• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

ESPN: Mike Trout is on pace for the greatest season in MLB history

4 minutes ago, BackUpTheTruck said:

Not dumbass, a little sarcasm with no mal-intentions.  If a team like the Phillies would pay a King's Ransom for Trout, I would take them up on that. 

You can't put all of your eggs in one basket, especially for a position player.  That is what makes the Pujols contract unfavorable the way he is performing. Not saying the Angels were stupid to sign Pujols, he is a hall of famer,  but the Angels gambled and lost.

No sarcasm here, being very serious.

We aren’t putting all of our eggs in one basket.  We will put you on the short list of people on here that are in the trade Trout camp.  There probably isn’t a single team with the prospects needed to get Trout and that would give value to the Angels.  

1 hour ago, SuperTroopers said:

And none of this carrying the team shit holds water.  It’ll be another narrative that is just something you feel the need to talk about.  Baseball is an individual team sport.  He isn’t playing multiple positions, he isn’t batting more than other batters, when he’s on base he isn’t running more than other guys with speed.  He’s had some poor at bats, those are on him and not some mythical “he’s carrying the team”.  If so I’m sure you’ll have the same narrative for Upton during his next slump since he’s been carrying the team for a few weeks now.  

“He’s had some poor at bats, those are on him .”

Yep he’s a big time fail. He should pack his bags and leave his shameful baseball career behind. 

Stradling you of all people taking the time to point out that Trout is human. 

3AE65A80-6F85-4A74-B415-4F6B236D7530.gif

1 minute ago, OHTANILAND said:

“He’s had some poor at bats, those are on him .”

Yep he’s a big time fail. He should pack his bags and leave his shameful baseball career behind. 

Stradling you of all people taking the time to point out that Trout is human. 

3AE65A80-6F85-4A74-B415-4F6B236D7530.gif

Your inability to understand points is astonishing.  I am sure you thought his check swing in a big point in the game last night was a good at bat.  I am sure if Upton or Albert did that you wouldn’t have said a damn thing.  My point through all of this is your narrative of “he’s carrying the team” is just another in a long line of very dumb stuff you litter this board with.  

26 minutes ago, SuperTroopers said:

We aren’t putting all of our eggs in one basket.  We will put you on the short list of people on here that are in the trade Trout camp.  There probably isn’t a single team with the prospects needed to get Trout and that would give value to the Angels.  

You’re forgetting a few things here. Trout has the exclusive authority to approve the team he’s traded to. That’s probably an extremely short list. Any of those  teams would have to give up pretty much every top prospect in their system and probably a current front line player. They would also have to pay him an enormous amount of money to keep him. No franchise will get on their knees to do that. 

Just now, OHTANILAND said:

You’re forgetting a few things here. Trout has the exclusive authority to approve the team he’s traded to. That’s probably an extremely short list. Any of those  teams would have to give up pretty much every top prospect in their system and probably a current front line player. They would also have to pay him an enormous amount of money to keep him. No franchise will get on their knees to do that. 

I did not forget any of that.  And yes there would be teams that would do exactly that if he was put on the trade market.  

7 minutes ago, SuperTroopers said:

Your inability to understand points is astonishing.  I am sure you thought his check swing in a big point in the game last night was a good at bat.  I am sure if Upton or Albert did that you wouldn’t have said a damn thing.  My point through all of this is your narrative of “he’s carrying the team” is just another in a long line of very dumb stuff you litter this board with.  

For everything that Trout has done for this franchise you choose to pick on a few of his at bats while staying silent about Albert’s nightly circle jerk in the middle of the order. You’re as blind as the umpires apparently. 

The thing about WAR, which I like, is that it's a catch-all stat that gives value for the mundane things about baseball.  Trout is great in all aspects of the game. Even though he's not putting up Bonds/Judge-esque batting and HR numbers, he's so much better at the other aspects of baseball to give him a high WAR figure.  The article pointed to some of those mundane things that affected his WAR.  Multiply that through out a 162 game season; that's the reason why his WAR is higher than others.  Nobody remembers the fact that a player ran out a grounder to prevent a double play that extended the inning so that the next hitter can drive the run in, WAR does.

Getting back to the thread topic about Trout's season this year being the greatest in history is imo frankly absurd (of course the year isn't over by a long shot so..) and just a by product from the people that want to convince others that WAR the stat of all stats.

I mean really, I love Trout as much as anyone here (hope he plays his entire career here) and I've marveled at his greatness like most from the beginning..but the best season of all time??? I'd like to have some of the stuff those guys are smoking. This entire premise of Trout having the greatest season ever after just 43 games is just more proof that WAR ain't all it's cracked up to be.

I'm sorry, but this is nonsense.

YMMV

1 hour ago, OHTANILAND said:

For everything that Trout has done for this franchise you choose to pick on a few of his at bats while staying silent about Albert’s nightly circle jerk in the middle of the order. You’re as blind as the umpires apparently. 

Are you’re as repetitive as yourself.  Albert had two hits against Verlander last night.   See I figure I can give critical feedback because I praise the players daily.   You’re defending Trout but only to start your Trout is leaving and has control narrative.  It’s old Clod. 

1 hour ago, SuperTroopers said:

Yankees.

2 minutes ago, OHTANILAND said:

The Yankees would love to have Trout so they’ll just buy him when he becomes available. 

If he becomes available.  We should put a wager on it Claude.  If he resigns with the Angels, a year long ban for you.  If he signs with the Yankees, I will ban myself for a year.  No name changing, nothing, a real year off from posting.  

1 minute ago, SuperTroopers said:

If he becomes available.  We should put a wager on it Claude.  If he resigns with the Angels, a year long ban for you.  If he signs with the Yankees, I will ban myself for a year.  No name changing, nothing, a real year off from posting.  

I’m not going there. I want him to get extended ASAP. With that being said, the longer they wait, it’s more likely that we will lose him to free agency. I’m pretty sure that the people close to him will give him the long term advise that will help him decide. He knows who he is and he knows what he’s worth. 

3 minutes ago, OHTANILAND said:

I’m not going there. I want him to get extended ASAP. With that being said, the longer they wait, it’s more likely that we will lose him to free agency. I’m pretty sure that the people close to him will give him the long term advise that will help him decide. He knows who he is and he knows what he’s worth. 

I am sure Albert is telling him to stay here, because I am sure deep down Albert wishes he stayed in St Louis.