before the Winter Meetings in November. Guys like Cahill and Garcia and Bour will be off the payroll by then. The sooner Adell gets some playing time in mlb, the better the Org can get a better sense how soon he will be ready to come up permanently. I am not sure Rojas, Jones & Lund  will be added. I don't think they would be plucked from the Angels, for various reasons. Rojas is what 28 or 29? Jones has had a terrible season. Lund is never going to be anything other than a 4th of"er, at best.

I’m sure they have a good sense of Adell’s MLB readiness. Rojas is 26. Lund has hit .950+ since May and is needed optional OF depth, especially if Herm doesn’t show much and Goodwin is somehow lost. Jones is a total question mark. They might risk exposing him, they might have faith. 

Cozart, Pena, and Middleton will need to be added back as well. 

And it’s not so much about the guys they need to protect, but also the guys they’ll want to be able to add off of other teams rosters. Yes, they’ll shave a good 8-12 guys from the 40-man this winter, but that also makes room for 8-12 guys to add. There’s no need to add Adell until ST when it becomes clear he’s ready and they have assessed the rest of the roster. 

9 minutes ago, greginpsca said:

Cozart will probably have his last year of his contract eaten. Pena is out for 6-9 months. Maybe ready by the All Star break. I don't think any position players from outside the Org will be added to the 40 man roster this off season, except possibly a catcher.  Only Pitchers!

I can see Cozart getting through ST to see if anything looks encouraging, and then if not, then he's likely DFA'd and they eat all but a small part of the $12.7 million.