• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Mariners are 33-20. Is Dipoto smart again?

19 minutes ago, The Boogie Man said:

Their record is better because they are performing better and they have played a very weak schedule.  Remember when we were beating the Royals and the Rangers?  Yea, that has been their schedule for the most part this year.  

I understand that, but nobody on that roster comes close to the talent the angels have. Haniger is probably their best player. They play in the same division, and while they haven't faced the Yankees and sox as much, the angels still got dumped on by the rays and a few other winnable series...

yes the players need to perform, but the other teams have no magical button to fix bad players either. So why the excuses?

1 minute ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

I understand that, but nobody on that roster comes close to the talent the angels have. Haniger is probably their best player. They play in the same division, and while they haven't faced the Yankees and sox as much, the angels still got dumped on by the rays and a few other winnable series...

yes the players need to perform, but the other teams have no magical button to fix bad players either. So why the excuses?

I’ll admit I haven’t looked at their stats but I’m guessing their RF, 2nd, 3rd and probably 1st baseman have all been better.   Plus they have a better pen.   Not sure where my excuse is.   So, when we end the year with a better record than them, you’ll have to ask the Mariner fans about why they choked.

25 minutes ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

Actually Jean segura (former Halo) is their best player 

2 hours ago, JustATroutFan said:

Mariners have played a soft schedule and have had a lot of luck go their way. Their record in 1 run games says it all. I mean, when was the last time that you see the Mariners not blowing away games?

We've been winning those 1 run games because our bullpen has been amazing honestly.

https://mobile.twitter.com/GaryHillJr/status/1001233784228872192?s=19

I mean I get why you guys are so hung up on dipoto but I really don't understand why you guys have so many Mariner topics or hate us so much more than other teams here.

9 minutes ago, Ender said:

We've been winning those 1 run games because our bullpen has been amazing honestly.

I mean I get why you guys are so hung up on dipoto but I really don't understand why you guys have so many Mariner topics or hate us so much more than other teams here.

The Dipotos topics are because your team is ahead of ours in the standings. Wait till Oakland passes us and the place will go batshit.

13 minutes ago, Ender said:

We have so many topics on Dipoto because he F'd up our franchise by signing one poor contract after another and traded away our farm.

44 minutes ago, The Boogie Man said:

I’ll admit I haven’t looked at their stats but I’m guessing their RF, 2nd, 3rd and probably 1st baseman have all been better.   Plus they have a better pen.   Not sure where my excuse is.   So, when we end the year with a better record than them, you’ll have to ask the Mariner fans about why they choked.

Not saying you made one, i'm speaking in generalities. In past years the excuse was injuries...this year (knock on wood) there have been no crucial injuries so far. I agree I think that at the end of the year things could and should balance themselves out, but were already a 1/3 of the way through and this is generally when good teams start hitting their stride and start pulling away or falling behind...right now were in a tailspin.

1 minute ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

Not saying you made one, i'm speaking in generalities. In past years the excuse was injuries...this year (knock on wood) there have been no crucial injuries so far. I agree I think that at the end of the year things could and should balance themselves out, but were already a 1/3 of the way through and this is generally when good teams start hitting their stride and start pulling away or falling behind...right now were in a tailspin.

I think it would help you to understand the difference between reason and excuse.   

28 minutes ago, GrittyVeterans said:

Actually Jean segura (former Halo) is their best player 

Haniger .280 .369 .527 .896

Segura .324 .341 .465 .806

That's debatable but i'll give you the benefit of the doubt if you watch their games more. I admittedly do not. I just have Haniger in Fantasy lol.

1 minute ago, The Boogie Man said:

I think it would help you to understand the difference between reason and excuse.   

Oh I understand the difference, but all teams have issues...the angels seem to rely on one reason or another for not making changes. To me that's an excuse not a reason. IMO Scioscia should have been canned 3 years ago based on his performances but injuries have given him an out. "How can he do better when all of his players are hurt, suck, don't perform, Hamilton, etc....It seems to be never ending as to the reasons why they haven't won a playoff game in 8 years but no amount of changes to the roster have done anything about it. that's quite a disturbing trend.

25 minutes ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

Oh I understand the difference, but all teams have issues...the angels seem to rely on one reason or another for not making changes. To me that's an excuse not a reason. IMO Scioscia should have been canned 3 years ago based on his performances but injuries have given him an out. "How can he do better when all of his players are hurt, suck, don't perform, Hamilton, etc....It seems to be never ending as to the reasons why they haven't won a playoff game in 8 years but no amount of changes to the roster have done anything about it. that's quite a disturbing trend.

Here is what I will say to that.  If you want to go back to 2012 and fire Sosh, go for it.  He had a complete team that didn’t make the playoffs.  Since then, no.  If less talent than the teams that finish ahead of you is an excuse, then ok he has an excuse.  If flawed rosters full of one dimensional players is an excuse, then I guess it is an excuse.  We can go year to year and you and I can go back and forth about it.  Bottom line is when you have bad players you don’t win.  Scioscia wasn’t as good as his record when he had a shut down bullpen in the early 2000’s and he isn’t as bad as the performance of his teams with bad rosters.  

44 minutes ago, Homebrewer said:

I think the Mariners playing well says more about Scott Servais (another ex Angel FO guy) than it does about Jedi.

I dunno. We've lost 3 games purely on Scott doing boneheaded things. Like not challenging obvious outs at home plate in time (though that may have been when Scott was ejected) and other things.

A lot of us in the Mariner fanbase do not enjoy Scott.

13 minutes ago, Ender said:

I dunno. We've lost 3 games purely on Scott doing boneheaded things. Like not challenging obvious outs at home plate in time (though that may have been when Scott was ejected) and other things.

trade ya

34 minutes ago, Ender said:

I am assuming the Mariners do it exactly like the Angels where a coach gets on the phone to talk to the replay coach, the replay coach determines whether or not to challenge based on video evidence.  Then that replay coach tells bench coach to challenge or not to challenge.  I find it funny that fans of all teams blame the manager for not challenging something that a guy looking at replays that we don’t see in real time tells him not to challenge.  It’s that kind of fan logic I find to be incredibly stupid.  But all fan bases do it.