• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

More Thoughts & Prayers

8 minutes ago, arch stanton said:

Law enforcement is never going to be the correct answer for determining competence. And to answer your question, whoever thinks I shouldn’t have it should come get it 

Can we stop the damn chest thumping, please.  
There has to be a standard, we both agree that there must be clear and compelling reasons to take away someones rights.  When it comes to a license to own or carry a gun, who else aside from law enforcement is in even a remotely qualified position to make that decision as to whether or not or issue or revoke that right? 
A lawyer or the court is certainly not, they have no knowledge of the persons past acts or criminal history, no one does, but law enforcement.  
So I ask you again, if that call has to be made, who is in the best place to make that call if not law enforcment? 

I support the right to own, im not anti gun, but i do think those who have a proven history of violence  or have proven themselves a threat to others should have that right revoked.   There must be clearl reasons, there must be someone responsible for making and enforcing that decision.   

I would imagine it would be a combination of ways. First stop, banning new sales. I think funds should be allocated to a buy back program.

Guess you could consider a grandfathering for existing owners, without allowing sales of weapons to other people (in essence...you can keep it for yourself/family or turn it back in...but you can't sell it to a 3rd party). Australia handled this issue, most likely their process would be looked at carefully to see what could be applied in the US.

People talk about US history/gun culture was different than Australia...but I see that as a bit of a cop out...20 years ago we were being asked smoking/non-smoking. Culture changes.

I think we should have an actual war on nuetral territory like Arkansas, since I doubt anyone cares if it gets shot up or not, and pit the gun control vs the gun rights factions to three days of unrestricted battle and when the whistle blows we take a majority vote from the survivors. 

4 minutes ago, floplag said:

Can we stop the damn chest thumping, please.  
There has to be a standard, we both agree that there must be clear and compelling reasons to take away someones rights.  When it comes to a license to own or carry a gun, who else aside from law enforcement is in even a remotely qualified position to make that decision as to whether or not or issue or revoke that right? 
A lawyer or the court is certainly not, they have no knowledge of the persons past acts or criminal history, no one does, but law enforcement.  
So I ask you again, if that call has to be made, who is in the best place to make that call if not law enforcment? 

I support the right to own, im not anti gun, but i do think those who have a proven history of violence  or have proven themselves a threat to others should have that right revoked.   There must be clearl reasons, there must be someone responsible for making and enforcing that decision.   

Why would you want to concentrate that much power in the hands of law enforcement? Having a felony conviction already disqualifies you. If it’s proven that you have committed an offense that might warrant restricting your gun rights that’s pretty black and white. When you let anyone try to predetermine fitness that’s bullshit. There’s no magic formula for deciding who is a future mass murderer.

6 minutes ago, calscuf said:

I don’t know what you would do.  But saying you’ll shoot whoever tries to take your gun sounds kinda gay, that’s all I’m saying.

I just said come and get it. I never mentioned shooting anyone. I might just turn the hose on you or let the dogs loose. If all else fails I’ll play Smiths music really loud 

2 hours ago, arch stanton said:

Why would you want to concentrate that much power in the hands of law enforcement? Having a felony conviction already disqualifies you. If it’s proven that you have committed an offense that might warrant restricting your gun rights that’s pretty black and white. When you let anyone try to predetermine fitness that’s bullshit. There’s no magic formula for deciding who is a future mass murderer.

Im not talking about pre-determined, you misunderstand.  In no case should anyone be denied ANY right without actual evidence.   
In the case of those who have shown a violent history (IE have a record), have had issues and shown hostility with others (behavioral issues), diagnosed with mental concerns that could make them a risk to others... clear defining items, that would be on record... in those cases, and those cases only, would that right be denied util such time as they can be evaluated as to the threat they may pose.
Im not talking about them making a judgement call, im talking about clearly defined records, they would have or have knowledge of.  
The process of applying for a permit, and issuing one, should be done thru and by law enforcement.  The decision of whether or not to issue it would be based on facts, not judgment or guesswork

37 minutes ago, Kevin said:

Terrorists are the worst. 

Also is Mark the english translation for Mohammed? 

And I wonder if terrorism is his day job and plumbing is a hobby or vice versa?

gallery_nrm_1418834165-trucky.jpg

Mark is from Texas and it was quite the story out here.

He ended up suing the dealer.

https://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2017-01-09/plumber-whose-decaled-truck-went-to-syria-settles-lawsuit

2 hours ago, arch stanton said:

I just said come and get it. I never mentioned shooting anyone. I might just turn the hose on you or let the dogs loose. If all else fails I’ll play Smiths music really loud 

i believe that would violate my 8th amendment rights against cruel and unusual punishment.

6 hours ago, Thomas said:

People buy cosmetic modifications to turn their death dealing assault weapon into a death dealing rifle. 

Just like California. Make it look less scary and it's legal. Flash hiders reduce muzzle flash when fired. Muzzle brakes reduce recoil therefor making target acquisition much quicker. Guess which one California made unlawful?

Image result for Thordsen Gen 3 AR-15Image result for AR-15

The one on top is a California compliant AR and the one on the bottom is not. They operate the exact same way. Pointless

33 minutes ago, Jason said:

Just like California. Make it look less scary and it's legal. Flash hiders reduce muzzle flash when fired. Muzzle brakes reduce recoil therefor making target acquisition much quicker. Guess which one California made unlawful?

Image result for Thordsen Gen 3 AR-15Image result for AR-15

The one on top is a California compliant AR and the one on the bottom is not. They operate the exact same way. Pointless

This is an argument that laws need to be dynamic and adaptable.  Not that they shouldn’t exist.  The gun industry adapts.  So should the laws.