• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

More Thoughts & Prayers

25 minutes ago, Geoff said:

Probably too soon for a "vehicles kill" thread.  So I guess we'll all just offer more Ts & Ps.

If you think it's too soon for a vapid "vehicles kill" thread, you might want to check the second post in the thread about the terrorist attack itself.

1 minute ago, red321 said:

feel free to discuss how you think we can deal with vehicular terrorist attacks, looking forward to your contribution on the subject

I do wonder how a dedicated bike trail so close to a sensitive location like the WTC didn't have obstacles in place to block vehicular traffic. Even if to prevent people turning onto it by accident.

8 minutes ago, RallyMo said:

If you think it's too soon for a vapid "vehicles kill" thread, you might want to check the second post in the thread about the terrorist attack itself.

I appreciate that the thread wasn't vapid enough for you not to post.

9 minutes ago, Thomas said:

I do wonder how a dedicated bike trail so close to a sensitive location like the WTC didn't have obstacles in place to block vehicular traffic. Even if to prevent people turning onto it by accident.

That is surprising, you would think that's one of the first things they'd do

5 minutes ago, Thomas said:

It's a really good point.  Why our cities are set up to put pedestrians and cyclist so close is puzzling. 

Drunk drivers, young drivers, old drivers and (in this latest case) terrorists.  Seems like all of the deaths from these machines are just past off as an unfortunate part of our society.  Just part of our freedom. 

Mandatory breathalyzers in all vehicles?  Too expensive.  Mandatory bi-annual behind the wheel driving test?  Too much government overreach.  Senors on sidewalks that would automatically kill a vehicles engine if it crossed over?  Too expensive. 

There's an excuse for everything.  So let's just keep sending those Ts & Ps.

17 minutes ago, Thomas said:

The other thing I noted...looks like he jumped out of the truck with a pellet gun meaning he probably couldn't get his hands on a real gun. Probably saved a few lives 

2 minutes ago, red321 said:

The other thing I noted...looks like he jumped out of the truck with a pellet gun meaning he probably couldn't get his hands on a real gun. Probably saved a few lives 

I think he was trying for suicide by cop. If he can rent a truck from home Depot he could have certainly aquired a gun.

9 minutes ago, Blarg said:

I think he was trying for suicide by cop. If he can rent a truck from home Depot he could have certainly aquired a gun.

I don't disagree on the suicide by cop, those virgins will have to wait I guess. I'm guessing the laws in NY/NJ for renting a truck from home depot are a bit more restrictive than acquiring a gun, but I could be wrong.

11 minutes ago, Geoff said:

It's a really good point.  Why our cities are set up to put pedestrians and cyclist so close is puzzling. 

Drunk drivers, young drivers, old drivers and (in this latest case) terrorists.  Seems like all of the deaths from these machines are just past off as an unfortunate part of our society.  Just part of our freedom. 

Mandatory breathalyzers in all vehicles?  Too expensive.  Mandatory bi-annual behind the wheel driving test?  Too much government overreach.  Senors on sidewalks that would automatically kill a vehicles engine if it crossed over?  Too expensive. 

There's an excuse for everything.  So let's just keep sending those Ts & Ps.

Geoff's proposal. No damn terrorist truckers are going to ruin this beach front. 

Dragons-Teeth.jpg

Just now, red321 said:

I don't disagree on the suicide by cop, those virgins will have to wait I guess. I'm guessing the laws in NY/NJ for renting a truck from home depot are a bit more restrictive than acquiring a gun, but I could be wrong.

He's from Florida. 

18 minutes ago, red321 said:

At one point, yes, and Ohio it looks like. But reports are he was living in NJ prior to the attack

He had access to any gun store in Jersey, just like everyone else. 

Look up Luciano's gun store in Jesey. It's a residence not a place zoned industrial or commercial. There is a playground across the street.

Caso's Gun-A-Rama looks like a pizza shop converted to sell Glocks and assault weapons.

Heritage Guild is where I would shop because they deal with classics but I could still pick up a Baretta with multiple clips.

The Florida comment was just a joke about... He's from fucking Florida! Plus that state has very weak gun laws, he could have made the drive and paid cash to a private seller through the local pennysaver ad, no ID check. 

Edited by Blarg