• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Mariners are 33-20. Is Dipoto smart again?

3 hours ago, Ender said:

We've been winning those 1 run games because our bullpen has been amazing honestly.

https://mobile.twitter.com/GaryHillJr/status/1001233784228872192?s=19

I mean I get why you guys are so hung up on dipoto but I really don't understand why you guys have so many Mariner topics or hate us so much more than other teams here.

You ever read Lookout Landing?   This place is tame compared to the amount of vitriol Mariner fans aim at the Angels...    

Just now, Angel Oracle said:

Amazing what losing out on Ohtani does to a fanbase

It goes waaaay back.   

Jeff Sullivan's hate and outright hostility toward the Angels when he was the lead guy at LL was borderline comical.  Derek Zumsteg was another noted Angel hater over at USS Mariner and before that on Usernet.

Honestly, it's what you'd expect from opposing fans....  At least every comment here doesn't start with $%*@ the M's.    

5 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

It goes waaaay back.   

Jeff Sullivan's hate and outright hostility toward the Angels when he was the lead guy at LL was borderline comical.  Derek Zumsteg was another noted Angel hater over at USS Mariner and before that on Usernet.

Honestly, it's what you'd expect from opposing fans....  At least every comment here doesn't start with $%*@ the M's.    

I only reserve that for ONE FO Mariner; and always will, even after the M's eventually can him, or he quits like a p*ssy again, two years down the road.

Hey, can we blackmail the Astros into firing Luhnow and hiring Dip*ssy?

1 minute ago, Inside Pitch said:

It goes waaaay back.   

Maybe it should...

2 hours ago, The Boogie Man said:

I am assuming the Mariners do it exactly like the Angels where a coach gets on the phone to talk to the replay coach, the replay coach determines whether or not to challenge based on video evidence.  Then that replay coach tells bench coach to challenge or not to challenge.  I find it funny that fans of all teams blame the manager for not challenging something that a guy looking at replays that we don’t see in real time tells him not to challenge.  It’s that kind of fan logic I find to be incredibly stupid.  But all fan bases do it.  

https://mediadownloads.mlb.com/mlbam/mp4/2018/05/12/2035614683/1526162258693/asset_2500K.mp4

It was this one. It was actually Manny Acta. Out by a mile and not even close .... not challenged. Ended up being the game.

Would have been the 3rd out, 2 run HR hit right after this. Mariners lost by 1 in the end. Lost 3 to 4 instead of winning 3 to 1 ... (in a perfect world).

43 minutes ago, Ender said:

https://mediadownloads.mlb.com/mlbam/mp4/2018/05/12/2035614683/1526162258693/asset_2500K.mp4

It was this one. It was actually Manny Acta. Out by a mile and not even close .... not challenged. Ended up being the game.

Would have been the 3rd out, 2 run HR hit right after this. Mariners lost by 1 in the end. Lost 3 to 4 instead of winning 3 to 1 ... (in a perfect world).

So the manager on Seattle decides on the field to challenge?   They don’t call up to a replay guy?   If that’s the case then Jerry is an idiot for not having a guy looking at replays.   

2 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Why are the Halos playing their first 9 games vs the M's at Seattle, and then the next 10 games vs the M's at home?

Hey MLB schedule maker, meth is bad for you!

I don't mind that at all.  I would prefer it in a perfect world.  

7 hours ago, The Boogie Man said:

Here is what I will say to that.  If you want to go back to 2012 and fire Sosh, go for it.  He had a complete team that didn’t make the playoffs.  Since then, no.   

The pen is 2012 was dogshit. And the SP staff fell off a cliff. It was Weaver, a pretty decent but still a let down CJ wilson, then a pretty brutal Haren and Santana.

The last part and the pen killed that season. If Haren and Santana repeated their 11s, or just norms, we wouldnt have needed to trade for Grienke, we could have targetted the pen pieces Texas did that deadline.

People forget Frieri was our best reliever that year. Frieri. And we had to trade for him early that year, because as it turned out, isringhausen and hawkins werent any good.

7 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

You ever read Lookout Landing?   This place is tame compared to the amount of vitriol Mariner fans aim at the Angels...    

Why the hell would I read that board?  Might as well read the Cleveland Browns board. 

2 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

The pen is 2012 was dogshit. And the SP staff fell off a cliff. It was Weaver, a pretty decent but still a let down CJ wilson, then a pretty brutal Haren and Santana.

The last part and the pen killed that season. If Haren and Santana repeated their 11s, or just norms, we wouldnt have needed to trade for Grienke, we could have targetted the pen pieces Texas did that deadline.

People forget Frieri was our best reliever that year. Frieri. And we had to trade for him early that year, because as it turned out, isringhausen and hawkins werent any good.

In all fairness I do blame Scioscia for the poor start.  They were trying to postponed too many guys and I believe that effected their offensive rythmn.

Maybe its because Trumbo was so bad at 3b, but we had way too many outfielders and Scioscia tried to play everyone.  

We played better after dumping Wells and Abreau and bringing up Trout.

11 hours ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

Haniger .280 .369 .527 .896

Segura .324 .341 .465 .806

That's debatable but i'll give you the benefit of the doubt if you watch their games more. I admittedly do not. I just have Haniger in Fantasy lol.

It's definitely debatable. But Segura is a .320 hitter at SS with solid defense. The only reason people don't bring up Dipoto trading him for half a season of greinke more often is because Eppler got us Simmons (Thank God).

The only SS in the league that are better than Segura right now are probably Correa, Lindor, Simmons, Seager, Machado. Him and Boegarts are next.

Dipoto made a terrible move trading him the first time and then rectified it big time with Seattle