• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels on the “verge” of acquiring 3B...

CanadianHalo

Again, I don't have a problem with a one-year deal for Cozart just like I don't have a problem with a short term commitment to Nunes or a trade for Headley with 1 year left if the package is similar to what we traded for Kinsler.  None of these guys are long-term solutions so they don't deserve long-term commitments but I would do those deals over a Moustakas deal of 4-5 years any day of the week.  

7 minutes ago, mulwin444 said:

Again, I don't have a problem with a one-year deal for Cozart just like I don't have a problem with a short term commitment to Nunes or a trade for Headley with 1 year left if the package is similar to what we traded for Kinsler.  

I don't think you get Cozart or Nunez for only one year.  I'd imagine they get two to three years.  I'm personally hoping for Nunez, who can lead-off, has speed and can play 3B/SS/2B.

20 hours ago, IheartLA said:

To add: Moustakas is not good...a 2 WAR player is not someone to pay a lot of money too. Plus he's one of the slowest, 413 out of 451, and a terrible defender. Big, fat, power hitters with no OB skills who can't defend never age well. Fielder/Cabrera/Pujols - these guys fall apart by their early 30s.

At least Cano/Arod you could argue held up fairly well. 

Arod's WAR was 21.8, Pujols is at 7.6 :) , if we're being generous and put 1 win at $7M for Arod, $8M for Pujols (inflation b/c he started 4 years sooner) then Arod was worth $152.6M and Pujols is at $60.8M. Cano is actually outperfoming his deal so far. Pujols would need to put up like 3 WAR ;) the next four years to even match Arod. LOL.

Arod was on Roids........

4 hours ago, Angelsjunky said:

I kind of have the feeling that Eppler is comfortable going into the year with Valbuena at 3B and will only grap a Cozart or Frazier if the price is right. Otherwise he can either spend the money bolstering the pitching staff, or just saving it for next year. 

I don’t think there would be this many rumors of Angels connected to 3B, via FA or trade, if Eppler was comfortable with going into the year with Valbuena.  I actually like Valbuena, but in a much more limited role.  He shouldn’t be getting 500 ABs.