• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Angels vs. Twins (5/11/2018)

Chuck

25 minutes ago, SuperTroopers said:

He hit that thing on the screws

Pretty much what I’m saying to others moaning about the bats and runners left in scoring position. We had some good swings. Can’t complain about Trouts at bat there. 

3 minutes ago, stormngt said:

You quote wasnt "we can't lead the league and make the playoffs "

You quote is "we can't blow games like this"

Great teams blow games like this all time.  As one poster said its baseball .

Yes the Yankees, Astros, and Red Sox will have blown games like this.

I do agree with you that if we lead the league in blown saves we wont make the playoffs 

My quote was "This team will not make the playoffs blowing games like this as often as they are." 

If this was a one off then I would let it go, but great teams DO NOT blow games like this with regularity. The Angels now lead the league in blown saves and at least two have been the type where you turn the game off because a win should be a forgone conclusion.

we need two bullpen pieces: another lefty and one more hard thrower 96 mph+ RHP.

Scioscia only wants to use Alvarez, Anderson, Middleton and he needs other options bc Johnson/Parker/Bedrosian/Ramirez all pitch to contact and that scares him. I'm not saying our entire bullpen needs to be sub 3 ERA like ARI but we need more pieces than what we have.

14 minutes ago, stormngt said:

#Ohtani&Trout 

You can dislike my post but at least I have the balls to question moves before we know the results.  I was surprised Scioscia made the move.  I did not know if it would work out or not.  That's why I said it was an interesting move.  Unlike you I dont rely on hindsight.  You may think you a genius but you just dont have the balls to call things out before the results. 

You literally respond with hindsight responses. His decision making is bad. The outcome is irrelevant. That's why I complain in wins and losses, not just after blown saves. You are ignorant af

Snatched defeat from the jaws of victory...

But hey.. we found a store today that fills 64 oz growlers for 5 DOLLARS! It's about 10 miles down the coast, and they only have 5 taps, but, but, but..  but 5 dollar growler fills? That's 1.25 a freakin pint! ( got a Ninkasi IPA)

They also have over 300 beers in cans and bottles..

I love it here in Oregon.

https://www.facebook.com/Langlois-Market-151568248188084/

17 minutes ago, mulwin444 said:

It was a bad call bringing Anderson to start the 9th made worse by bringing in Johnson and an intentional walk.  Mike blew it, he managed terribly, it happens.  Hopefully, we can find some BP help so Mike doesn't have to think too hard in the future

Curious if it was worse bringing in Johnson, who should have pitched the 9th,

5 minutes ago, beatlesrule said:

Couldn't you tell it was clearly a joke by the emoticon?  That's my first down vote. I feel dirty now and I just got out of the shower.

If you want more downvotes just disagree with Angelsfan1984.   I’ll sjow you what I mean in a minute when he downvotes me again.  

52 minutes ago, VariousCrap said:

What is annoying as hell is Petit and Brandon Marrow could have easily been signed by the Angels in the offseason and Eppler didn't pull the trigger on either. 

Easily?  I'll bite . . . 

How do you know this? 

1 minute ago, HeavenlyHalos said:

Storm, man.... You're just wrong in this case. Intentionally walking to go-ahead run is a bad managerial decision. This is Max Keppler.... Who? Exactly.... 

Wait a second did you carefully read the conversation? I was talking about the criticism of keeping Anderson in.  This board goes from Scioscua is stupid for having a quick hook, to he is stupid for keeping a pitcher in too long. 

The issue of IBB the go ahead run was not part of the conversation. I have said in this thread and others that this loss is primarily on Scioscua because his moves backfired.