• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

More Thoughts & Prayers

10 minutes ago, LHalo said:

If they execute the shooter they should make it a public hanging. Broadcast it all over the fucking world.

I disagree. That'll make him feel special like a spectacle.

He needs to be brought out behind a shed and let the victim's family go to town on him.

It reminds me of this story...

You remind me of the man that lived by the river. He heard a radio report that the river was going to rush up and flood the town, and that the all the residents should evacuate their homes. But the man said, "I'm religious. I pray. God loves me. God will save me." The waters rose up. A guy in a rowboat came along and he shouted, "Hey, hey you, you in there. The town is flooding. Let me take you to safety." But the man shouted back, "I'm religious. I pray. God loves me. God will save me." A helicopter was hovering overhead and a guy with a megaphone shouted, "Hey you, you down there. The town is flooding. Let me drop this ladder and I'll take you to safety." But the man shouted back that he was religious, that he prayed, that God loved him and that God will take him to safety. Well... the man drowned. And standing at the gates of St. Peter he demanded an audience with God. "Lord," he said, "I'm a religious man, I pray, I thought you loved me. Why did this happen?" God said, "I sent you a radio report, a helicopter and a guy in a rowboat. What the hell are you doing here?"

Maybe God has answered your prayers in the form of politicians doing what they can to control guns and Christians are ignoring them?

You also have to wonder what the virtue is of praying for the families after the deaths, rather than praying to fix the problem before it happens.

2 hours ago, nate said:

It reminds me of this story...

Maybe God has answered your prayers in the form of politicians doing what they can to control guns and Christians are ignoring them?

You also have to wonder what the virtue is of praying for the families after the deaths, rather than praying to fix the problem before it happens.

The thoughts and prayers are for grieving families. Nobody is saying that they are the solution to our hatred and violence problems.

17 minutes ago, nate said:

Got it, so nobody is offering any solutions on that side of the aisle.

I’m not sure how you change The hatred that is in someone’s heart. There is no easy solution to it. Human beings have always been terrible. Not sure what we can do to change that now.

25 minutes ago, Jason said:

I’m not sure how you change The hatred that is in someone’s heart. There is no easy solution to it. Human beings have always been terrible. Not sure what we can do to change that now.

You’re right, human beings are human beings and will do bad things.  We probably shouldn’t make it so easy to execute those bad things tho.  People should accept the world as it is.  People go out and get these guns and shoot places up.  This is what is happening.  With the 24/7 news coverage this is gonna get.  I don’t think it’s unlikely that we won’t see a copy cat quickly.  These events always seem to come in multiples.  The mass shooting is in the publics psyche. 

At what point does the body count out weigh the benefit of being able to get your hands on a gun easily ? 

29 minutes ago, Jason said:

It is actually incredibly simple.

You limit the access to weapons of mass murder from these people.

Australia did it in the 90s and hasn't had a mass shooting since.

Amazing, I know.

1 minute ago, UndertheHalo said:

You’re right, human beings are human beings and will do bad things.  We probably shouldn’t make it so easy to execute those bad things tho.  People should accept the world as it is.  People go out and get these guns and shoot places up.  This is what is happening.  With the 24/7 news coverage this is gonna get.  I don’t think it’s unlikely that we won’t see a copy cat quickly.  These events always seem to come in multiples.  The mass shooting is in the publics psyche. 

At what point does the body count out weigh the benefit of being able to get your hands on a gun easily ? 

It is a lot easier when you look the other way and then offer your thoughts and prayers to the victim's families.

3 minutes ago, nate said:

It is actually incredibly simple.

You limit the access to weapons of mass murder from these people.

Australia did it in the 90s and hasn't had a mass shooting since.

Amazing, I know.

The silly liberals in California and their “crazy” gun laws have reduced gun violence by 40% in the last 25 years.  

Also shocking.