• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Taylor Ward is hitting .390 in Salt Lake

Scott34

Just now, Stradling said:

Fletcher very well could be the future, not sure why you have chosen to write him off already.  He will be a 2nd baseman, or at worst a utility guy.  

in today's MLB where half the qualified hitters hit over 20HRs it's kind of hard to see a guy with as little pop as Fletcher being a starting player for a playoff team. His OPS is below 700 and his stats in the minors before this year are scary. He's a good fielding Giavotella unless he can get his OBP near 350. He'll never be a guy that hits for over 400 SLG. He's organizational depth and a UTIL infielder.

Quote to live by in MLB for hitters:

“You can’t slug by hitting balls on the ground,” Turner said. “You have to get the ball in the air if you want to slug, and guys who slug stick around, and guys who don’t, don’t.”

I want to believe, but unfortunately I don’t. Not yet, anyway.

That said, I agree with the Dawg. Every prospect has a number of shitty major league at bats they have to get through before they adjust. Given that this year is basically done, and that Valbuena, Kinsler and Marte have no place in the lineup of 2019 and beyond, AND Pujols is injured...players like Ward, Fletcher, and Fernandez, and soon Thaiss, should be given those “adjustment are bats” so they have a better chance of contributing next year.

Even if the Angels sneak their way back into the wildcard hunt, some of these guys might be ready to outperform the Seasoned Veterans.

In other words, play the kids and let the clock be damned.

2 hours ago, fan_since79 said:

Speaking of catchers, what the hell happened to Rene Rivera??

Is he gone?

he went to bixby knolls for the weekend and melted from the heat. he's recovering quietly now.

59 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

That said, I agree with the Dawg. Every prospect has a number of shitty major league at bats they have to get through before they adjust. Given that this year is basically done, and that Valbuena, Kinsler and Marte have no place in the lineup of 2019 and beyond, AND Pujols is injured...players like Ward, Fletcher, and Fernandez, and soon Thaiss, should be given those “adjustment are bats” so they have a better chance of contributing next year.

Even if the Angels sneak their way back into the wildcard hunt, some of these guys might be ready to outperform the Seasoned Veterans.

i agree. 

start playing for next year. do what you can this year (who knows what might happen), but i'd really like to see the kids come up now so that they can get their growing pains out of the way now and hit the ground running next year.

21 hours ago, Angelsjunky said:

Exactly.

Adell is looking like he'll be a very good player. Its one thing to hold off on a guy like that. But guys like Ward arent really going to be organization centerpieces anyway. I dont know enough about him (other than he came out of nowhere this year), but i think best case scenario for him and guys like him is calhoun. Good years, bad years and in between.

If we call these guys up and have to pay them or lose them a year earlier....SIX years from now...i wont lose any sleep, nor will the org.

Again, different story with a guy like adell. Not so much a ward type.