• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

ESPN: Mike Trout is on pace for the greatest season in MLB history

4 minutes ago, OHTANILAND said:

I’m not going there. I want him to get extended ASAP. With that being said, the longer they wait, it’s more likely that we will lose him to free agency. I’m pretty sure that the people close to him will give him the long term advise that will help him decide. He knows who he is and he knows what he’s worth. 

I doubt Trout entertains any thoughts of a long-term extension until he sees what Machado and Harper sign for this offseason.  

3 hours ago, True Grich said:

I often shake my head in amazement when he does things on the field... I really don't take it for granted.  I know I'm watching someone very, very special.  I just don't understand WAR and even though this stat adds to Trout's legacy and value - it's hard for me to get excited about it because it's not something I can understand with my eyes as it is happening.  Does that make sense? 

I don't think many but those with truly no life, or those paid to be pro stat guys, or Ettin knows really what WAR is.  But to me, I think Sam Miller put the WAR perspective perfectly in the first paragraph. 

The greatest season in major league history, according to Baseball-Reference.com's wins above replacement, was Babe Ruth's 1923. That's probably not the Babe Ruth season you're thinking of: not the one in which he became a two-way star (8.0 WAR) or the one in which he outhomered 10 teams (9.9) or the one in which he nearly doubled the single-season home run record (11.9) or the one in which he set the single-season home run mark that would last until Roger Maris (12.4) or the one in which he set a record for total bases that still stands today (12.9). That last one, that's the second-greatest season in major league history, according to WAR, and the 60 homers were the fourth-greatest. Ruth seasons also rank seventh, 10th and 12th among all offensive seasons.

11 minutes ago, SuperTroopers said:

I am sure Albert is telling him to stay here, because I am sure deep down Albert wishes he stayed in St Louis.  

It would be a tragic day in Angels Baseball to see him play for someone else. That being said, I would rather trade him than lose him for nothing if he openly says he wants to play elsewhere. Hope that doesn’t happen but with family, friends and his agent you just never know what could influence a guy. 

I always remember that his agent clearly said that they were comfortable with the years of his current deal so that could mean a lot of things. 

17 minutes ago, mulwin444 said:

I doubt Trout entertains any thoughts of a long-term extension until he sees what Machado and Harper sign for this offseason.  

He could also ignore them and set the bar himself with contract language that guarantees that he will always match the highest paid player plus a dollar. 

4 hours ago, OHTANILAND said:

Mike Trout is carrying this team and has been for years. I can name 29 other teams that would love to have unclutch Trout in their lineup. 

False. I'd say Justin Upton is carrying the team currently. Which isn't a knock on Trout but just praise for how damn crazy Upton has been in May. 

2 minutes ago, HaloCory22 said:

False. I'd say Justin Upton is carrying the team currently. Which isn't a knock on Trout but just praise for how damn crazy Upton has been in May. 

I agree with everything you've said but...  to be fair, Upton is feasting on what Trout is setting up for him.   

May

M Trout .313/.500/.583
J Upton .306/.353/.677

Slumping Trout has an OPS  50 points higher than streaking Upton.

10 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

I agree with everything you've said but...  to be fair, Upton is feasting on what Trout is setting up for him.   

May

M Trout .313/.500/.583
J Upton .306/.353/.677

My God that's hilariously awesome.

20 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

May

M Trout .313/.500/.583
J Upton .306/.353/.677

Trout had a hot start in May. The slump is over the last 7 games where he has one single.

Upton’s got 3 HRs and .593 SLG the last 7 games.

5 hours ago, SuperTroopers said:

If he becomes available.  We should put a wager on it Claude.  If he resigns with the Angels, a year long ban for you.  If he signs with the Yankees, I will ban myself for a year.  No name changing, nothing, a real year off from posting.  

Is there any way you can make the bet so that both of you are banned for a year???

the grinch smiling GIF

10 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

Familiarity breeds contempt.   

Obviously you don't think he sucks, but Angel fans have become so accustomed to his consistent greatness that anything other than perfection is considered "meh".

We have all done it.

Agreed. Im just as guilty.

You already know hes god, so you dont get as excited anymore when he is god. And you ask wtf when he isnt god.

I mentioned a week or so ago that only the super statty types are going to notice all his adjustments. Normal fan is going to see his average and home run totals, and say "thats great, but plenty of guys have hit .300 and 40 home runs."

7 hours ago, mulwin444 said:

Honestly, i dont think thats it. Trout isnt so much "that guy". Hes happy here, and will stay for fair price....his decision is going to come down to winning.

Thats why the farm is so important, IMO. If we look to be a contending team into his next contract, thats going to be more important than money.

Id be curious how he sees pujols' money. Theyre good friends...but i wonder if he and the other guys are getting bitter...like "we need that money for other things".