• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2019 Minor League Statline and Prospect Discussion Thread

Chuck

I imagine once the WC firmly slips of reach we will see Bert and maybe even Simmons (to allow SS reps for Fletcher and Rengifo) get some time off, and Thaiss, Ward, Rojas, and Walsh will all get some regular playing time. Probably some corner outfield action for all three too.

Edited by totdprods

2 minutes ago, totdprods said:

I imagine once the WC firmly slips of reach we will see Bert and maybe even Simmons (to allow SS reps for Fletcher and Rengifo) get some time off, and Thaiss, Ward, Rojas, and Walsh will all get some regular playing time. Probably some corner outfield action for all three too.

we might also see a few less at bats for Calhoun and less DH for Ohtani as his rehab intensifies.  

17 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Someone mentioned at draft time that his athleticism was off the charts, but also that he needs a lot of development time.

No rush anyway, if Simba re-signs here. 

he's one of the 5 youngest players in the AZL right now and I think he was the youngest player drafted this year at 17.  Most of the other guys his age have already been playing pro ball for a year.  

He'll be a fun guy to watch but likely 5-6 years away.  

The optimist in me believes Walsh will be used in a manner fitting his unique skill set, but I think that would require Pujols and La Stella to be traded, which opens spots but it also leaves holes in a roster that's designed to compete.

La Stella was a huge competent of our offensive success this year, but trading him would open a spot for Thaiss who looks solid. So it's a tradeoff. And the validity of it is largely dependent upon the return La Stella would bring, which we aren't sure of. We might he better be off keeping him. And with Pujols, I feel like the leadership he provides in the clubhouse means as much as the in the field product. I'll say this for him, the skill set is clearly declining, but he's done a solid job when runners are in scoring position and you need that in the bottom of the lineup. I still think he should be a reserve though. But if Pujols weren't here, that role could go to Walsh, who also helps in the bullpen. The bat clearly plays up. Even in his sporadic at bats you could tell Walsh could hit at the top level if given the opportunity. And the pitching isn't a gimmick, he's a legit Lefty.

Edited by Second Base

44 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

he's one of the 5 youngest players in the AZL right now and I think he was the youngest player drafted this year at 17.  Most of the other guys his age have already been playing pro ball for a year.  

This doesn't make sense to me

Seriously though, come September, this team needs to start preparing for 2020.  Calhoun has hit for power, but let Goodwin, Walsh, Ward and Hermosillo battle it out for 4th outfielder next year.  I'm not recommending promoting Adell because he doesn't need to occupy a roster spot all winter, particularly with a Rule 5 crunch incoming.  Don't delay his clock, but let him start his major league career after Spring Training next year, that's all.  Set Albert down on the bench and let him mentor the kids.  Let Walsh, Ward and Thaiss play 1B.  I know Tommy La Stella wants to get back out there, but rest him up and let Thaiss, Fletcher and Rengifo play everyday.  I'd like to see this as a typical September lineup. 

SS Fletcher, CF Trout, DH Ohtani, LF Upton, 3B Thaiss, 1B Walsh, RF Ward, 2B Rengifo, C Stassi. 

1 hour ago, Angelsjunky said:

Adell with 2 hits so far tonight, including a double.

Walsh hit #29. His AAA line is now .329/.434/.681 in 80 games...he must be thinking, "What more can I possibly do?"

He ended up with a single, double, two walks and 3 runs scored. Exactly what you want from a leadoff hitter.

13 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

When do you guys think it's time to let Rojas have a shot at 2B and send Rengifo down to work on leading off, getting on base and stealing bases while working on SS possibly to see if he works there defensively in case we can get a nice return for Simba?

Now, but they won’t.

Oliver Ortega was called up to Mobile. This guy can see himself on a few top 10 prospect lists from our organization with the year he has been having. 

94.1 IP,  121 K,  3.34 ERA,  1.23 WHIP,  .198 AVG against

Glaser has been high on him all year and is apparently sitting in the mid 90's this season with a plus curve after apparently working around 90-92 last year.