• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

More Thoughts & Prayers

1 hour ago, nate said:

It is actually incredibly simple.

You limit the access to weapons of mass murder from these people.

Australia did it in the 90s and hasn't had a mass shooting since.

Amazing, I know.

The AR 15 is the most popular gun in the country. Some estimates are around 10 million of them out there. How is preventing me from buying one this week going to stop this? Are you ok with Uncle Sam going in and taking them all away? Before we start making new laws how about we enforce strict penalties on people that use guns for criminal activities?  

6 hours ago, LHalo said:

The LiveLeak video showing the aftermath is so sad/disturbing. Poor kids are going to be traumatized for life. 

My friend survived the San Bernardino shooting. I can confirm your statement is accurate. It’s awful. Hopefully they get the help they need early on instead of just “sucking it up” and moving on.

12 hours ago, nate said:

Got it, so nobody is offering any solutions on that side of the aisle.

Just like they didnt in the 8 years of Obama on either side of the aisle.  This isnt partisan, acting like it is is completely disingenuous. 

This isnt a new thing, its been happening my entire life regardless of who the hell is in the white house.  The first one i remember was the San Ysidro McDs, the expression going postal has a reason, these things all happened looooooong before Trump.  Stop drinking the partisan koolaid and politicizing something that isnt.

I find the whole thing asinine that the agenda people dont care at all about the why, only the how.   We do nothing to help mental illness outside a token effort.  We under staff and under fund anything that might help stop the root cause of these things.  From what im reading this latest incident could have been prevented if the red flags were dealt with, but as usual, they werent. 

Im legit starting to think these people are actually being coerced or coached into doing these things as stopping them the right way doesnt help the agenda.  

12 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

The silly liberals in California and their “crazy” gun laws have reduced gun violence by 40% in the last 25 years.  

Also shocking. 

Is it more to do with the legislation or the reduction of lead in the air?
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2013/jan/07/violent-crime-lead-poisoning-british-export

5 minutes ago, floplag said:

I smell creative accounting on that one. 

It isn't. But it isn't exclusive to the state or even the country. It is a global decline in violent crimes. It's why people are looking at other factors such as environmental ones including reductions in lead consumption since it has affected areas where there has been little change in applicable laws.

5 minutes ago, Thomas said:

It isn't. But it isn't exclusive to the state or even the country. It is a global decline in violent crimes. It's why people are looking at other factors such as environmental ones including reductions in lead consumption since it has affected areas where there has been little change in applicable laws.

Maybe there is something to what you are saying. It is a fact that violent crime in the country has been on the decline yet gun ownership is rising. 

11 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

It still doesn’t change the net positive.  The laws have been undeniably effective.

The Bloods and Crips were at their peak 25 years ago with drive by shootings happening on a daily/nightly basis. The laws on gang violence and the crackdown by LAPD is what curbed that but those and other gangs are as equally armed, if not better, they just are not as active.

It's a false narrative that the spit in the bucket gun laws have had any affect on criminal violence. 

19 minutes ago, Thomas said:

So they are shifting blame to other causes, still has an odor of creative accounting  to me.  
I dont know im not up on the research, it just seems funny to me that they can make a claim that the laws have had an affect when the reality is they are just tallying it differently.   My observations suggest it hasnt gone down much, it isnt like the crips and bloods arent still acting the fool for example. 

2 hours ago, Blarg said:

The Bloods and Crips were at their peak 25 years ago with drive by shootings happening on a daily/nightly basis. The laws on gang violence and the crackdown by LAPD is what curbed that but those and other gangs are as equally armed, if not better, they just are not as active.

It's a false narrative that the spit in the bucket gun laws have had any affect on criminal violence. 

There are a lot of factors in play when we talk about California’s decline in violence.  Thomas post about the lead is interesting. I’ve posted here before acknowledging that the gun control laws aren’t the only thing in play.  You guys want to completely dismiss that gun laws have played their part.  We all want to see what we want to see I guess.  I’m not an expert so I’m not going to keep arguing about this with you guys.  But I think that if there’s any false narrative.  Out right denial of the positive effects of gun control is absolutely one.  It’s logical that making it more difficult for guns to massively proliferate would have the effect of reducing violence via guns.  Your compulsion to deny this is puzzling.  The gun laws have had a positive effect in California.  The statistics bear that out. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

49 minutes ago, floplag said:

So they are shifting blame to other causes, still has an odor of creative accounting  to me.  
I dont know im not up on the research, it just seems funny to me that they can make a claim that the laws have had an affect when the reality is they are just tallying it differently.   My observations suggest it hasnt gone down much, it isnt like the crips and bloods arent still acting the fool for example. 

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-lapd-crime-stats-claim-20171103-story.html