• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

It's time...

Chuck

10 hours ago, stormngt said:

They can give Kinsler more time.  Cozart has a multi year contract, they will give him another.

Although I would agree with you they haven't earn their paychecks 

Kinsler in the leadoff spot hitting before Trout is just plain insane.

Get him out of there immediately. Drop him to 7th, where his career numbers are best. Cozart leads off, Simmons bats second, and Pujols is dropped to 5th or 6th. Bring up Cowart, sure why not? Shake things up, do something! This same old, same old night after night is almost too much to take. We could really be messed up after this road trip. 

Edited by fan_since79

2 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

Kinsler in the leadoff spot is just plain insane.

Get him out of there immediately. Drop him to 7th, where his career numbers are best. Cozart leads off, Simmons bats second, and Pujols is dropped to 5th or 6th. Bring up Cowart, sure why not? Shake things up, do something! This same old, same old night after night is almost too much to take. We could really be messed up after this road trip. 

Its the very definition of insanity. Same story different year. I'm sure we'll figure it out with 2 weeks left in the season when we trail by 3 games for the 2nd wild card.

Honestly, I think it will soon be time to get Kinsler off our field.

I'm OK with giving the Cowarts and Fontanas of the world some time in the majors. It would be hard for them to not produce as well as Kinsler (even though I've never been a fan of Cowart's--other than his defense).

Hell, if Cowart can play third and hit a bit, we may be able to move Cozart to second, where his bat will play.

And I don't think it does any good to have Hermosillo earning a major league paycheck while riding the bench. He'll probably never amount to much, but if he is with the Angels instead of the Bees, play him, at least as a time share with Calhoun, until he shows whether he can stick and/or Calhoun wakes up from whatever nightmare he's experiencing.

We still have time to see if some of these kids can play before we have to start contemplating some larger moves as the trade deadline nears.

However, I believe the larger problem is the bullpen. Who can we trust? Parker, maybe?

We need to get some solid BP arms, stat. Middleton's injury really hurt.

Other than that, as Chuck said, F*ck these Facking fuckers.

35 minutes ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

Why do people act like the other teams have no holes or question marks? Tampa is one giant hole and we managed 1 win. It has nothing to do with the competition. Few teams have more all around talent on the roster than the Angels, there are no more excuses. Time to win ballgames or find someone new who can do more with what we have.

29 of the past 32 games were against teams ranging from great to solid enough (worst record being just 2 games under .500), with 5 more on this road trip.

It would nice sometime to actually play Texas, Detroit, Kansas City, the O’s or the ChiSox again.   Only 9 games so far collectively against those teams!!!!

11 hours ago, GrittyVeterans said:

Cowart is 25 years old so it's sink or swim time for him. When he was 23 it was a different story, but it's Time to find out if he has a future as a role player on this team and the only way to do that is to call him up and have him play a few times a week and see how he does.  I believe he's rule 5 eligible at the end of the year (but I could be wrong). Who cares about his service time? That's the last thing you should be concerned about with a player like Cowart

I do feel he would bring more to the team than a hole like Valbuena

I actually like Valbuena and as a part-timer I don't think he's the main problem. The problems are Cozart, Kinsler and Calhoun, the K club.

46 minutes ago, Torridd said:

I know Young screwed up with the error and those things happen, but when you only get two runs off of Happ there's a problem. The lineup has to be shaken up. We can't even complain about the bullpen any more since we hardly get leads.

You mean the ever rotating of players in the lineup every single day? What we need is to actually set the lineup with the proper players in the proper spots and stop messing with it. Kinsler has no place leading off on this team. Pujols has no reason to be hitting 4th. Contending teams don't do stupid things like that day after day.

2 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

29 of the past 32 games were against teams ranging from great to solid enough (worst record being just 2 games under .500), with 5 more on this road trip.

It would nice sometime to actually play Texas, Detroit, and the ChiSox!!!!!!!

Most of those teams were never expected to contend this year. They are simply playing better baseball. Being that they don't have better talent than the Angels that leads me to believe its management. Eppler needs to get more aggressive and Scioscia needs to stop shitting the bed as a lame duck.

49 minutes ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

Why do people act like the other teams have no holes or question marks? Tampa is one giant hole and we managed 1 win. It has nothing to do with the competition. Few teams have more all around talent on the roster than the Angels, there are no more excuses. Time to win ballgames or find someone new who can do more with what we have.

True. It's just this funk we're going through now.

29 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

Kinsler in the leadoff spot hitting before Trout is just plain insane.

Should Cozart lead off?

This is why it was so great for the Angels to get off to a great start. They built up a surplus of wins. Hopefully it means when they hit their typical July hot streak they'll be 3-5 games over .500 rather than 10-12 games under. This is all part of the typical Angels season.

They need to add a few arms to the pen. 

#makeRichardstheCloser

3 minutes ago, Troll Daddy said:

It’s not even close to panic time. The team is still 4 games over .500 baseball. I’m in favor of riding the storm out for now. Finding another bullpen arm ASAP would be my top priority. 

We could experience a magnitude 12.8 earth quake in Anaheim and get atomic bombed by North Korea at the same exact time and you would still say it's not even close to panic time. Just add a bullpen guy and we're good.

1 minute ago, zenmaster said:

We are so close!

We just need these small things:

1. Pujols to retire

a. Find replacement for Pujols

2. Replace Kinsler

3. Replace Cozart

4. Replace Calhoun

5. Add 2-3 relievers (for 7-8th innings)

6. Add a closer

That's it. It's simple. Get on it Eppler.

You left off a replacement for someone to actually use all of these said replacements properly.

8 minutes ago, zenmaster said:

We are so close!

We just need these small things:

1. Pujols to retire

a. Find replacement for Pujols

2. Replace Kinsler

3. Replace Cozart

4. Replace Calhoun

5. Add 2-3 relievers (for 7-8th innings)

6. Add a closer

That's it. It's simple. Get on it Eppler.

Pujols needs to keep working so that he can keep contributing to his 401K.

Kinsler makes me miss Giovatella and that's sad

Cozart isn't being an ass - he just owns one thanks to Joey Votto.  Maybe AP can buy him a farm animal if he starts to play better.

Calhoun and Kinsler made a pact  - that the Sun DEVILS would be the demise of the ANGELS.

We don't need relievers - we need pitchers who can throw complete games.  They're a dime a dozen.

Kyra Sedgwick come on down

27 minutes ago, Troll Daddy said:

It’s not even close to panic time. The team is still 4 games over .500 baseball. I’m in favor of riding the storm out for now. Finding another bullpen arm ASAP would be my top priority. 

4.5 games behind Houston which is starting to hit on all cylinders.

2.5 games behind Seattle for the 2nd wild card.

1 game ahead of Oakland for 4th place.

Getting closer to panic time.

6 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

4.5 games behind Houston which is starting to hit on all cylinders.

2.5 games behind Seattle for the 2nd wild card.

1 game ahead of Oakland for 4th place.

Getting closer to panic time.

Nearly 1/3 of the way through the season...its put up or shut up time. We need to turn some pages and have some players only meetings in a hurry otherwise we'll be finding ourselves in some serious doodoo.