• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

More Thoughts & Prayers

19 minutes ago, Jason said:

It will be interesting to see what, if any, changes are made with their organization. 

FBI had the Pulse nightclub shooter on the watchlist, then decided he's a good boy.  Paddock wasn't on anyone's radar.  Even with all the guns he bought in multiple states.  

Nothing will change at the FBI.  Because Trump.

1 hour ago, gotbeer said:

FBI had the Pulse nightclub shooter on the watchlist, then decided he's a good boy.  Paddock wasn't on anyone's radar.  Even with all the guns he bought in multiple states.  

Nothing will change at the FBI.  Because Trump.

Trump wasnt in office for the shootings prior to his taking office, i mean these things did happen under Obama you know... and Bush... and pretty much every president in the last 30-40 years so... irrational Trump hatred aside who do you blame for those? 

1 minute ago, floplag said:

Trump wasnt in office for the shootings prior to his taking office, i mean these things did happen under Obama you know... and Bush... and pretty much every president in the last 30-40 years so... irrational Trump hatred aside who do you blame for those? 

I think he was being sarcastic 

21 minutes ago, floplag said:

Democrats, as well as Republicans, have failed miserably on this issue. 

5 hours ago, Tank said:

saw this on FB today. i think this is something that @red321 proposed once upon a time. it's something i support fully.

27972823_1899691136740131_5444060055354891084_n.jpg

All reasonable requirements.  But I was just at the DMV.  And it's a horrible idea that some of those people that got a license could easily also get guns.  Even scarier, is the thought that those DMV workers could be issuing the licenses.  

8 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

All reasonable requirements.  But I was just at the DMV.  And it's a horrible idea that some of those people that got a license could easily also get guns.  Even scarier, is the thought that those DMV workers could be issuing the licenses.  

For California you have to have a permit to carry a gun. It is renewed every 2 years and you must take updated training and qualification. They also inspect your firearms as you can only carry the specific firearm(s) you qualify with.  As far as gun training and insurance, you are a fool to carry a gun and not have that. Even if you shoot someone in self defense it's going to cost you if you have a legal battle afterwards. 

1 minute ago, Jason said:

For California you have to have a permit to carry a gun. It is renewed every 2 years and you must take updated training and qualification. They also inspect your firearms as you can only carry the specific firearm(s) you qualify with.  As far as gun training and insurance, you are a fool to carry a gun and not have that. Even if you shoot someone in self defense it's going to cost you if you have a legal battle afterwards. 

For a CCW right?  And from what I understand, it's difficult to impossible to get one in LA/CA?  

9 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

For a CCW right?  And from what I understand, it's difficult to impossible to get one in LA/CA?  

They are given out by the county sheriff or local PD. Yes, LA and most bay area counties are near impossible. Most of the other counties will issue with some good cause but it varies. I'm in San Bernardino County and it's relatively easy to get one. The sheriff accepts defense of myself and family as good cause. They did a thorough background check and even spoke to all my neighbors.  I support national reciprocity that would place minimum federal guidelines that way states can't restrict your rights and other states be to lax in giving out permits. 

1 minute ago, Jason said:

They are given out by the county sheriff or local PD. Yes, LA and most bay area counties are near impossible. Most of the other counties will issue with some good cause but it varies. I'm in San Bernardino County and it's relatively easy to get one. The sheriff accepts defense of myself and family as good cause. They did a thorough background check and even spoke to all my neighbors.  I support national reciprocity that would place minimum federal guidelines that way states can't restrict your rights and other states be to lax in giving out permits. 

Didn't realize they were easy to get in SB county.  So what's the rule, only good in the city/county?  Could you carry if you go to LA?

15 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Didn't realize they were easy to get in SB county.  So what's the rule, only good in the city/county?  Could you carry if you go to LA?

San Bernardino, Kern, Fresno and Tulare counties are the easiest to get them in. Good anywhere in the State of California. Obviously certain areas like federal buildings and schools are illegal for CCW.

12 hours ago, Jason said:

i'd like to see these conditions apply for everyone who owns a gun, not just those wanting a CCW.

found out yesterday one of my former students has been denied several times for a CCW. he's pissed off about it, too, and doesn't understand why he was denied. judging by his comments to me yesterday, it seems like a wise decision that he's been denied.