• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Angels vs. Twins (5/11/2018)

Chuck

Just now, AngelsFaninGA said:

Relievers seem to go pretty cheap at the trade deadline/on waivers, like Nicasio last year. There are definitely solid middle relievers out there that won't cost us more than a prospect in the 20-30 range so no excuse not to fix the problem. 

The thing is, we need to fix this before July if we’re serious about chasing the division.  Can’t be blowing games like this. 

6 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

The Angels stranded a shit load of runners also.  That’s also a factor here 

However batters had excellent swings and hard hit balls tonight in those situations. Balls just went directly to the defensive man or good play. 

41 minutes ago, stormngt said:

Just want to be the first to say it's an interesting call to see if Anderson can get a 6 out save.

#Ohtani&Trout 

You can dislike my post but at least I have the balls to question moves before we know the results.  I was surprised Scioscia made the move.  I did not know if it would work out or not.  That's why I said it was an interesting move.  Unlike you I dont rely on hindsight.  You may think you a genius but you just dont have the balls to call things out before the results. 

12 minutes ago, SuperTroopers said:

Yes, plenty of times we have seen people call for this exact thing.  Maybe not you, but plenty of times we read, “why is he taking out this guy when he had such a smooth inning”

yea they have, but that's not the same thing as what Scioscia did.

if you have the 8th and 9th inning to manage:

Scioscia could have wanted Anderson to face the #1/2/3 of the order in the 8th. Some would disagree/agree but it is understandable. But you have to have someone else for the 9th. 

He threw 15 pitches facing 3 batters in the 8th, so if just one runner got on in the 9th he would have needed around 40 pitches IF he could even get the full 6 outs without laboring further.

His plan could have been to ride Anderson but pull him immediately if he gave up a BB/hit which is a strategy we've seen other managers do, but he left him in even after the HR which tells me that wasn't the plan and he was hoping he'd go the distance. So Johnson is forced to come in with two runners on, not his fault whatsoever. He should have been given a clean 9th to start with or at the minimum coming in after the HR considering Anderson was already at 20+ pitches with multiple outs still to go.

Just now, UndertheHalo said:

Doesn’t matter.  It’s not a hit.  Weak bitch hits just beat us. 

All you can expect from a batter is a good at bat. Other than that can’t shift blame or get pissed at anyone. Wasn’t the weak bitch hits that beat us, it was the horrid pitching choices and the dumb intentional walk. 

Justin Anderson is better then Jim Johnson.  No issue imo with him coming out in the 9th.  Unfortunate that we went with the IBB and it didn’t work but if Johnson couldn’t retire his batter there why do we feel like he would have got the 3 outs ?  Managers go with matchups for good reasons that keyboard warriors here have no insight on. It always easy to talk about panicked managers in hindsight.  My guess is that most other managers do the same thing.  The difference is in whether you bring Anderson out again.  Imo, not a terrible decision generally.

Edited by UndertheHalo

6 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Maybe you are right. When was the last time a team lead the league in blown saves and made the playoffs?

You quote wasnt "we can't lead the league and make the playoffs "

You quote is "we can't blow games like this"

Great teams blow games like this all time.  As one poster said its baseball .

Yes the Yankees, Astros, and Red Sox will have blown games like this.

I do agree with you that if we lead the league in blown saves we wont make the playoffs 

6 minutes ago, Throwman91 said:

With a 1 run lead you DO NOT put a man on with a small chance for a double play, especially if it's the go ahead run, I don't think any other manager in baseball puts that guy on.  Scioscia was feeling lucky but it was a slap in the face to the Twins.

I agree that you do not put the tying man on base.  AS for the slap in the face, the guy hit an ugly ground ball right down the line while having both feet off the ground.