• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

It's time...

Chuck

6 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

baseball is a game of adjustments and options.  You don't have to rest on your laurels.  Just because Ian Kinsler was incredible 3 years ago, doesn't mean you can't let an up and coming prospect take some of his at bats.  It's not like you'd be replacing him with a retread scrub.  

We're not used to having legit replacements and maybe the ones we have aren't, but let find out.  could it be much worse?  

That’s where teams like the Yankees have a huge advantage over us. They have players waiting to be called up that they don’t even have room for. They’re going to have to cut or send down players that are more productive than some of our starters. 

1 hour ago, OHTANILAND said:

That’s where teams like the Yankees have a huge advantage over us. They have players waiting to be called up that they don’t even have room for. They’re going to have to cut or send down players that are more productive than some of our starters. 

for the first time in a long time, the halos and yankees have players in waiting.  I know you are basing this on your own narrative, but our farm matches up fairly well.  

Their core of 27/28 and under is Sanchez, Torres, Andujar, Judge, Severino, Jordan Montgomery, Chad Green, Chasen Shreeve, Frazier, Stanton with 4 top 100 prospects not on the major league roster.  With additional 1yr control in 2019 over Gregorious, Gray, Betances, Hicks

Long term commits to Stanton, Ellsbury, Chapman 

Halos core of 27/28 and under are Simmons, Trout, Ohtani, Hermosillo, Skaggs, Ohtani (yes, I counted him twice), Heaney, Tropeano, Barria, Anderson, Ramirez.  Middleton and Meyer would have been in that group if not for injury.  

with 4 top 100 prospects in the top 100.  

Long term commits to Pujols, Upton.  

Yanks have the edge overall, but halos have the SP advantage.  

In 2 years or less, we'll have the edge.  I know that will bum you out, but it's true.  

3 hours ago, stormngt said:

They can give Kinsler more time.  Cozart has a multi year contract, they will give him another.

Although I would agree with you they haven't earn their paychecks 

They can give them more time but if I was the FO or management I’d give them till all star break if nothing changes with their numbers I’d cut ties w all three. I don’t have the patience for awful. Players don’t get a pass for half the season just because they are signed. Either perform or be put on the bench and someone else will. 

Cozart was an obvious regression candidate. He's hitting at pre-2017 levels (his OPS is 2 points off his career average), which I remember most people saying they'd be fine with in the Cozart signing thread, until you actually see what kind of play that entails and then you realize it's not that great and we overpaid. But he's signed here for multiple years so he's going to play regardless. 

7 hours ago, Dochalo said:

for the first time in a long time, the halos and yankees have players in waiting.  I know you are basing this on your own narrative, but our farm matches up fairly well.  

Their core of 27/28 and under is Sanchez, Torres, Andujar, Judge, Severino, Jordan Montgomery, Chad Green, Chasen Shreeve, Frazier, Stanton with 4 top 100 prospects not on the major league roster.  With additional 1yr control in 2019 over Gregorious, Gray, Betances, Hicks

Long term commits to Stanton, Ellsbury, Chapman 

Halos core of 27/28 and under are Simmons, Trout, Ohtani, Hermosillo, Skaggs, Ohtani (yes, I counted him twice), Heaney, Tropeano, Barria, Anderson, Ramirez.  Middleton and Meyer would have been in that group if not for injury.  

with 4 top 100 prospects in the top 100.  

Long term commits to Pujols, Upton.  

Yanks have the edge overall, but halos have the SP advantage.  

In 2 years or less, we'll have the edge.  I know that will bum you out, but it's true.  

You didn’t mention Drury, Austin or Bird. 

4 minutes ago, DMVol said:

You can get him in a few weeks.  Zero chance KC doesn't trade him at the deadline...

Yep and not only will he be affordable but I think they will do him a solid and trade him somewhere he’d like to go. 

Don’t get me wrong, I love the future for the team.

It’s just this holding pattern like year that is emerging, that is frustrating.

But I guess it shouldn’t be that hard to be patient.   At least end this stupid 13-19 slump!

Are they EVER going to face any bad teams again?   Playing 29 of the past 32 games against at least solid enough teams is admittedly a big challenge for a team with lineup and bullpen holes.

19 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

But I guess it shouldn’t be that hard to be patient.   At least end this stupid 13-19 slump!

Are they EVER going to face any bad teams again?   Playing 29 of the past 32 games against at least solid enough teams is admittedly a big challenge for a team with lineup and bullpen holes.

Why do people act like the other teams have no holes or question marks? Tampa is one giant hole and we managed 1 win. It has nothing to do with the competition. Few teams have more all around talent on the roster than the Angels, there are no more excuses. Time to win ballgames or find someone new who can do more with what we have.

1 hour ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

If you're an Administrator.

It's do as I say and not as I do here.  Personally, I'd rather watch a winner than listen to one.

22 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

It's cool, I hear you man.  I know as fans, we're super invested in our team, and we just gotta vent sometimes.  I'm frustrated too.  After we started 13-3, my hopes for this team changed.  Fast forward a little over a month later, and yeah, it's not looking good now.  It sucks, because the 2000s and the Vladdy days in which we were the AL West powerhouses year in and year out are so far into the past now.

Still, that said, when I do feel discouraged watching us lose right now, I do try to keep in mind that we're in good hands now and we are building something special.  I know it's hard to remember that during these times, especially when we see some of our recent acquisitions (like Kinsler, Cozart, etc) struggle, as it makes it feel like more of the same.  Still, these guys aren't signed to back-breaking Pujols/Hamilton-esque deals, we have some financial wiggle room upcoming, and we have something we have not had in a long time - a lot of young, talented guys who are progressing and just about ready to begin their MLB careers.  

We still have Trout + Simmons locked up for the next two years beyond this one, and Ohtani for 5 more years at a bargain basement price.  Imagine a few of those prospects (Canning, Suarez, Fletcher, etc) joining those two starting next year, and imagine us going out and signing a significant piece this offseason, and you can see how there's definitely room for optimism.  

6 hours ago, Kevinb said:

They can give them more time but if I was the FO or management I’d give them till all star break if nothing changes with their numbers I’d cut ties w all three. I don’t have the patience for awful. Players don’t get a pass for half the season just because they are signed. Either perform or be put on the bench and someone else will. 

If you were a GM you better hope you have an owner with unlimited funds because you would be paying a lot of players a lot of money NOT TO PLAY FOR YOU.