• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Angels vs. Twins (5/11/2018)

Chuck

22 minutes ago, HeavenlyHalos said:

Storm, man.... You're just wrong in this case. Intentionally walking to go-ahead run is a bad managerial decision. This is Max Keppler.... Who? Exactly.... 

Keppler? He's the guy who homered last night. 

12 minutes ago, GrittyVeterans said:

It's time to DFA Valbuena also. He has a .688 OPS, and you have Marte sitting on the bench who has been crushing the ball.

What exactly does Valbuena bring?

In his previous 25 PAs:

.381 BA 

.480/.571/1.051

Just now, Lou said:

In his previous 25 PAs:

.381 BA 

.480/.571/1.051

Previous 560: 

.212/.297/.426/.723 OPS+ 93

He's garbage. Can't defend, can't hit. I don't give a shit about a 7 game sample size. We have better options and we're going with a guy who has been worth 0 wins over a full season worth of at bats.

4 minutes ago, GrittyVeterans said:

Previous 560: 

He's garbage. Can't defend, can't hit. I don't give a shit about a 7 game sample size. We have better options and we're going with a guy who has been worth 0 wins over a full season worth of at bats.

Ok but simply put in the last 7 games we were better with him.  

11 minutes ago, VariousCrap said:

They were both available for some time and the Angels never made an offer?

How do you know we never made an offer?

How do you know that they would have accepted if we had made one?

11 minutes ago, GrittyVeterans said:

Previous 560: 

Ok, now post Marte's 2017 stats. 

26 minutes ago, SuperTroopers said:

Ok but simply put in the last 7 games we were better with him.  

I know you've been watching baseball long enough to know thet that doesn't matter moving forward...

I can find a 7 game sample size of Vernon Wells and Josh Hamilton tearing the cover off the ball with the Angels...didn't make them good

6 minutes ago, GrittyVeterans said:

Fair enough, I think that was a fluke though. I feel Valbuena has been given enough opportunities to show he's bad and won't have any sustained success. Marte has younger and shows more upside

I agree about Marte. I like him. I was merely answering your question as to why he was in the lineup, ie what does Scioscia see in him?

8 hours ago, Throwman91 said:

With a 1 run lead you DO NOT put a man on with a small chance for a double play, especially if it's the go ahead run, I don't think any other manager in baseball puts that guy on.  Scioscia was feeling lucky but it was a slap in the face to the Twins.

This is the most bothersome part of it all. It was truly inexcusable, just a flat out stupid managing decision.

19 minutes ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

You truly are as hypocritical as they come strad. 

I may come across like a hypocrite, but when I see the guys that are on your side of arguments, and I read their "body of work" on here,  I feel pretty good about my opinions.  

12 hours ago, GrittyVeterans said:

I know you've been watching baseball long enough to know thet that doesn't matter moving forward...

I can find a 7 game sample size of Vernon Wells and Josh Hamilton tearing the cover off the ball with the Angels...didn't make them good

But the real question is can you find a 7 game sample for Steve Finley?